Soo, where's the content?

General
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
Where is the content? Have you leveled up your fishing already? Huh?
Content will come on live. We are beta testing at the moment.
07/09/2018 23:23Posted by Kurosu
Level alt and see other faction story
Unlock allied races
WQs
BGs/RBGs
Arena
PvP brawl
Weekly world event
Uldir
Dungeons
M+
Warfronts
Expeditions
Pet Battles
Legacy content
Duelers' Guild
Farming (gold/mounts/pets/toys)
War Campaign & table

Seriously, what the hell more do you people want? Name it. So far everyone whines about lack of content and can't suggest content to add.

allied races and WQ = and the same. Seperating pvp to 3 different categoies doenst increase its content its pvp,you are either into it or not,and class balance is a joke at the moment.Weekly world event is already existing content. Uldir is content you have to do with your guild. Both it and dungeons are meaningless the moment the mobs scale up with your gear. Warfronts ? I am waiting since weds and even when you can enter it its 100% win so the fun is non existent.
Expeditions ? Wont even comment on that. Pet battles? I have pokemon on my phone if i want to. Legacy content ? You buy an expansion for new content not to play what you already own.War campaign can be done within 1-2 hours and there is no point in doing it on alts.

So basically...just farming.Yey

So the only reason you raid and do dungeons is to gear up so you can slap your e-peen on world mobs? What about enjoying the challenge of beating hard content together with a group of like-minded people? That's why I do it. Sure, gear is nice but the primary feeling I get when a good piece drops is "Yay, now I can do the next challenge!". Although it also sure feels good to see your numbers improve on the meters with more gear.

Besides that, you gain dps much faster than worls mobs gain health (and that's the only way they scale, they don't gain damage), so you'll still blitz through them anyway, just have to press a few more buttons.
i have so fun atm, loads of things to do, leveling my alt, world quests, pvp, m+, ganking, war mode ftw.

have not had this fun in game since mop. love the allied races.
Island Expeditions
Warfronts

That's your content. The rest is copied from Legion. If you've already done that to death in Legion and are bored of it, well bad news for you, there isn't any other content. And if you happen to be Horde this week, well hope you absolutely LOVE Island Expeditions because that's the only content you get for now.
08/09/2018 00:18Posted by Dornisus
Island Expeditions
Warfronts

That's your content. The rest is copied from Legion. If you've already done that to death in Legion and are bored of it, well bad news for you, there isn't any other content. And if you happen to be Horde this week, well hope you absolutely LOVE Island Expeditions because that's the only content you get for now.

With your logic, nothing qualifies as content as its "copied from the previous expansion". New raids, dungeons or BGs aren't content in your opinion.

From a design viewpoint, do you have any idea how much you're asking for? You're demanding constant new unique features while completely discarding established ones people enjoy and keep receiving new stuff.
07/09/2018 23:17Posted by Dalanna
Level alt and see other faction story
Most players expect to be able to play their main less than a month into a new expansion.
Unlock allied races
Done, but I still wanna play my main.
WQs / Emissaries
A lot of players don't get meaningful rewards for these anymore. Now it's just repgrind to exalted. A chore.
BGs/RBGs
True, but that is always available.
Arena
Always available. Also, not much has happened since Legion.
PvP brawl
Ok. Not new content though.
Weekly world event & timewalking
Old.
Uldir
True.
Dungeons
Not worth it once you've seen them. WQs scale faster.
M+
True.
Warfronts
Done in 20 mins. Horde at 60%. Just waiting for content.
Expeditions
Pointless AP grind nullified by catch up AK. No rewards once you hit exalted after 3 weeks.
Pet Battles
Old content. Nothing interesting for pet battlers.
Legacy content
Old content.
Duelers' Guild
Takes 20-30 min to get into a duel. Can't go too far else you'll be removed.
Farming (gold/mounts/pets/toys)
Yay farming!
War Campaign & table
Should be done a day or two after dinging 120.

Seriously, what the hell more do you people want? Name it. So far everyone whines about lack of content and can't suggest content to add.

