Unintended Character Progress

General
Recently, many players brought an alleged exploit to our attention. These reports purported a method involving manipulating raid status in order to repeatedly gain reputation and other rewards from World Quests. We quickly investigated and found no truth to these claims. However, in the course of that investigation, we uncovered a different exploit that could have a similar effect.

The actual bug could cause characters to get into a state where they could complete World Quests repeatedly, receiving full rewards each time.

After fixing the bug, we felt it necessary to take action against a very small number of players who used it extensively to their advantage. One of our core values is ‘Play Nice; Play Fair’, and we take seriously the responsibility to maintain a level playing field for all players. No one wants to see a player use an obviously unintended shortcut to progress far beyond all other players.

You'll find the Blizzard End User License Agreement here for reference.
04/09/2018 18:29Posted by Aerythlea
Recently, many players brought an alleged exploit to our attention. These reports purported a method involving manipulating raid status in order to repeatedly gain reputation and other rewards from World Quests. We quickly investigated and found no truth to these claims. However, in the course of that investigation, we uncovered a different exploit that could have a similar effect.

The actual bug could cause characters to get into a state where they could complete World Quests repeatedly, receiving full rewards each time.

After fixing the bug, we felt it necessary to take action against a very small number of players who used it extensively to their advantage. One of our core values is ‘Play Nice; Play Fair’, and we take seriously the responsibility to maintain a level playing field for all players. No one wants to see a player use an obviously unintended shortcut to progress far beyond all other players.

You'll find the Blizzard End User License Agreement [url="https://www.blizzard.com/en-gb/legal/fba4d00f-c7e4-4883-b8b9-1b4500a402ea/blizzard-end-user-license-agreement"]here[/url] for reference.

Ban em all :)
Well this bug is still active, after killing World Boss I can repeat this again. I am able to repeat this world quest too. Ofc I am not doing this but it this bug still exists many players may expolit even at this moment.
Lol at core values. Nice try.
did you perma ban their IP address? if not whats the point?
Not only was the thread locked but also deleted of the guy who posted evidence against it? Or maybe history tab is not displaying correctly again, not sure. Furthermore, exploits are never good to abuse if they are real...

Edit: Nope my fault, I didn't look hard enough on the history tab, it is displaying it! (https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17622633626)

Glad that we are all able to admit when we do mistakes, including big companies :3

Wake me up when September ends
08/09/2018 07:00Posted by Retributor

my dude no perma ban, they're paying for the game monthly

One of our core values is ‘Play Nice; Play Fair’, and we take seriously the responsibility to maintain a level playing field for all players. No one wants to see a player use an obviously unintended shortcut to progress far beyond all other players.

[/quote] You got to be kidding.... you people dont even live up to that rule ...... what a effing joke you people are.
09/09/2018 14:36Posted by Thehellestdk
08/09/2018 07:00Posted by Retributor

That's not a good idea, anyway. IP blocking has the potential to affect players who use VPNs, who did not violate the EULA in any way. Account suspensions is the only effective measure without affecting other people.
13/09/2018 17:49Posted by Brutalexcess
09/09/2018 14:36Posted by Thehellestdk

That's not a good idea, anyway. IP blocking has the potential to affect players who use VPNs, who did not violate the EULA in any way. Account suspensions is the only effective measure without affecting other people.

Perma ban so they can buy the game again and add a new subscription.. Win! :D
Fixed the people that exploited honour yet?

Didn't think so. Such inconsistency. Thats not a trait you should aspire to.
12/09/2018 17:25Posted by Asatrus

One of our core values is ‘Play Nice; Play Fair’, and we take seriously the responsibility to maintain a level playing field for all players. No one wants to see a player use an obviously unintended shortcut to progress far beyond all other players.

You got to be kidding.... you people dont even live up to that rule ...... what a effing joke you people are.

I have to agree. Nerfing Warfronts to require 320 ilvl after the Horde were allowed to overindulge themselves in the gold rush of gear unimpeded so that the Alliance wouldn't be offered the same benefit was neither nice nor fair.

The cat was out of the bag, already. It should have been left as it was and instead had its scaling reduced.

Edit: I know this is about WQs but it had to be said, and I feel like Blizzard doesn't really care that they screwed over a bunch of people over something that was entirely their fault, and did absolutely nothing to compensate them for that screw-up.
So erhm .... Horde characters being able to kill and loot rares in Arathi whilst the alliance had control ?
And now they have control and alliance characters cannot do the same ?

Isn't that unintended character progress on the horde side ? Or is it "working as intended " ?
Wow what’s their priority to fix . Blizzard is so focused on nerfing gold drops, bugs completely ignorable by players like those they mentioned, instead of freaking start to !@#$ing balance the classes so you don’t need 3 people to kill a ducking priest or dmg of paladins and Demon hunters. They gave you three specs in one class , let’s say all three are dps , and one of them has highest dmg from al three and you simply see people only playing that spec . Like outlaw rogue and furry warrior . Get you %^- up and fix those things . Not everyone spends 20 hours a day playing wow . We all pay money for this *!@#
the pvp honor cheat is alive and well to this day players ask guildies if they can kill them to get thrir honor levels up faster blizz know this and do nothing they are cringeing cowards to let things like this continue
Perhaps if world quests gave meaningful rewards people wouldn't feel the need to exploit game-breaking bugs in order to get past reputation walls...

big if tru