Is there any reason to stay in a losing BG?

Battlegrounds
If you dont get conquest which is the only thing that gives worthwhile gear you are just wasting your time.

It would be faster to get the debuff and try again
To have fun while facing a challenging situation?

Why are people approaching this game like a job (no wage, no work) ?
07/09/2018 08:14Posted by Poulpa

While are people approaching this game like a job (no wage, no work) ?

1. They used to games where u can surrender and start new game. Like LoL etc. Dont get me wrong it pains me too I always admire blizz that they dont bring that stupid surrender system into WoW / Hots / OW.

06/09/2018 20:54Posted by Rålph
gear

They are noobs, sry but srsly there is scallign all the way in PvP, u dont need some super gear just get some funny trinkets, azerite gear with LOW ilvl so u could unlock azerite traits and u go killing mythic geared ppl,

Rålph i dont want to insult you. U asked a question, so u are looking for knowledge and i respect that. Get some gear with your BiS stats (dont bother ilvl), get trinkets that u like (dotn bother ilvl), and get some azerite armor with good traits on them (high ilvl is bad i have 355shoudlers with nice traits and i cant use them on pvp becouse only 1st trait is unlocked [my neck - 19lvl and i need like 26 to unlock shoulders] better to get good traits then high ilvl.
All your dmg will be scalled to match person who u attack.
Honor.

Alliance have enlightment again which is both sad and good at the same time.

It wouldn't. A typical "losing game" can be ascertained with a decent probability of being correct at the halfway point. The longest BGs take about 20 minutes. If 10 minutes are gone, then the deserter would be longer than that.

Besides, does it hurt so much to actually try?
If you dont get conquest which is the only thing that gives worthwhile gear you are just wasting your time.

Losing is quicker then 15 minutes deserter and enables you to queue faster

Turned around an AV the other day all that had to be done was defend one tower for long enough for our side to recover on bunker caps and boom something a lot of people considered a loss turned into a 1 minute lead on tower/bunker capping which meant we had their boss down before they could even start ours.

So OP, if you're the type to leave from a losing BG, please don't join at all, you obviously lack the neccisary drive to help your teammates reach victory

Rålph i dont want to insult you. U asked a question, so u are looking for knowledge and i respect that. Get some gear with your BiS stats (dont bother ilvl), get trinkets that u like (dotn bother ilvl), and get some azerite armor with good traits on them (high ilvl is bad i have 355shoudlers with nice traits and i cant use them on pvp becouse only 1st trait is unlocked [my neck - 19lvl and i need like 26 to unlock shoulders] better to get good traits then high ilvl.
All your dmg will be scalled to match person who u attack.
So to be certain, someone with high level BIS stat gear is as powerfull as someone with low level BIS stat gear? it doesn't get more rediculous the further down in ilvl you go?
I remember Draenor had a massive amount of options as far as stat costumization went
Nope, there really is no point in wasting time on a losing BG. PvP is boring as crap, but Blizzard somehow always manages to make the best looking gear for PvP... I had hopes for Warfronts, but of course Blizzard messed up the gear you get from it. At least for Horde, as the tint you get is all wrong and it should have been the one from PvP, as that is the one all the warfront guards are using.
Here a free tip, if you are alliance than just click on the random epic bgs which is forty vs forty. Alliance tend to win 90% since it is mostly pve.

If you are horde then you can play the random normal bgs, horde tend to win more of that.
Turning a losing game around is a better reward than gear / transmog.

It sucks when people quit, diminishing your chances further, but it also makes that implausible victory so much sweeter for those who see it through. I did always wonder if I made it into the next bg before the quitters did.
Of course there is. If you dont want to have bad and disrespectful behaviours go rampant, you dont want to perpetuate them in the first place.

Here : different players will have different assessment about when a BG is "lost". So, if you dont want to see players leaving because not everybody went LM a the first fight, then dont leave when you think it is lost either.

