BGs useless now?

Battlegrounds
So in BGs you have a shot at winning. IF you win, then its RNG shot at getting an item. Which is probably a blue.

In warfront you get 340 ilvl items all the time and it doesnt take much longer? Why do BGs? :l
for gear yes
I remember days where you would farm weeks for just 1 item from pvp.
Now i get +5 a day that i cant use.

When is classic again?
Bfa confirmed the expansion that made pvpers quit the game
10/09/2018 18:35Posted by Zyndrome
I remember days where you would farm weeks for just 1 item from pvp.
Now i get +5 a day that i cant use.

When is classic again?

Exactly this.
When you had to farm AV rep till exalted even if you were pve oriented, or farm DM:N for weeks for a pre-raid bis item, you valued quality drops more. And interestingly it was more fun, since you had to learn the game, and socialize instead of rushing through the content in few weeks then cancel subscription since there is nothing else left to do.
Are you folks even reading the news?

Random BGs are just that, random bgs. There are not suppossed to give items, since there are not hard to do.

Besides that you can get epics from random bgs. The item level is adjusted to your ilvl.

If you want to get good gear via pvp you have actually to do the rated stuff. There are enough posts how to get rewards. Google is your friend.
10/09/2018 19:12Posted by Blacklock

If they did not already quit in WoD that is
Miss the good old days back in classic and into Wotlk. used to have fun doing pvp. even though the lack of maps where a little annoying. but it was somehow more fun than its current State now
11/09/2018 17:09Posted by Shwosh
10/09/2018 19:12Posted by Blacklock

If they did not already quit in WoD that is

WoD was decent in PvP gearing.
Wod was the last good expansion for pvp. I used to have multiple classes all honor geared now i will only do my main. All i want is a real vendor back no more rng.

I always knew if i lost, that pittance of honor i got was that bit closer to getting a piece of gear i needed not some duplicate so it didn't feel so bad.

yeah it sucked joining late season and everyone been geared, just add some honor multiplier for those people who join late or something.

I pretty much stayed subbed all through wod, when legion happened and it was more efficient to do pve it burnt me out doing things i didn't want to do, to do what i wanted.
Gear from non-rated PvP can warforge and titanforge up to 350 (if your ilvl ranges from 325-330).
11/09/2018 16:32Posted by Tàruk

Random BGs are just that, random bgs. There are not suppossed to give items, since there are not hard to do.

Besides that you can get epics from random bgs. The item level is adjusted to your ilvl.

If you want to get good gear via pvp you have actually to do the rated stuff. There are enough posts how to get rewards. Google is your friend.

and u sir didnt even read the first post.

he is comparing warfronts with random bgs.
Warfronts are 100% a win and 340 item as Reward, while random BGs are totaly useless if u compare those 2.
14/09/2018 08:15Posted by Jinchiro

and u sir didnt even read the first post.

he is comparing warfronts with random bgs.
Warfronts are 100% a win and 340 item as Reward, while random BGs are totaly useless if u compare those 2.

So the question is... Why do pvp when you can get gear doing pve? :D
I don’t play them beyond the first win now. To be fair I didn’t really play them in Legion once I’d unlocked all the honor talents but up until that point I’d queue more regularly to farm honor. When conquest points was a thing back in WoD I’d always queue up to work towards the weekly cap. There’s no !@#$ing chance I’m queuing up for a measly 8 conquest points.

They are still harder to do the heroic dungeons which is still better source of gear overall and it shouldn't be.
Its just the idiotic random loot system which is probably gonna kill this game.

In the old days u just farmed honor and bought the gear u liked at a vendor.

No frustration no nothing.
14/09/2018 20:08Posted by Rojbin
Its just the idiotic random loot system which is probably gonna kill this game.

In the old days u just farmed honor and bought the gear u liked at a vendor.

No frustration no nothing.

Exactly. I think they just don't want to let us farm our own phase and want to force us in to their fixed progression so they know exactly how long is it going take us to get our gear.
Thats the real reason we don't have a vendor anymore. Ion can talk bull all day long if he wants but the real reason is to artificially prolong our proggression.

The funy thing is me personally i would be farming actually slower then now because i wouldn't feel pressured to fill the weekly bar. But this way i cant say how long i'm going to keep up before i get sick of it.