Will Jaina become at long last a successful ruler?

Story
Honestly, I can't think of one more unsuccessful ruler than Jaina. She has ruled three different kingdoms - Theramore, Dalaran and now Kul Tiras. We all know what happened to Theramore - Jaina's peace efforts clouded her judgement and the city is in ruins. Then she was appointed as a ruler of Dalaran, and nobody listened to her. Khadgar disobeyed Jaina in Warlords of Draenor, and she lost a vote in Legion.

I wonder what will happen to Jaina in BFA. Now, as she's at the head of Kul Tiras, will she already find her place? Will people listen to her? Is she going to be more rational rather than naive or too aggressive?
Third times a charm :P

Maybe she wont !@#$ up with the experience of her past failures....maybe....probably not....
Yeah but a trackrecord of failure can also mean lots of experience.
If she survives this expansion, I'm pretty sure she'll either retire in Kul'Tiras like Thrall more or less did after cata, or dies in a future expansion, by sacrificing herself.
only if she wipes out the horde we are usually the cause of her failures anyway
07/09/2018 07:53Posted by Sepheris

* Jaina's trust in the Horde is usually the cause of her failures you mean to say :P.
Jaina stopped being a naive "I trust everyone!" girl long ago. She's become a slightly ruthless, but a logical person. I suppose she is here to stay, because she won't be betrayed by the Horde again, now that she will be blasting the Horde's faces instead of taking their hands.
If she destroys the Horde then sure. As this is an MMO and Horde players are likely to exist once this expansion ends the answer is no.
Jaina might become a half-competent leader but she'll never be successful for plot reasons.
07/09/2018 07:39Posted by Grodor
We all know what happened to Theramore - Jaina's peace efforts clouded her judgement and the city is in ruins.

Her judgement wasn't clouded at all. Once Garrosh made a promise, to conquer all of Kalimdor for the Horde, that was the red flag for Jaina that Garrosh would come for Theramore after the northern front had fallen, so she joined her forces with the Alliance and launched an invasion of Durotan and the Barrens, in a desperate effort to stop Garrosh's plan before they could truly be set in motion. That was a proactive decision, that would have resulted in success, had Garrosh not acted in a completely dishonorable way, by using a mana bomb to destroy Theramore. Everyone thought that Garrosh would play by the rules, since he had previously executed his subordinate for using a weapon of mass destruction on civilians... But here we are.

Let us not forget that Jaina personally oversaw the construction of the most powerful Alliance city in Kalimdor bar Darnassus. I'd say that that is impressive, for a 30-years-old, who only wanted to study the path of the arcane.

Then she was appointed as a ruler of Dalaran, and nobody listened to her.

The Council of Six is the ultimate authority in the Kirin Tor, and they did not defy the Purge of Dalaran, therefore we can indeed assume that the Council backed Jaina during the Purge.

As for Legion, Jaina lost the vote, but it was very close. Out of 6, 2 (including herself) voted for her idea. One more vote, and it would have been a tie. She was kind of right. What miserable help did the Horde give against the Legion? Certainly not an help that required Dalaran.

In any other instance, if the vote hadn't taken place right on the onset of Gul'dans world-wide invasion, Jaina would have won the vote.

I wonder what will happen to Jaina in BFA. Now, as she's at the head of Kul Tiras, will she already find her place? Will people listen to her? Is she going to be more rational rather than naive or too aggressive?

Her judgement will finally be pure and clear. For a decade, she had been haunted by the ghosts of the past, and tormented by the fact that her own mother and her people hated her now. But since, after being locked in Gorak Tul's realm, Jaina learned to forgive her mother, her father, and most importantly, herself, she is no longer clouded by doubt, fear and sorrow, and is ready to devote her energies completely to the war effort.

Jaina has Lady Proudmoore, the former Lord Admiral, Lady Waycrest, and Lord Stormsong, backing her, as well as notorious Kul Tiran figures such as Cyrus Crestfall, Taelia Fordragon and Brother Pike. Her regime is undisputed. The common folk has no say in the matter. They will accept her as their new leader, or Jaina will not stop slaughtering them until they do. There can be no civil war now, in such a delicate time. And now, with Gorak Tul, Azshara and Ashvane gone, Jaina can finally start focusing on the Horde. High Commander Wyrmbane is ready to strike at the ugly pyramid Dazar'alor, and will require Jaina's help if he is to succeed.
07/09/2018 09:39Posted by Halasibel
Jaina stopped being a naive "I trust everyone!" girl long ago. She's become a slightly ruthless, but a logical person. I suppose she is here to stay, because she won't be betrayed by the Horde again, now that she will be blasting the Horde's faces instead of taking their hands.