Besides, even if it is a stomp, just wait the 3 minutes it'll take to be fived capped. It is annoying, but it'll be soon over anyway.
I think the main problem here is reward structure. If people want to leave because every minute spent in "BG that is most likely lost" is a waste of time, then that should be addressed.

An easy way to do that is to reward progress within the Battleground. If you get 50% of the points that are required to win a Battleground, then you should get 50% of the reward you would have gotten had you won. Victory rewards would have to be converted (so if you lose twice with 50% points, then you're capped), but that's about it - winning would still be rewarded the most. Rewards should of course still only be given out after the battleground has ended so people have to stay unless the BG is utterly one-sided.
Imo, no. I will stay in a bg where we are losing if the game is atleast even. If the game is uneven as hell then I won't bother. I'd rather take the debuff and do something else while it goes away. I play for fun and getting stomped isn't fun.

Unless its wsg, then I will just leave straight away anyways because that bg can die in a fire. Bring back blacklist pls.
I suggest /afk and do some WQs until debuff expires. There is absolutely no point struggling against horrible MM like no healers vs 1+ healer/s or melee groups that destroy anything they see especially those with warriors.

You only going to be upset, angry etc. So make you life less stressful and leave immediately and maybe Blizz will notice somethings wrong.
You should take the time and consider if competetive gaming is for you. If you can't handle losing, or give up before the game is over perhaps you should stick to single player games or PvE.
Rather dont do PVP if you are are going to have such a defeatist attitude, and only care about the rewards.
Not really much point, no. You're basically sitting in there until it ends just so you can queue again for another 6-10 minutes.

You'd do better just leaving and doing something else for 15 minutes. Play another game in the meantime.

07/09/2018 08:14Posted by Poulpa

A one sided loss where you're pretty much getting farmed at the graveyard isn't exactly what I'd call fun.
14/09/2018 21:21Posted by Goc
A one sided loss where you're pretty much getting farmed at the graveyard isn't exactly what I'd call fun.

I agree.
Crushing defeats are rarely fun and they are going to happen.
But don't leave over it.
If they're farming you for honour, stop rezzing & don't give them the satisfaction. They'll soon get bored & cap. Then onto the next game.

What do you think of the folk who queued for 10mins just to fill your shoes for the last min of a crushing defeat, then have to requeue again?

Sometimes I wish they'd open up a separate queue list just for quitters, to fill the spaces left by other quitters. Reap what you sow.
12/09/2018 06:27Posted by Cirkus
You should take the time and consider if competetive gaming is for you. If you can't handle losing, or give up before the game is over perhaps you should stick to single player games or PvE.

Other games least reward loser for sticking to end of match. In WoW, you get nothing but some "honor" which has no value as currency. But for example, GW2 uses system where you can still gain progress rewards in ranked even if you lose, but its based on HOW much you end up losing game. Simply make it so conquest reward is also given to losing team, but only at 50% effect. That would also reduce amount of leavers.

Nah, you got it wrong bro, take debuff and log alt try again.
And unless you make a 10 man premade and queue into randoms your doing it wrong. Cause you too could make a group and queue a premade and win 3 healers vs randoms...

I know thats RBG but apparently the cool/skilled kids RBG is premade vs randoms and still pretend its skill and fair, but I dont mind them so much doing that I just dont queue any more ever, eventually it will be premades only Vs Premade and how I will laugh ;-)
07/09/2018 23:34Posted by Splinter
Turning a losing game around is a better reward than gear / transmog.

It sucks when people quit, diminishing your chances further, but it also makes that implausible victory so much sweeter for those who see it through. I did always wonder if I made it into the next bg before the quitters did.

Agreed. Had a fantastic AV a couple of days ago where it took a very long time to win and I only got 15 CP. One of the best BGs I have ever done.

I get TC though. Before you could struggle against awesome players just to get more honor, because you could buy new gear, but now honor is basically a pointless "currency". It feels like I have much less to struggle for now, even though I would never give up.