I want content. I want stories.
I posted this in a thread about the Raid being "meh" and someone did said the last part in my below post :

First week - Calm down people! Is just the first week of BfA!

Second Week - Are you serious? We are into 2 weeks , CALM DOWN!!

Three Weeks - Bunch of QQ-ers! We aren't even a month into expansion and you are crying about content? It will come!!

Content - It's the first freaking day of the Content. Calm the heck down!!
08/09/2018 00:41Posted by Dalanna
With your logic, nothing qualifies as content as its "copied from the previous expansion". New raids, dungeons or BGs aren't content in your opinion.

From a design viewpoint, do you have any idea how much you're asking for? You're demanding constant new unique features while completely discarding established ones people enjoy and keep receiving new stuff.

Thing is, the raids are new. New bosses, new mechanics. Look at Ragnaros from Vanilla up against Ragnaros in Firelands raid, same boss but vastly different. The raids, the dungeons, all of that is new per expansion, sort of expected really. And that's the point here, every expansion up until now have had some new features that you could sink your teeth in.

Except BfA. There isn't anything new. Island expeditions is poorly designed and lacks incentives to do it, and warfronts is heavily timegated and only open for one faction at a time. We're not demanding anything other than the same level of quality we've expected from Blizzard since their first expansion.

Is it all of a sudden too much for them to produce the same level of content they've done every expansion? Look at the amount of new content in Legion, compared to the amount of new content in BfA. That's the issue, WQ, azerite, follower missions, it's all lifted from previous expansion, and unlike dungeons and raids, they've not done anything to alter, improve or in any way make them stand a bit different than what we have already done. Just a blatant copy over to BfA. That's just lazy development really.
I can't believe how many anti-Capitalists still play WoW... well; I say play, more like continue to feed the Capitalist coffers, but only do so to post on the Forums.
From reading the posts, the content is not the problem, it's the whining minority.

I see people claim it's boring and not content because you aren't rewarded or because you have done it before.

How do you people get through life without dying from boredom? You don't expect to wake up on a new and different tropical island everyday. But somehow you require something new and different everyday in an mmo. An mmo is a game that gives you the tools to create your own fun outside the content that is allready there. Maybe you should learn to appriciate things a bit more and have a more creative attitude?
08/09/2018 01:24Posted by Mussy
From reading the posts, the content is not the problem, it's the whining minority.

I see people claim it's boring and not content because you aren't rewarded or because you have done it before.

How do you people get through life without dying from boredom? You don't expect to wake up on a new and different tropical island everyday. But somehow you require something new and different everyday in an mmo. An mmo is a game that gives you the tools to create your own fun outside the content that is allready there. Maybe you should learn to appriciate things a bit more and have a more creative attitude?

Hyperbole much? Has anyone ever said anything about expecting something new every day? Good luck finding that one my friend, take your time, you'll need it if you're to dig up evidence for that.

This isn't real life, it's a game, we play games to escape the mundane of reality for a brief moment. I do the same with books and films, particularly fond of Stephen King. I recently bought a Stephen King book, it's called "Finders keepers" and it's a follow-up to "Mr Mercedes". Would it be acceptable for you to buy "Finders Keepers", only to realise that 80% of the book is copied from "Mr Mercedes"?

In any other relation, if you buy a product that's copying a majority of things from its previous instalment, you naturally get angry. So naturally when 80% of BfA is copied from Legion, people get angry.

Also, in terms of tools; What tools? There are no tools, you're not allowed to do anything that isn't defined by the developers. Blizzard has taken all the tools we had away, so we can't decide for ourselves what to do. If it isn't approved by Blizzard, we can't do it. It's like a product developed by Apple.
07/09/2018 22:36Posted by Calydor
07/09/2018 22:28Posted by Johnnymage
lol only one guild killed ghuun hc and you start to say nothing to do ahah casuals...

Allow me to rephrase on behalf of the OP:

Nothing to do that I find entertaining.

