100 exalted reps almost undoable

General
As someone with 100 exalted. It's not meant to be something easy. It's meant to be a grind. Also most of the older reps have either been nerfed or changed to make them alot easier.
10/09/2018 10:48Posted by Lswindrunner
I currently have 95 exalted reps on this girl.

2 of them are no longer available. (Possibly 3 if Brawler's Guild is included)

Which means that generally speaking, 93 (or even 92) are currently possible.

BfA (currently) has 6. Making a total of 99 (or 98)

Bloodsail Rep, if anyone is numb enough to do it, makes every other rep in the game seem a breeze. Making a total of exactly 100 (or maybe even just 99).

In other words, good luck to anyone wanting 100 reps w/o already having any of the now unavailable ones.

i heard talk of a naga related rep when they release the kul tirans allied race.
10/09/2018 12:23Posted by Eggs
10/09/2018 12:19Posted by Slugtrail
Which rep is that? emperor?

The black prince/leg cloak one, i didn't start it on my mage so its locked me out of the faster grinding methods.

Daft thing is i have a couple of removed reps on my hunter/druid, like the zg one. They need to make the achievement a tick system, so if you have the rep it ticks off in the achievement.

Ironic thing about this thread is when people asked for a tick awhile back, OP posted tough and everyone's not meant to have the achieve and well here we are.

Yeah, it still is 'tough' to all those who don't have all the reps on just 1 char.

When I looked yday at my count and realised it was only 95, and that I could only get to 101 max (or 102 with Bloodsail), it made me realise that virtually every possible rep is needed for this.

However if it is correct that my counter is wrong and that I should in fact, have 96 atm, then 100 is actually possible for everyone atm w/o Bloodsail or Zandalar/Shendralar, as long as they obtain exalted rep with every currently available rep.
Weird, if I count every rep here

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sporeggar/lswindrunner/reputation

I have only 91 instead of 95. Yet the only countable reps not showing @ exalted are the ones from BfA.

It seems the armory doesn't display all the actual reps.
10/09/2018 13:07Posted by Lswindrunner
Weird, if I count every rep here

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/sporeggar/lswindrunner/reputation

I have only 91 instead of 95. Yet the only countable reps not showing @ exalted are the ones from BfA.

It seems the armory doesn't display all the actual reps.

Your armory doesnt show Pandaren horde faction too. Also Alliance has one extra faction Wintersaber Trainers. So its a bit easier for Alliance.
10/09/2018 14:42Posted by Elaynne
Your armory doesnt show Pandaren horde faction too. Also Alliance has one extra faction Wintersaber Trainers. So its a bit easier for Alliance.
Horde has Tranquilien, so no, we're even at reps available.
Edit: Found my 'missing' faction.

Talon's Vengeance.
10/09/2018 11:40Posted by Osken
Progress towards this really needs to be account-wide.

I have 51 exalted reps on this priest which I don't play.

I feel forced to keep playing it each expansion when I really want to try other classes!

It won't make the achievement any easier if each rep only counts once towards the achievement, I don't see what the problem is?

This is exactly how I feel
Got my last 2 exalted today, at 101 exalted.

The horse sound like a metal horse when you summon it, tho, love my new flying "NOPE!" from the troll expedition reputation.

Title is "meh" at best, will keep using my "the insane" title, it just fit so perfect for all the stuff i have done XD!

Still, it made me think, what if someone where to get all the "end" achi for reputations, toys, mounts and pets, had a title like "Name, The No-Lifer" been offensive :P?
But yeah, had been nice if the reputation where kinda accound wide (or atleast a mix of pandaria bonus rep + legions rep tokens + tabards, so ppl can level it up faster, once thier main have hitted exalted atleast).

Also had been nice if transmorg rewards / tabards had been accound wide and not locked behind rep to be used, imagen if mount where locked behind rep!

Same with pets, you can buy pets at revered, cage em and suddenly it can bypass the rep for someone you give / sell it to.

But all in all, the rep grind for 100 exalted is insane, i can just imagen a PvE'er wanted it, then figure out the need AB / WSG rep to hit the goal :o (if they never got some of the removed reputation back in the days).

Edit, the rep grind is also kinda cruel in BFA tbh, you kinda need to do the rep grind on both a alliance and horde toon, if you want to unlock all the mounts and toys (for not talking about the allied race).
I'm on 87 reps on my main. Counts up all those in progress... and it's 100. Any new ones added will make it 100+ reps. I'll be at ninety reps by the end of the week.

