Can we add proving grounds back as a requirement to do HC

General
The amount of people I've seen that can't do even basic things like interrupt is staggering, i love that things are dangerous in HC when at the right gear level and not just when it high M+ but there needs to be some vetting.
I just wonder why you script killer dont ask ppl to show off 3 simple achievement from aszhara.

Trial of fire: Shows you the player know how not to stand in fire.
Trial of shadow: Shows you the player know how mobs acts.
Trial of frost: Shows you the player is able to avoid moving stuff.

3 things i am sure is really importent in PvE :D.

But what do i know, i'm just a LFR raider!
No
No thanks. It was annoying having to repeat in on every alt in WoD.
I remember how much people cried about it in WoD.

...It would be worth bringing back just to see that again.
Dunno about hcs but on mythic + they should implement having done the dungeon on hc and mythic first.I just did a temple +3 run where people didnt know they had to kill totems on same time or the tranfustion-blood mechanic and spent like 5 minutes on each boss.That shis is heroic mechanics ffs.....
No comment about interrupts.
And what makes you think that making people jump through a hoop will somehow make them the best players ever?

Does making everyone sit a driving test make them the safest drivers on the road?

Answers on a postcard to your car insurance provider.

The vast majority of people I saw ran proving grounds for one reason. So they could stand and e-preen about having completed gold or earned the achievement for completing tank silver as a healer. When it came to running dungeons they carried on as normal hoping their dps would carry them.

Cata however... Well until everyone complained "too hard... nerf it... nerf it..."
bad idea, let people enjoy heroic, and go do actual hard content like mythic+10 if you want hard content.
09/09/2018 06:49Posted by Souldefíler
And what makes you think that making people jump through a hoop will somehow make them the best players ever?

Does making everyone sit a driving test make them the safest drivers on the road?

[/quote]

No but giving the wheel to a guy that never touched a car in his life is 100% bound to result in an accident or a crash.

Grats you played yourself with that argument
Great idea, people have no clue how to play their boosted chars. This is a serious problem.
09/09/2018 07:16Posted by Moontear
Great idea, people have no clue how to play their boosted chars. This is a serious problem.

That's not the issue. The issue is people not understanding the fundamentals of the game, and not realising that dungeons aren't all tank n spank. The "pre-event" thing you do with a boosted character teachs you your rotation and basic abilities...

It doesn't teach you the importance of interupting spells or moving away from your allies when you've got a big black circle around you.
09/09/2018 07:26Posted by Miylee

It doesn't teach you the importance of interupting spells or moving away from your allies when you've got a big black circle around you.

All of this should be done whilst leveling your character. Proving grounds proved well, nothing. They where merely an annoyance and as someone pointed out, just an e-peen exercise for the more moronic amongst the player base.

If players pug mythic or mythic+, then chances are at some point they are going to come across some complete muppets. Why not add players who play well to their friends list, via realID and group up with them again ? All too often players finish a 5 man and either just type "tyvm for the run" and leave or just leave party in a rush to find the next pug.

All the tools are provided by Blizzard for players to actually communicate with each other, realID, chat channels, voice comms (although I haven't use their own voice chat thing so don't know how good it is). Alternatively, Discord is free and very easy to set up a channel for people to use.

That's not the issue. The issue is people not understanding the fundamentals of the game, and not realising that dungeons aren't all tank n spank. The "pre-event" thing you do with a boosted character teachs you your rotation and basic abilities...

There are many issues, not just one.

For boosts: here's a thread just today from a poor newbie who was tempted to boost. We get them on Newcomer forum. https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17623732296 He just about made it to 111, dying a lot, and is asking for help. He has the sense to ask for help. Most don't.

The training scenario with the boost ... it does nothing. I just did one. You need to use 5 spells, one by one. The others are locked. It's just like the "hit a training dummy" quest you get at level 3.

Proving Grounds Silver, on the other hand, does "teach you your rotation and basic abilities", or at least tests that you know them. And, btw, you won't get through it if you don't interrupt the healer and avoid the sticky balls.

PG is not balanced to classes and specs. That's a valid criticism. But PG is easier than HCs. Anyone who can't clear PG at Silver level in any spec is going to have a bad time in a Heroic until they're way overgeared.

However, I think many more problems in dungeons are caused by not knowing mechanics specific to the dungeon, especially trash mechanics. Which mob in the pack to kill first? Which spell needs to be interrupted? And nothing teaches that except repeated running of the same dungeon.

Long time no see miyleeeeeeeeee
No thank you, unless it is an account wide unlock. I had to spend ages in Proving Grounds because the game didn't care that I had already done it with that class and spec before. And tbh having Proving Grounds didn't really make players better, they got through the trial and then went back to their old ways of standing in bad stuff, not using defensive cds, not interrupting, ignoring boss mechanics and so on. Yes there were people who couldn't pass the trials, but were the trials really a test of how you play in a group (for dps)? Nope, they were a test of how well you can solo things.
09/09/2018 03:15Posted by Nicoyazawa
The amount of people I've seen that can't do even basic things like interrupt is staggering, i love that things are dangerous in HC when at the right gear level and not just when it high M+ but there needs to be some vetting.

i would vote ... no.

hc dungeons are perfect place for people to learn how to play .

with the current tuning of mythic 0 if you are experinced good player just go straight into mythic. and leave hc for casual playerbase.
09/09/2018 06:49Posted by Souldefíler

It won't, but it'll stop the vegetables being able to queue up and make 4 other player's life a misery.
This is not just tied to HC, you will find people that behave like that in mythic +, HC raid and ever mythics raid
this game is full of stonners that refuse at any cost to think
09/09/2018 09:09Posted by Lilîith
09/09/2018 03:15Posted by Nicoyazawa

i would vote ... no.

hc dungeons are perfect place for people to learn how to play .

with the current tuning of mythic 0 if you are experinced good player just go straight into mythic. and leave hc for casual playerbase.

Do you think they want to learn?

Been tanking heroics all day yesterday. I called out for interrupt, no ninja, used target skull for mobs. You think that changed much?

No.

People have no idea what stutter step is, what interrupts are, what kiting is, stunning, slowing. I had a BM hunter dying from his azerite monster following him on 2nd boss in Motherload. Like .... wtf? Kite it. Don't melee it.
I don't even start on even more complex stuff like knowing you can MD on tank. SInce BfA started I met only 2 hunters MD my pally. 2 out of.... 30 maybe?

And they don't want to learn. You can explain them, you can call out, target mobs, you will just hit a dead wall and silence.

Edit: Remembered another. Those 2 mindbender trash adds before last boss in Shrine. I spent 5 min there, not interrupting anything myself just to see if someone bothers. 5 min !!! Nobody interrupted and they were all raging in chat how game is bugged and mobs are crazy for healing. Rare sight to see.
09/09/2018 09:16Posted by Adelphine
this game is full of stonners that refuse at any cost to think

What's wrong with being a stoner?