Where is this game going

General
To start; this is not a rant but a... discussion i guess?

Let's start with the good stuff. You have outdone yourself once again with the zones and it's themes. The music is great and the leveling content and story(characters) are fresh. But this is where it stops.

You hit 120. Time to unlock your content. Oh... world quests... again. Well at least i can go do story que... Oh... locked. I need to be Revered to do the story.

The game is a buggy mess. Typos in every other sentence, quests not working, quest rewards stating false amounts of rewards, combat bug every 10 minutes.
Content that is fun doing it 1 time and then gets tedious but it's intended to do 50 times more. Races being locked behind a massive grind. The new raid basically already cleared before it's even out. Nothing to go into the world for except for these tedious world quests to unlock that brown version of an orc.

I could make up so much more but i am genuinly wondering how this could be the standard for Blizzard. How is everything in this game a chore, and not something you'd do because you want to??
cause its an industry.

its segmented with each part competing who will have less to do.

classes are pruned so its less work
scaling mechanisms to do the work for them every expansion
bugs? aint got time for that "blizz programer"
they literaly copy pasted legion with different anchor points...

i believe the shot shiw that is brewing is well deserved.
But why?
Everyone been asking for the faction war to return to WoW. They give it to us after they completely chewed it up and spat it out...

It feels like they are mocking their players. Implementing exactly all the things we ask to be removed. This "why 2 quests if you can repeat the first one 10 times instead" mentality is going to kill this game on the long run. I think i'm still playing because i'd have nothing else to play and i'm somewhat enjoying BfA still. But i'm also frustrated towards all that content being locked behind long grinds and whatever we do have is bugged.

They pushed this xpac to release it months earlier and now the game is filled with unproffesionalism. Activision defiles everything they touch.
Down the toilet is my thought.

The overarching question when they put in an activity is "Is this fun enough to stand on its own"

The answer to most of the crap they've burdened us with is "no". World quests are a means to an end, those borefest scenarios are so bad I can't even remember their name. Warfronts by all accounts are worse than them.

I've pretty much participated in most of what wow has to offer but this is like a diluted cynical version of it made by people who are more concerned about how long they can keep you logged in rather than if you're having fun.
Completly destroying class that was fine (shaman, especially ele) and then ommiting it just shows how much they dont care.

I think this could force them to spit F2P model.
the hearth of azeroth is the most questionable content ever added.

from now on, with every new content patch, it will go like this:

gz on new armor! now go out there and farm WQ's and expeditions for azerite so you can actually use the new armor.

it's going to be awkward having to throw your new stuff in the bank because it only has 0 or 1 passive trait opened while your current gear has 3 or 4.
it's going to be awkward having to throw your new stuff in the bank because it only has 0 or 1 passive trait opened while your current gear one has 3 or 4.

Another !@#$-up on the pile of rushed content
06/09/2018 00:05Posted by Angrypickle
But why?

I have a hypothesis that this has more to do with the development cycle for wow expansions. We know that they're already working on the one after BfA (which atm I'll just call BfA +1) which implies they're already designing the expansion after that (BfA +2). I recall hearing at one point they had to have a discussion within blizzard whether WoD would be released before Legion.

Which in my opinion implies that they have 2 seperate design teams working on wow expansions at a time, and have probably had this since wotlk/cata eras, possibly longer. Let's just call them team A and team B. It seems that team A probably worked on wotlk/MoP/legion and team B worked on cata/WoD/BfA. What team A's projects have in common is a degree of positivity from the community, even if they were let down in some areas. They had some pretty good ideas for the expansion and they did manage to achieve some impressive things in them.

Team B on the other hand seem to be plagued with production failures. Cata had a lot of missing content, even entire raids had to be left out because of it, WoD was a disaster with having next to no content in it's entirity. I think it was about 6 months after launch that the first "major" patch was added that boiled down to an additional daily quest (sometimes), some RNG and releasing a raid they told us was ready at launch.

Now we have BfA, which is either the result of massive production problems again or what I could charitably describe as a design team that is actively trying to get themselves fired. It's not so much the problems themselves that really annoys me with BfA, it's the stupidity behind them that really annoys me.

But that's getting off topic. If my hypothesis is correct then this expansion will be quite poor overall, but the next one should be quite good.
With the OPs particular question in mind I've been on the fence over BFA since pre patch hit. I've learned not to pre-order games, and now with the general regard to the game I have more or less decided to play up to and complete legion before shelving Wow until the next expansion. I need to see how this current expansion develops as there's just too much against BFA right now for me to buy into mainly the ilvl scaling and the progression being all but discarded. I have no desire to reach level cap and be weak. I have never played a game where you are max level yet are weakened vs world mobs. I know why, I just don't agree or can stomach the idea of it.

