Unlocking Nightborne

New/Returning Player Questions & Guides
Umm so part of unlocking this allied race is having to do Emerald Nightmare raid?

I'm reading some old post on forums where they say you do? But like...that would be insane no? Was it requirement at one point but not anymore? Was it never the requirement?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20760738123?page=1
@Vlkovic: It is not insane and it has been and continues to be needed. It only needs to be done once and can be done on LFR difficulty, though due to the fact that over 80% of people are playing at levels 110+ it actually more difficult to find a group for it than actually do it, as noted in the US thread. Ask your guild for a bit of help, if they are a friendly bunch, one or two will surely blast you through the trash and the boss. :)
09/09/2018 11:12Posted by Trelw
@Vlkovic: It is not insane and it has been and continues to be needed. It only needs to be done once and can be done on LFR difficulty, though due to the fact that over 80% of people are playing at levels 110+ it actually more difficult to find a group for it than actually do it, as noted in the US thread. Ask your guild for a bit of help, if they are a friendly bunch, one or two will surely blast you through the trash and the boss. :)

I thought the raid requirement was removed or am I missing something?
https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=11340/insurrection#criteria-of
@Ashon: Insurrection was related to Nighthold, which is a different location. So the Insurrection achievement is easier now that it can be done without reputation gating and going into Nighthold is optional. There was a complaint thread on General forum about the EN need just a few days ago, if I recall correctly...
Ohh, right! Cheers. :)
09/09/2018 11:12Posted by Trelw

It is insane :D exactly because it will be hard to find people to do old raid. It really blows my mind. I see people complaining how they have to do old content to unlock allied races and I really don't mind but...I had no idea it includes raid. That is just insane to me since sure during Legion it was no problem just doing LFR but now? Everything else I can do as easily as if I was doing it during Legion. Oh well hope that someone from guild gonna carry me trough it then, it's true that they are all kinda bored and have little to do anyway :D .
I am sure you can find people to do it. Just look in legacy content in the LFG tool, i still see people running the old raids for mogging.
You can solo it on normal with the help of a spirit beast. if it helps. as lvl 120 that is.
10/09/2018 13:00Posted by Pip
You can solo it on normal with the help of a spirit beast. if it helps. as lvl 120 that is.

Well hot damn! Ye everytime I play BM I'm thinking I can kill anything there is with enough patience...and spirit beast ofc.

At first I thought I'm gonna do pathfinder/allied race stuff before getting BFA but...I just can't wait! Gonna buy it tomorrow.

So good to know me trusty void wolf will be able to carry me trough on its own, thanks!

Also nice to see someone else using this helmet/mask! :D I love it so much! Yet seemingly lot of people think it looks bad.
So actually it seems they removed the requirement to do the raid.

I told ya it is insane to keep it going into next expansion! Reps are one thing but raid from previous expansion that you can't solo (or well unless you BM hunter with spirit beast :D ) ?

When I got to the point where I was sent to Emerald Nightmare the item I was suppose to get there appeared in my inventory on its own and I just turned the quest in.
14/09/2018 12:54Posted by Vlkovic

I told ya it is insane to keep it going into next expansion! Reps are one thing but raid from previous expansion that you can't solo (or well unless you BM hunter with spirit beast :D ) ?

When I got to the point where I was sent to Emerald Nightmare the item I was suppose to get there appeared in my inventory on its own and I just turned the quest in.

I thought I had heard something like that! Phew, thought I had dreamt it haha!
You heard correctly, Ashon. It was indeed updated early September. :)

they did remove it, but you can still find and even start groups for the old raids as some are still running it for allied races, plus transmogs and Balance of Power (artifact skin unlocks)