Do you like your spec in BFA?

General
07/09/2018 16:21Posted by Jamíé
It seems most of us have the same issue; we just can't find a spec we like.
So are we the problem or has playing become more of a chore than ever?

And +1 for disco being a bad experience in raiding, Uldir was a nightmare/way too much effort.

Honestly, WoW's class design has always been lame but it didn't stand out as much because there were things to do and game was overall in a better shape. Think about all the cool classes you see in other RPG or MMO games. WoW's class design is seriously bland compared to other games.
Not really - hard casting ranged have been gimped hard. High mobility fights and long hard cast abilities doing less damage than they should.

Melee having a much better time at the moment. May all change with higher gear levels later on.
PvE Demo/Destro far behind aff in Raid, results in playing the spec I dont enjoy for better progression. 3 Min Darkglare sucks since 3 min cds are just disgusting especially when you have to delay 2 min cds to line it up. Very strong cd tho but would rather take a nerf and have it on 2 min.
M+ Destro good on trash but bad on bosses, Aff good on bosses and non existent on trash, Demo is non existent on everything.

PvP enjoying myself being the punching bag for everyone and flopping instantly. Dps quite high but dots easily outhealed by most healers. Picked Warlock because I liked the "tanky" part of the class now i am squishier than a mage with crap mobility. Feels very slow to play generally.

Worldquesting as a lock is awful compared to most other classes.

Transmog gear 10/10.

Definitely enjoying it.
A lot.
Very satisfying.
No. Hopped on my mage.
Prot Warrior main and I can say for the first time, Hunter Pets are a better tank than us.
Hunter: Surv is fun but missing 'something', BM is the same mindless spec it's always been, MM is broken beyond all recognition

Warlock: lol
I played Shadow up until the last day of Legion...

/cry

On the other hand since I've been forced to go disc I can say that disc priests are better now than in legion so there's that.
I find it hard to complain about Frost Mage, when I look around at the general unhappiness and realise that I'm much better off then most.

But it's not a patch - not a microbe on a pimple on a patch - of what it was in Mists.

I used to kill mobs just for the fun of killing them. Kiting packs around knowing that as a clothie I would fold up like a paper bag if they got to me. Now there's no variation, not enough ways to play; it's formulaic. I just kill what I need and avoid the rest.

Also, the GCD change and the Haste drought need to go Die In A Fire.
I still like Disco.
Brewmaster is a shadow of its former self. In legion we had 2 legendaries that completely changed up your rotation and the arfticat ability was a fun cd.

It all feels very barebones now. The azerite traits feel like they do nothing.
No. But I haven't liked class design since WoD. It started on the downhill slope in Legion.
I can't stand any of the specs anymore.
Ret is pretty good offensively and defensively in both pvp and pve, but it's not fun by any means. Paladins got fu**ed over in Cataclysm when Blizzard made them plate wearing rogues without stealth (combo points).

The only specs I have truly enjoyed was:
- Retribution Paladin in Vanilla, TBC and WotLK
- Elemental and 2h Enhancement Shaman in WotLK
- All DK specs in WotLK, and 2h Frost in 6.0.3 (that sweet sweet conversion healing)

So now I'm just waiting for Classic to come out so I can finally enjoy the game again.

inb4 >Liking vanilla ret
It's better than it was in legion so I can deal with it
07/09/2018 17:20Posted by Hyunlei
It started on the downhill slope in Legion.

In WoD for many specs. Some didn't have their major amputations until Legion, though.
Loving my disc priest.
No complaints from me.
Retribution was already very bare bones so I honestly believe it's improved. You no longer have to worry about the judgement window which is a relief since every global weighed so heavy in that iteration of the spec. That being said the only way they could make ret any more bare bones is if they reverted it back to its vanilla days where it was based around auto-attack and seals.
07/09/2018 16:55Posted by Whicked
PvE Demo/Destro far behind aff in Raid, results in playing the spec I dont enjoy for better progression. 3 Min Darkglare sucks since 3 min cds are just disgusting especially when you have to delay 2 min cds to line it up. Very strong cd tho but would rather take a nerf and have it on 2 min.
M+ Destro good on trash but bad on bosses, Aff good on bosses and non existent on trash, Demo is non existent on everything.

PvP enjoying myself being the punching bag for everyone and flopping instantly. Dps quite high but dots easily outhealed by most healers. Picked Warlock because I liked the "tanky" part of the class now i am squishier than a mage with crap mobility. Feels very slow to play generally.

Worldquesting as a lock is awful compared to most other classes.

Transmog gear 10/10.

Definitely enjoying it.
A lot.
Very satisfying.

Just what we need another dingbat giving us a bad name its hard enough without people like you...
07/09/2018 16:08Posted by Zuljiren
07/09/2018 16:05Posted by Redoctober
Mostly yes. It's really fun in arenas, battlegrounds and dungeons. I don't like raiding with it at all, it feels tedious, forced and boring in raids, same problem as in Legion.

How would you rework Shadow?

That's another spec that is in dire need of going back to MoP design in my view.

I play disc, never liked wizards. But the only times ever I was attracted by shadow were in TBC and in WOD so far. The Legion version I didn't like that much, but again that's irrelevant because I don't like playing a wizard, it's either healer, hunter or melee for me, so I don't know how I would make a wizard fun.

However, I kinda agree with the sentiment of MoP design being the best of what modern WoW had to offer so far, with the exception of way too much instant CC. That was the case with all the classes I played back then.
I'm ok with blood. It isn't amazing but it does feel strong and I have lots of control which I like.
Yes, holy is in a good place atm. Maybe even too good as there will likely be some (more) nerfs coming our way. Hopefully they decide to buff others instead.