Weapon Item level dropped from 355 to 125 overnight.

General
So instead of acknowledging their mistake and leaving it at that, they're making people use their terrible item restoration system, or, if the player in question has it on CD because of recent use, raise a ticket.

No, "Sorry, our bad."
No, "Just keep it."
No, "Here, have the equivalent 'real' weapon from the boss for your trouble."

The incompetence shown by the devs this expansion is astonishing.

But you dont understand. Blizzard doesnt make mistakes. There are no issues, beucase there are no tickets. There are no tickets, becuase all are marked as resolved with generic "clear WTF cache and contact your ISP" response.

There is no Argent Dawn lag in warfronts.
You should know that 355 weapon is a transmog right away, it was obvious.
There is no lag in Drustvar.
Boralus has no fps drop, upgrade your pc.
There is no spoon.
Absolute joke. Are blizz even trying with this game any more? There's a new bug every single day it's getting rediculous. There was a way to farm the world boss for 370 items yesterday. Now this weap being reverted. Mix in insane server lag. The AH still lagging like crazy every single night. With random disconnects. So far BfA has been an absolute joke. Just layer after layer of rep grind and gated content, and poor content/ massively unbalanced classes.

Wake up blizz, you're a billion dollar company. I've honestly seen private server run 10x smoother then this. With 1 guy running the show.
06/09/2018 12:42Posted by Avendalia
Old blizzard

To be fair I think activision is to blame for this.. And for many bad decisions.. Since they do the same game year after year with nothing changing, Blizzard should just break free and become their own company again.
You have to ask why, why on earth does a boss need a transmog only version of a weapon that already drops from the boss. Why in BFA does it make any sense for them to reward you with a transmog weapon? It made sense in WOD with challenge modes, it made sense in Legion with Artifacts, it certainly doesn't make sense in BFA.

It's like, here you go have this useless piece of crap that looks exactly like the useful item you wanted, congrats. I don't know what's more dumb, the fact that they added a transmog version or the fact that they took a dump on all the players who looted it while it was a functioning weapon.

Why does a transmog item even need to be useless? The Garrosh shoulders weren't useless. It all smells a bit too much.
It's pretty stupid to be honest. Mistake happened, but wouldn't it have been better to just leave the weapon the way it was?
They should just give the proper 355 weapon that should drop to the players that got this bugged one dropped and then turned to a cosmetic, really not sure why they are making obtaining weapons so hard in BFA
06/09/2018 13:41Posted by Nithsethel
They should just give the proper 355 weapon that should drop to the players that got this bugged one dropped and then turned to a cosmetic, really not sure why they are making obtaining weapons so hard in BFA

Weapons are the incentive to keep us subscribed. They fear that if we got weapons too fast we might unsub for a month.
06/09/2018 14:12Posted by Rienor

Weapons are the incentive to keep us subscribed. They fear that if we got weapons too fast we might unsub for a month.

Weapons are the new Legendaries!
Got two weapons last night from first boss, one was with socket and red skin, and had 355 ilvl stats, the other without socket and 355 ilvl , guess which one turned 125 this morning..yeah, the one with a socket which i spent 1,5k on and 2k for the enchant, thanks Blizz...

Because we'd never unsub after spending all month rocking a 320 wq reward and having our decent loot ripped away from us... I mean that's just the pinnacle of entertainment.

Wake up blizz, you're a Multibillion dollar company. I've honestly seen private server run 10x smoother then this. With 1 guy running the show.

Fixed it !
06/09/2018 12:39Posted by Shammoz
According to the dev's tweet, you can contact support to retrieve your original weapon if you are unable to restore it using item restoration, which if you scrapped it rather than delete, would certainly be the case.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/status/1037536240688484353
[quote]Today, we hotfixed Khor, Hammer of the Guardian to iLvl 120, to signify it as a transmog item. You can undelete previously deleted weapons using self-help service here: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/467/solution … If that's on cooldown, contact Blizzard Customer Support: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/197/466/solution

Thank you, but it shouldn't have been necessary to begin with. They should've just made a new copy of that weapon to put in the loot tables and let people keep the bloody hammer as it was.
I don't get why they couldn't just admit their mistake and go with it. I think changing the weapon over night like they did was a pretty crappy thing to do to anybody that was lucky enough to loot it yesterday. I feel bad for you guys.
What a bunch of clowns. The more they release, the more the fukc up. It's incredible. 15 years soon and never have they released such a bucket of crap.
A big fat -100 for this company and I do hope Karma will do it's job on them soon.
I wasn't wrong to unsub and uninstall.
One might think Ion gets his ideas forced onto him by Trump himself.
Yup, just had my warforged hammer dropped from 360 to 130 iLvl. They just casually shaved it off and are only offering refunds of our old weapons and the mats or enchants we spent on the new one.

So we end up with a garbage transmog item, an enchant we can't use because we have no new weapon, and people even got a socketed one so some of us are out 4k-7k gold too.

Change it back, give us the actual weapon or remove this tmog trash that just clutters the already unforgiving loot system.

BfA has been a pretty fun expansion, don't get me wrong, but having this !@#$ sprung on me out of no where? The highlight of my raid reduced to literal garbage? There's no way any of this feels fair to the people it happened to.

This was your fault Blizzard, not ours, don't punish us for it. All we did was the raid.
Errors happen, but this has to be the worst way to handle this.

It's like they are flipping us the finger. Well you get one back from me.

Seriously considering if I want to keep paying for this service

Getting a new kick !@# weapon made me want to play and raid even more. Getting my loot taken away from me just made me not renew my subscription.
I was so excited when i looted this last night. My reaction when i found out the bull!@#$ move blizzard did is not PG-13. I mean its ridiculous! Instead of nerfing it, just let us keep it and fix the loot table for future kills on the boss. So much easier than pissing off everyone who looted it
I think they made the wrong decision here.
Sure it may have meant to be a cosmetic item only, but once you give it out as an actual weapon its a bit late for that.
People who had it drop as a functioning weapon should have got to keep it as a functioning weapon and it should have kept dropping as one.
They may have screwed up from their original intent but I do not see the harm in it being a real weapon at all.
This was (and still is) a bug, but our initial response to discovering the issue had unfair consequences for players who had innocently earned and equipped what appeared to be a great weapon. We’re going to revert the change and proceed with a new fix that only lowers the item level of new drops.

Once this fix is live, anyone who had earned the weapon before our original hotfix should find that it has been restored to its original glory. If you’ve since deleted the weapon after it changed, you can restore it via our CS tools or contact CS directly for assistance.