Ravenholdt rep can be obtained with the mobs at Dabyrie's Farmstead. So far I'm still grinding to get to 12,000/12,000 honored. I'll see if the rep is still as it was (i.e. with the lock boxes) or whether these mobs give rep all the way to exalted.

Of the rest of the rep I have three at honored or lower.

I give Aldor vs Scryer and Steamwheedle vs Bloodsail Buccaneers as examples WHY having account wide rep is unrealistic. With account wide rep you might as well assume you can walk into the capital city of the opposite faction. Reputation is how your ONE character's standing is with a group of people. A death knight wouldn't be exalted the day they arrive in Stormwind or Orgrimmar after all. They're a former enemy who needs to earn the TRUST of those they now ally themselves...
10/09/2018 12:23Posted by Eggs
Daft thing is i have a couple of removed reps on my hunter/druid, like the zg one. They need to make the achievement a tick system, so if you have the rep it ticks off in the achievement.

Careful with such logic. Thinking like that around these forums will get you in trouble.
Do you count the newly enabled Centaur factions into this number of 100? Because I kinda think they did that to make up for the fact that Zandalar and Shen'dralar aren't available anymore.

(Though Black Prince and Wrynn's Vanguard say hi, I guess.)
I'm 83 Exalted of 101 Encountered; of those 101, there are 5 that I can't (Shen'dralar & Zandalar Tribe) &/or don't want to (Classic PvP Factions) get to Exalted, so I currently have 96 as a maximum - no 100 Exalted Achievement for me.
10/09/2018 18:23Posted by Ruinêth
Do you count the newly enabled Centaur factions into this number of 100?
Yes... well; they took me to 83, anyway.
10/09/2018 18:54Posted by Eighjan
I'm 83 Exalted of 101 Encountered; of those 101, there are 5 that I can't (Shen'dralar & Zandalar Tribe) &/or don't want to (Classic PvP Factions) get to Exalted, so I currently have 96 as a maximum - no 100 Exalted Achievement for me.
10/09/2018 18:23Posted by Ruinêth
Do you count the newly enabled Centaur factions into this number of 100?
Yes... well; they took me to 83, anyway.

I thought there was 103 with 2 unavailable? I'm on 97 with 6 factions left to get, but I do have the two removed ones.

So you'd be on 103, -2 (Shendralar/Zandalar), -3 (classic PvP rep), so your cap would be 98, not 96.
10/09/2018 15:56Posted by Lswindrunner
Edit: Found my 'missing' faction.

Talon's Vengeance.

Very hard to find people to kill these days. You can farm yourself, put an alt on the tower, alf-F4 out then relog your main quickly and kill the alt. Painful way to get the marks.
10/09/2018 18:01Posted by Shayrala
I give Aldor vs Scryer and Steamwheedle vs Bloodsail Buccaneers as examples WHY having account wide rep is unrealistic.
Oracle vs Frenzyheart, too...?
10/09/2018 18:59Posted by Subbie
I thought there was 103 with 2 unavailable? I'm on 97 with 6 factions left to get, but I do have the two removed ones.

So you'd be on 103, -2 (Shendralar/Zandalar), -3 (classic PvP rep), so your cap would be 98, not 96.
I don't know both of the two I haven't encountered, but Talon's Vengeance sounds like one of them - that would take me to 102/97.

EDIT:
Does the Statistics tab of Achievements include Account Wide Factions encountered? If not, then my Warrior has 4 more to add, making 106/101.
10/09/2018 10:48Posted by Lswindrunner
I currently have 95 exalted reps on this girl.

2 of them are no longer available. (Possibly 3 if Brawler's Guild is included)

Which means that generally speaking, 93 (or even 92) are currently possible.

BfA (currently) has 6. Making a total of 99 (or 98)

Bloodsail Rep, if anyone is numb enough to do it, makes every other rep in the game seem a breeze. Making a total of exactly 100 (or maybe even just 99).

In other words, good luck to anyone wanting 100 reps w/o already having any of the now unavailable ones.

Why would Bloodsail make anyone dumb to do.. You just kill booty bay guards for a couple of hours... easy..
10/09/2018 11:46Posted by Rhovanor
10/09/2018 11:40Posted by Osken
Progress towards this really needs to be account-wide.

But then someone could just cheese it by doing Horde & Alliance factions giving 62 straight off without the neutral factions.

If it worked like with mounts, this shouldn't be a problem.