Arathi Highlands World Bosses - Too much of a loot pinata?

General
2 days ago I hit 120.
Yesterday I went to Arathi to do some world bosses.
in 1 hour time I got 4 ilevel 340 epic items... which were like an upgrade of 50 ilevels...

Is this really meant to be? I feel like it was too easy to get these epics... why would I run dungeons for lower rewards if i can get them with no effort in Arathi?
I hadn't even finished Vol'Dun yet.. so i'm feeling like I took a huge leap in strength without following the normal gradually increase of ilevels...

Thoughts?
Who cares? 340 is trash tier gear.
I don't know what you are talking about. I killed ~10 rares + world boss and got nothing. I mean, I get that RNG and bla bla bla, but you asked for thoughts, so here's mine: I got nothing in terms of the drops so far and that wasn't for lack of trying.
06/09/2018 09:22Posted by Sogorim
n 1 hour time I got 4 ilevel 340 epic items... which were like an upgrade of 50 ilevels...

Is this really meant to be? I feel like it was too easy to get these epics... why would I run dungeons for lower rewards if i can get them with no effort in Arathi?
I hadn't even finished Vol'Dun yet.. so i'm feeling like I took a huge leap in strength without following the normal gradually increase of ilevels...
I haven't studied the loot tables on these things yet but those rares that gave me 340 item level gear had over 1700K hitpoints. That's like one of those "rare" elites we need a big group for all over Kul Tiras & Zandalar. Hardly a cakewalk to kill but your mileage may vary. :)
I spend there together like 1 hour and all I got was 340 mace on my Shaman.

I was in Elemental spec with loot spec to Resto.
I got Agility mace.
hmm guess I got lucky then...

06/09/2018 09:24Posted by Qaren
I haven't studied the loot tables on these things yet but those rares that gave me 340 item level gear had over 1700K hitpoints. That's like one of those "rare" elites we need a big group for all over Kul Tiras & Zandalar. Hardly a cakewalk to kill but your mileage may vary. :)

yeah well there are many raids to be find in custom group finder. Easy to tag along.

06/09/2018 09:25Posted by Whisperer
I spend there together like 1 hour and all I got was 340 mace on my Shaman.

I was in Elemental spec with loot spec to Resto.
I got Agility mace.

check my profile. Got a shield, belt, boots & pants. and two pets.
yeah well there are many raids to be find in custom group finder. Easy to tag along.
Haha, since when is a mob that requires a full raid to kill "too easy"? I must be getting old because I just don't get that.
06/09/2018 09:27Posted by Qaren
Haha, since when is a mob that requires a full raid to kill "too easy"? I must be getting old because I just don't get that.

I didn't say the mob was too easy. It felt like a cakewalk to get all these epics. That's what was too easy ;)
06/09/2018 09:29Posted by Sogorim
I didn't say the mob was too easy. It felt like a cakewalk to get all these epics. That's what was too easy ;)
Yeah the method of getting into those raids is easy, I agree, but the default rewards are 15 item levels below normal Uldir (340 LFR, 355 Normal, 370 Heroic, 385 Mythic) also. Imagine the outrage if you had to jump through several hoops just to be allowed a shot at killing these things. It's all good IMHO.
06/09/2018 09:27Posted by Qaren

Since when is a mob considered difficult just because it requires a full raid to kill?

It's fast and easy to find a group, and killing it doesn't require much individual skill or team coordination.
06/09/2018 09:32Posted by Qaren
06/09/2018 09:29Posted by Sogorim
Yeah the method of getting into those raids is easy, I agree, but the default rewards are 15 item levels below normal Uldir (340 LFR, 355 Normal, 370 Heroic, 385 Mythic) also. Imagine the outrage if you had to jump through several hoops just to be allowed a shot at killing these things. It's all good IMHO.

yep, getting the feeling that I was just really lucky last night ;)
Guys, the less iLV you have the more you get. Friends and I were around 280~ and we got everyone at least +4 gears out of the map.
2 days ago I hit 120.
in 1 hour time I got 4 ilevel 340 epic items... which were like an upgrade of 50 ilevels...

Thoughts?

The bolded parts have nothing to do with anything. It's a new zone/new content so lower geared players will have an easier time catching up.

I agree it's a loot pinata, but I suspect it might be because we got Arathi first. Let's see how it plays out over the next 2 weeks.
06/09/2018 09:22Posted by Sogorim
2 days ago I hit 120.

Thoughts?

I really wanted to post a similar thread named "Free stuff plz? (S)", but OP preceded me. Yesterday I was strolling with my alliance main near the world boss in Stormsong. Saw an horde group fighting it, and was about the start finding an alliance group.
Before doing it, just for fun, I helped those horde guys with 2-3 shots and command kill on the boss. And whoops! a lv355 ring popped up.

I mean - I'm all for world bosses dropping some nice loot from time to time. But at least in previous expansions (pre-legion) they put up a good fight and you could be easily killed if you didn't followed some mechanics. now most of them are just stand and press 2 buttons.

I'm not against catch up methods, but I got a heavy feeling of loot pinatas, just to make the more entitled and spoiled players happy (not only talking about this boss incident, but on general feeling from fighting other elites too.

It's really feels they hurried too much with a very non-challenging catch-up, and that the equation of risk=reward is totally broken.
06/09/2018 09:38Posted by Taxation
The bolded parts have nothing to do with anything.

They give a view on my situation and how I felt about it. It's called "context".

06/09/2018 09:38Posted by Taxation
It's a new zone/new content so lower geared players will have an easier time catching up.

catching up after only 2 weeks?

06/09/2018 09:39Posted by Amnastária
It's really feels they hurried too much with a very non-challenging catch-up, and that the equation of risk=reward is totally broken.

agreed
06/09/2018 09:35Posted by Sclarf
Since when is a mob considered difficult just because it requires a full raid to kill?
I didn't put this on par with killing a mythic end-raid boss or whatever you define as difficult content. You can't easily solo the rares with a metric duck ton of HP on them. Thus they're more difficult mobs to kill than your average trash 100K HP mob and the rewards go up in value if you're lucky to get anything. Yes?
06/09/2018 09:47Posted by Qaren
06/09/2018 09:35Posted by Sclarf
I didn't put this on par with killing a mythic end-raid boss or whatever you define as difficult content. You can't easily solo the rares with a metric duck ton of HP on them. Thus they're more difficult mobs to kill than your average trash 100K HP mob and the rewards go up in value if you're lucky to get anything. Yes?
They're still easy to kill, unless you consider finding/starting a group in Group Finder difficult. Don't really understand your argument, these mobs are in practice easy to kill, especially relative to the potential rewards. Do you disagree with that?
2 days ago I hit 120.

Thoughts?

my thought ? you were very lucky . on my low level hunter i got only 2 pieces. on DH 0 wf/tf that i could use.

rng is rng.

340 is now nothing anyway. next reset you will see most of groups demanding 360 + for everything so who cares.
why would you want to make a post on this? if you look at the drop rate in mythic dungeons and raids, you find that most people hardly get any gear at all.

so this is a good thing.
I don't understand how anyone chooses to go out and kill a bunch of rares for loot. Is super lucky and gets a lot of new loot, and then complains about it....