How do you guys get your gold?

General
I'm always sitting between 19-21k on this character.1 Somehow my money goes and comes and always staying within that range. Legion world quests were plentiful in gold so it wasn't much of a worry but now I never seem to actually get enough to be able to save up. I have maybe half a million in gold spread across my characters all which was collected throughout Legion via world quests. Now it's less than 100 gold from a world quest; even the elite group boss ones.

Is profession the answer?
Selling pictures of myself to women in game.
Blah they are wasting time farming herbs and ores...
I would rather stay poor than have a second job in game~
I do things I enjoy,

- Play the auction house
- Run old content for tmog/pets
- Level/rarify pets and sell them
- Put on some show and go herbing/mining
- Join a farming group through LFG
I sold a lot of that Distilled Water on the Alliance side because apparently people were too lazy to find the vendor (which to be fair, is in an area completely removed from the trainers).

They were selling for 1000 per stack on launch.
All you need is: female character, proper transmog and a mailbox in the capital.
01/09/2018 17:48Posted by Solemnasar
All you need is: female character, proper transmog and a mailbox in the capital.

I should move to Argent Down
I made a killing selling Dark Moon Cards in the first and second week of the expansion. Prices dropped like mad, so I'm just finishing up my own Fathoms deck.

I plan on switching mains once I unlock Dark Iron Dwarfs anyway, so I ain't really bothered by Inscription losing its profitability.

Oh, also: WoW Tokens were 300k+ right before the expansion hit and they're 110k right now... Make of that information what you want :^)
I'm a private dancer
01/09/2018 17:12Posted by Darklight
I sold a lot of that Distilled Water on the Alliance side because apparently people were too lazy to find the vendor (which to be fair, is in an area completely removed from the trainers).

They were selling for 1000 per stack on launch.

Huh there is merchant that sells them right next to the cooking and enchanting trainer.. dumb people will be dumb though
I just play the game...

In MoP I did dailies, grew mats on the farm and farmed herbs.

In WoD I farmed herbs and did the mission tables, there was nothing else to do in that expansion anyway.

In Legion I did world quests, the mission table and farmed herbs.

In BFA so far I pick up herbs while I do world quests.
i don't get gold , gold is pretty worthless in the last few expansions so whats the point farming it. other than free gametime.
I'm actually a little concerned about the absence of money CREATING options as opposed to just money making aka getting money from other players.

In WoD and Legion we had the mission tables, but the BfA mission table seems to have been neutered into pointlessness. An occasional 85 gold mission? Yeah, that's not really gonna cut it to save up for the 5m Brutosaur.

Considering the absolutely ridiculous wealth the richest players have hoarded at this point there must be some kind of plan for a continued gold inflow for the poorer players unless Blizzard wants to test trickledown economics in WoW. Spoiler alert: The gold never trickles down.
I farm rare stuff and sell it, thats where most of my money comes from. I also have few profession items that are easy to make but sell for nice amounts of gold, like goblin gliders for example.
Gold just stacks up because i rarely spend it on anything as im pretty self sufficient with all professions maxed.
01/09/2018 18:30Posted by Calydor
I'm actually a little concerned about the absence of money CREATING options as opposed to just money making aka getting money from other players.

In WoD and Legion we had the mission tables, but the BfA mission table seems to have been neutered into pointlessness. An occasional 85 gold mission? Yeah, that's not really gonna cut it to save up for the 5m Brutosaur.

Considering the absolutely ridiculous wealth the richest players have hoarded at this point there must be some kind of plan for a continued gold inflow for the poorer players unless Blizzard wants to test trickledown economics in WoW. Spoiler alert: The gold never trickles down.

someone failed basic economics at school
With emissary rewards. Is there any other way?

Yeah indeed. First time in a long while (since wotlk) that I decided to reroll, and making gold is certainly a pain now, it seems.

Blizzard seems to have decided to nerf the gold gain from questing etc, while increasing vendor costs (reputation items all cost 1k+, rep mounts 20k, etc).

I think the problem here is there's people with huge amounts of gold, but without gold its also kind of hard to make gold.

Back in previous expansions I made gold with darkmoon cards, but that only works if you already have the gold and characters/professions needed to invest. In legion I farmed herbs, but thats kind of a poor way as well with how huge and hard to navigate the zones are now.

Unless your running 2 harvesting professions you dont have to use the materials for, I dont see how you can earn gold easily from scratch.

I dont know why they didnt balance the economy the hard way long ago. Instead the gap between new/returning players and those that did missions/ah for years on end becomes larger and larger.
01/09/2018 19:54Posted by Calek

someone failed basic economics at school

Someone failed Debating 101, I see. Perhaps next time you could expand a bit on your position, maybe give a few counterpoints with which the rest of the thread can have a discussion rather than resorting to an insulting oneliner?
I still have mine from WoD garrison. Probably will last me another good 3-4 expansions without having to do anything more.