I have no intention of grinding heroics for months hoping to see armour upgrades, and as I won't be raiding I have to admit the appeal of spending all my time hoping for dreadful rng drop rates to favour me is unattractive at best.

In essence the grind of levelling along with grind related content in the new expansion has in about 6 weeks turned my mindset from an enthused return to questioning level cap and disillusioned expansion release content. Not for a minute do i believe my opinion I held by every player, but I know I'm not the only one.
Wasn't this exactly the same as in WoD? The zones and quests were amazing, I honestly loved questing there but then... we all know how it ended.

"Times change." Ion laughs maniacally in the background.
FTP.
06/09/2018 00:17Posted by Nythse
the hearth of azeroth is the most questionable content ever added.

from now on, with every new content patch, it will go like this:

gz on new armor! now go out there and farm WQ's and expeditions for azerite so you can actually use the new armor.

it's going to be awkward having to throw your new stuff in the bank because it only has 0 or 1 passive trait opened while your current gear has 3 or 4.
HA HA you hit the nail on the head there.
Everything feels so watered down, I don't understand why they feel it's good gameplay.

-Same classes as Legion, but even less abilities.
-Same AP grind as Legion but a bit slower and less rewarding
-Same dull rep grind as Legion, but more necessary to do it.
-Same WQ's as Legion but less rewarding, worse gear
-Same mission table as Legion but nerfed.
-GCD's added to abilities
-Nerfed leveling
-Nerfed bonus seals
-More ilv scales up open world mobs
-Less secondary stats
-Traits wildly unbalanced

I don't get it. How did an entire experienced development team decide the best way to make a new, fun and exciting expansion was to pull up the core of the old one and take lots of things away from it?
Blizzard seems to have forgotten that they got so succesful with doing great games in the first place.

These days they see no other way than milking their subs and squeezing as little content as possible as hard as possible..

they don't seem to grasp that they could actually have numbers that please the investors by doing stuff that people enjoy rather than milking them
For me a expansion is all about some good set/transmog. BFA got awesome sets/transmogs, so I am gonna stay until i farmed all pieces lol.
I'm at the stage where I believe that Blizzard (the actual WoW team who used to make awesome expansions) are no longer in control, whatsoever.

It's like a completely new WoW development team have moved in over night and replaced the old team (Activision *cough*) and the boss is that money-honey corporate guy that Angry Joe plays.
To be honest - World of Warcraft's monthly revenue is roughly 150 mil EUR.I don't know about you guys but, do you feel as if you are getting 150 mil EUR worth of content each month, because I sure as hell do not feel that way.The worse thing is - the art department or w/e it is called is actually killing it - they are being original and deliver pretty awesome stuff, while the developers struggle with simple mathematics and class balancing - something that should honestly be done automatically at this point, leaving room for creativity in class design, gameplay and new features.A single intern scouring the forums for two weeks and collecting ideas could honestly bring up better ideas, than what we have right now.I do not, however, think that this is just incompetence - to me it looks like a controlled attempt at milking a product, which, to be honest, has a lot more potential to deliver.

I get sad every time Ian comes up and starts writhing and sniveling on useless questions, while Lore locks his empty souless stare somewhere above the camera and stutters on nicknames while reading something like "how do you plan to recolor the next two remodels of old battle pets?".
06/09/2018 00:05Posted by Angrypickle

Activision defiles everything they touch.

^
06/09/2018 03:31Posted by Hyunlei
Everything feels so watered down, I don't understand why they feel it's good gameplay.

-Same classes as Legion, but even less abilities.
-Same AP grind as Legion but a bit slower and less rewarding
-Same dull rep grind as Legion, but more necessary to do it.
-Same WQ's as Legion but less rewarding, worse gear
-Same mission table as Legion but nerfed.
-GCD's added to abilities
-Nerfed leveling
-Nerfed bonus seals
-More ilv scales up open world mobs
-Less secondary stats
-Traits wildly unbalanced

I don't get it. How did an entire experienced development team decide the best way to make a new, fun and exciting expansion was to pull up the core of the old one and take lots of things away from it?
my guess is they are preparing wow to go f2p. That's the only possibile explanation. Or they are planing to launch classic next summer and want to ensure milions will leave bfa to try out classic. Wouldnt surprise me if they charge 60 $ for each copy even from current players
world quest is relevant till you get your max reps tbh there is no need to push EXALTED get revered and you are in sweet spot, res rep you will get in time from missions and stuff.

WQ is only for new world bosses and i guess azerite grind which is not much usually 5-8 per Kultyras and Zendalar location which takes about 1 hour a day to complete all.