Flying, now

General
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
05/09/2018 07:34Posted by Sjwarrior
Flying for WHAT? Profession gathering is worthless, all the quest chains have been completed by 90% of the active playbase. You want to kill the last gasping breaths of a newly revived WPvP and for what?

F*** no.
Warmode is a fail anyway.

Sharding kills it.
01/09/2018 21:49Posted by Talgaros
There is a certain satisfaction exploring the new zones and quests on the ground indeed, but as far as I am concerned if you completed pathfinder 1 you should be allowed to fly, what's left to do anyway after the first part in the current zones? You've seen it all, you've done it all, why keep people from flying at that point? I'd be more welcomed to the idea of them just opening up flying in what is already there, and when they add a new area, restrict it in the new zone till you have done pathfinder part 2. There is literally no reason to keep it from people once you have completed pathfinder one, which on itself is already getting stale for me constantly doing the same world quests over and over again just to get that 4000 ish more rep for 1 or 2 factions.

You will need, like previously, to unlock the incoming "Path Finder: Part 2" in order to unlock Flying. Wait for it.
03/09/2018 06:03Posted by Edmunce
I hope flying is still a good 6 months away. I actually enjoy seeing people out and about in the world on ground level doing stuff, fighting over nodes and wq's, having massive wpvp fights. (props to the 40 man horde raids who came to boralus and gave us 20 minutes of epic fights)

Feel like all this will be gone when flying gets intruduced and ppl only touch the ground the do an objective or swoop down to kill easy prey from the safety of the sky.

To be honest, this is why I, even in zones I can fly in, decide to run on the ground everywhere. I like WPVP because it sucks the boredom out of questing as anything could happen.
However, I like knowing that I have the ability to fly when I don't feel like spending 20 minutes running around a god damn mountain to get to a spot literally 20 meters away.

This game has two primary ways of wasting your time and artificially extending progress:

- Time gated content
- Obnoxious map paths (fck you Highmountain)
bump
Be a Rogue.
Take Outlaw spec.
Use Grappling Hook.
Done.
Yay!
01/09/2018 21:41Posted by Karrak
Not needed, make use of your flightmasters whistle. It goes fast enough already once you have unlocked all flightpaths and bases on kul tiras.

There are many things in this game that are not needed, and yet we have them (transmog, vendor/AH/transmog mounts, water-walking mounts, and a long etc.). “Necessity” of a certain feature is not a valid criterion to determine the time period we have to wait until receiving said certain feature.
i don't think anyone else than the girls and the lore/RP nerds care about being slow as a turtle to the water.
01/09/2018 21:49Posted by Isobey
The ground mounts will be sad if they see this post.

i find this funny as well all these people farming these ground mounts ..

and eventually they wont ever need to use them lol so much time wasted on their part lol.
No

/10char
12/11/2018 13:56Posted by Uvireath
No

/10char
Ok keep using your ground mount in old zones. :)
Yeah I'm sick for waiting unlock flying.

I hate ground mount. It's so annyoing
01/09/2018 21:46Posted by Redeyes
01/09/2018 21:41Posted by Karrak
Not needed, make use of your flightmasters whistle. It goes fast enough already once you have unlocked all flightpaths and bases on kul tiras.

A level 120 orc with zero Achies
im convinced blizzard has his trolls on forums countering arguments

You for real?
Limiting flying is one of the only things Blizzard did right in BFA. It turns the world into an AFK-friendly loot aquarium.

If a change is needed, its to limit it even further,
or, if you really want to implant flying and make it good - to make flying feel real and dangerous (airborne foes, violent winds that can crash you to the rocks, etc), rather then an AFK spot for the entitled ones.
12/11/2018 14:16Posted by Amnastaria
Limiting flying is one of the only things Blizzard did right in BFA. It turns the world into an AFK-friendly loot aquarium.

If a change is needed, its to limit it even further,
or, if you really want to implant flying and make it good - to make flying feel real and dangerous (airborne foes, violent winds that can crash you to the rocks, etc), rather then an AFK spot for the entitled ones.
No. Why can't we just keep flying like it always has been? There's nothing wrong with it. It was only a "problem" since MoP. I didn't see people asking for flying restrictions before. Now blizzard adds it people jump on the blizzard defence team even though they'd use flying mounts the moment it goes live.
When it comes live, nearly anyone would use a flying mount, because they have to compete flyers In getting to resources and mobs, gathering mats and so one.

Blizzard made a mistake by "flying to all" in Cata and MoP - in tbc and wotlk, at least, it had some justification in the form of zones only reachable by flying. Then they understood what they had done and corrected it in WoD.

And I've seen many people saying so.

And jumping to Blizzard's defense? me? look at my posts. 90% of them are very criticizing at Blizzard. But as negative to Blizzard as I am - when they * are * doing something right, I'll admit it and praise them for that.
12/11/2018 14:36Posted by Amnastaria
When it comes live, nearly anyone would use a flying mount, because they have to compete flyers In getting to resources and mobs, gathering mats and so one.

Sooo you are saying they are sacrificing their 'immersion' and 'fun' from being crippled for the convenience of reaching their goal faster and not being left behind.

huh, guess it must not be so fun to cripple around on a ground mount afterall.
You mix the angle of a player and the viewing angle of a game designer or dungeon master planning content and trying not to make it too trivial and easy.
Anyway, most people will sacrifice their immersion to compete other players, at least after few times they will work to make way fighting mobs to a rare resource, just to see it snatched by a flyer. Yes.

MMO isn't a single player. Want it or not, you are effected by other players and their choices.

Anyway, since my sub runs out much before flying will be here, I won't be having that dilemma. It's still doesn't change the fact that as much as I'm angry and frustrated with Blizzard about other topics - they were still write with their pathfinder decision.
I miss the days of actually exploring this world and not afk flying to places. Personally flying ruined that aspect of this game and it will never come back because people like OP want things as easy as possible.
12/11/2018 14:59Posted by Sunnysíde
I miss the days of actually exploring this world and not afk flying to places. Personally flying ruined that aspect of this game and it will never come back because people like OP want things as easy as possible.

It's not exploring once you've spent 50+ hours in every zone. Feel free to continue exploring though nobody is stopping you.

Personally I'm fine with 2 months of ground mount then I get bored and just want to fly.
Flying should've been available to purchase from flying trainer at max level. If not that and they really want to push that pathfinder nonsense, then at least they should've allowed it 3 months into the expansion instead of grounding players for this long.