Well lets hope that is the case. Blizzard can always turn her into a doormat again.
07/09/2018 11:06Posted by Arctur
And now, with Gorak Tul, Azshara

I highly doubt that.
Jaina is a gutless wench, who has only ever failed everyone and anyone who ever showed her love. There can be no happy ending for such a garbage of a character.
Have you noticed that all of this bad stuff started happening to her after she decided not to roll with Arthas' plan? Big mistake.
Ye she should have convinced Arthas or even joined him. Placing bets now that something will make her snap again and she decides to go full insane and take over Scourge.

It is like poetry it rhymes.
Jaina and Sylvanas are mirrors of each other in this expansion: Two broken women with plenty of reasons of their own to hate and distrust their perceived enemies, both being an inch away from snapping. Both having severe family issues as well.

Then the similarities stop, and one of the women decides to say "f... it" and descend further into darkness while the other decides to make one last ditch effort to try and reconcile and redeem herself.

I'd say the odds for Jaina to become a successful ruler are fairly good. She's got the support of her family, the major Kul Tiran Houses (Waycrest, Stormsong), the Kul Tiran navy, and the Alliance. She's finally "home", in more than one sense.

Sylvanas, on the other hand, is slowly loosing her support.
Saurfang left, Baine and Lor'themar are growing increasingly distrustful and the Troll character (who's name I forgot) doesn't seem to like her either.
She's got the "support" of Gallywix, but he's the biggest windvane in the game.
Not a chance. After her fling with a Dragon she will be completely unsuitable for producing heirs. Especially at her age. The Proudmoore dynasty will crumble within a generation. We should have let Ashmane have the throne instead.

This is why Humans shouldn't breed with lesser races. Especially LARGE lesser races.
08/09/2018 01:25Posted by Sindrasa
Not a chance. After her fling with a Dragon she will be completely unsuitable for producing heirs. Especially at her age. The Proudmoore dynasty will crumble within a generation. We should have let Ashmane have the throne instead.

This is why Humans shouldn't breed with lesser races. Especially LARGE lesser races.

Who ever wrote that garbage of Jaina dating that blue dragon, holy !@#$. It's like a teen novel at this point
08/09/2018 01:25Posted by Sindrasa

"At her age"? She's like mid to late 30's.

As for Jaina's former affair with Kalecgos, I'll have to agree with the Orc above: That reeked of cringy teen-fan-fiction. Didn't know dragons turned humans infertile in the Warcraft-universe though :]

Pftt.... She her self is the cause of her failures because of her naive and stupid decisions she often makes.
08/09/2018 04:20Posted by Vannvina

Pftt.... She her self is the cause of her failures because of her naive and stupid decisions she often makes.

true she should have joined her father and butchered the horde like dogs and mounted thrall's head on a pike along with the half mongrel rexxar but then be no edgy horde posters and we can't have that
08/09/2018 09:39Posted by Sepheris
08/09/2018 04:20Posted by Vannvina

true she should have joined her father and butchered the horde like dogs and mounted thrall's head on a pike along with the half mongrel rexxar but then be no edgy horde posters and we can't have that

This is what you get when you show the Horde mercy, though.
You get laughed at for being naive, for wanting peace, to extend a hand in friendship. You get called a gutless wench, a weak leader, incompetent and she gets even blamed for all the things the Horde did to her.

But the moment someone like that snaps; she is the devil herself. She has no place to lead a country suddenly. She is evil incarnated. She is a psychopath, which is a fun thing to hear from a faction literally following a psychopath. Apperently; in the Horde's view, one is not allowed to extend the branch of peace, but woo those who try to fight them, for they are the Devil themself.

Heh. Double standards, because Thrall and Cairne wanting peace was all fine, Jaina wanting peace was the signs of a weak and incompetent leader. And everything that happened to her, is the result of her own doing.