I have never found the game's raids all that entertaining as I'm sure my raid history will show, and so ... yes, I'm gonna say there's not a whole lot for ME to do in this expansion. Seeing as I pay exactly the same amount of money as a mythic raider in Method does, that may be something Blizzard should consider.

In respect to raids i feel the same thing and besides i respect who enjoys it, i tend to stay away from raiding, even from LFG, boring stuff.
But, pvp man? Did u already give it a try this expansion? For me represents the core reason to play and im feeling very engaged doing it, despite still played only a few hours of bgs.

MMO means pvp, at least in my vocabulary and im feeling that blizz is forcing the progression around pve and as a result ofc paying for it in this early stages of each expac, because produce massive pve content that can grab from casuals to hard cores, during 2 years, represents a lot of work and money. I guess warfonts/island expeditions had the potential to mantain certain "bored" critics away, with massive fun pvp content at wintergrasp style and with always up to date rewards.

For me it is ok, besides the "anti-fun" GCD mechanic i can still stay 2/3h doing normal/rated bgs, (not tried arenas yet), without getting bored and with that magic feeling that makes the clock spin without notice it.
Maybe you should learn to appriciate things a bit more and have a more creative attitude?
"The impossible can be done while you wait - miracles take a little longer...!"
IS YOUR HEART OF AZEROTH MAXED YET? I DONT THINK SO, CONTENT RIGHT THERE BRO! ENJOY IT!
08/09/2018 01:43Posted by Dornisus

Hyperbole much? Has anyone ever said anything about expecting something new every day? Good luck finding that one my friend, take your time, you'll need it if you're to dig up evidence for that.

This isn't real life, it's a game, we play games to escape the mundane of reality for a brief moment. I do the same with books and films, particularly fond of Stephen King. I recently bought a Stephen King book, it's called "Finders keepers" and it's a follow-up to "Mr Mercedes". Would it be acceptable for you to buy "Finders Keepers", only to realise that 80% of the book is copied from "Mr Mercedes"?

In any other relation, if you buy a product that's copying a majority of things from its previous instalment, you naturally get angry. So naturally when 80% of BfA is copied from Legion, people get angry.

Also, in terms of tools; What tools? There are no tools, you're not allowed to do anything that isn't defined by the developers. Blizzard has taken all the tools we had away, so we can't decide for ourselves what to do. If it isn't approved by Blizzard, we can't do it. It's like a product developed by Apple.

How is this expansion different from any previous expansion? We have always had some type of grind, whether it be in the form of daily quests or wearing a tabard to grind rep, rep was never given to us.

We have always had quests to complete, this has never changed. We have always had dungeons and raids to complete. The content is there, it is just not in the form you want it to be in.

The game is not an open ended choose your adventure type of story. It as you said a closed environment that is developed by Blizzard. If you want a sandbox type game, hit Minecraft, you can build your heart's content out.
07/09/2018 22:28Posted by Johnnymage
lol only one guild killed ghuun hc and you start to say nothing to do ahah casuals...

Yeah, if for you 1 actually means 28.
https://raider.io/uldir/progress-rankings/8/world/heroic#content
Yeah man BFA has no content for casual like u..
07/09/2018 22:36Posted by Calydor

I have never found the game's raids all that entertaining as I'm sure my raid history will show, and so ... yes, I'm gonna say there's not a whole lot for ME to do in this expansion. Seeing as I pay exactly the same amount of money as a mythic raider in Method does, that may be something Blizzard should consider.

Considering that 90% of the content that you liked, basically everything non mythic is a chore for those Method raiders. I would say are getting the better deal for your money, even when you rather die than raid.

You are getting the same package as those guys. If the package appeals to you and for how long it does appeal to you ... that's up to you. And by all means if you are bored already, play something else, my back catalog is so long ... I am literally looking forward to not playing WoW. Maybe even more than I am looking forward to play interesting content in WoW.
07/09/2018 23:32Posted by Amorzo
Content will come on live. We are beta testing at the moment.
Mythic Uldir?