How tf do you play resto shaman?

Arenas
Hello fellow humans,
I'm a fairly decent player if not pretty good and I recently picked up my resto shaman that has been parked in my character screen for about a billion years.

Wanted an alt, leveled my shaman and now I'm at the point of almost giving up because I'm so god awful with it that I don't want to play it anymore.

It feels like I'm dead in 1 global, dead after I get kicked once and I have absolutely no !@#$ing clue how to survive when 2 melees are sticking on my %^- when I don't have any def cds up.
Also, I can't heal *!@#. No idea how to keep my mates high on health.

I need a resto guide for dummies. Please help me. Played resto druid in MOP and thought it's not so different but boy was I wrong.
dont paly healer if u wanna have fun in wow.

healing is tilting, annoying, frustrating and rage inducing.
I kinda spam heal targets and they still die. After nerf it's huge downgrade.
Shaman had issues pre nerf - his issue was the only healing ability, although overpowered had 6 sec CD (instant cast Riptide) but his casted heal sucked.

Now his overpowered instant cast ability got nerfed, it's balanced, but his casted heals suck still, so it feels to me like Rsham is kinda unplayable.

I am able to pull off some wins, but I feel like I am carried by team and there are clocks ticking. I can help offensively, but I feel like everything I can do Disc can do better and is not limited by time as much as I am, because whenever we lose pressure, I have to heal more and we die.

Disc can sustain ppl as long as he has mana which turns out to be more than Rsham right now.

My POV.

I was trying to ask popular Rshams for opinion too, but their opinion doesn't seem to differ, so Rsham is not really looking good.
people watched a tournament of scared multi rank 1's abusing a tank trinket and playing defensive for 15 minutes.

and then concluded every healer was too powerful and never went oom.

meanwhile on ladder u spam biggest heal on global and peoples hp bar doesnt move.
tournament people also play much more defensively without doing pressure unless they know it's going to be kill situation

meanwhile on ladder you meet mongoes
yes, those mongoes are much harder to play against, but they also open themselves to potential lose out of nowhere, so it's more clever to play defensively in tournament as it makes your chance to win higher, but it's more clever to play aggresively on ladder as it makes your game faster thus much faster rating gain

I do not meet people in ladder nor on stream of R1 player that are worried to follow behind pillar same as Blizo or Whaaz or anybody in tournament.

So it's not like healing is OP there, they're just playing not to lose and extremely focus on defending with wasting CC to survive and stop goes.
resto sham is the only char i level up for BFA and will be, but i can't find group for rbg or other stuff, so i will stop soon, i don't even log now , bfa is a big waste of time not only for some classes but in overall pvp it's a joke
25/09/2018 17:55Posted by Kavije
resto sham is the only char i level up for BFA and will be, but i can't find group for rbg or other stuff, so i will stop soon, i don't even log now , bfa is a big waste of time not only for some classes but in overall pvp it's a joke

No group will take rshaman for RBG. Disc, monk and hpal are in demand.
Shaman is good only in 3v3, at least was good till recent nerfs. Not sure how it is now.
Resto shaman is probably the hardest spec to play in pvp period. You will definitely gonna struggle a lot as a new r sham, especially after last nerfs as you will have to hard cast a lot to let your team stay alive.
Sham sucks, the trait made it actually work (too well though), now it doesn't.
most high rated shamans ive spoken to say it's still decent but not broken like before, but it probably sucks for 2v2 now
Hi,

Im not even good pvp player but here some advices:

1. Try to fake cast
2. Use your utility to save your a## Cap Totem and heal, earthgrab and heal.
3. Sometimes I cast Lava Burst and they are interrupting it than i have window to heal.
4. Try to use ghost wolf traits to run and kite if you are playing against less mobile class.
5. Riptide is your best friend
6. Stay aggressive by purging and wind shearing, hexing stuning enemy
7.Play with class which is OP :-D
8. Use your team mate cc to top your team
9. Spirit Link nerfs made us less viable in 3vs3 comp and its hard to top both team mates if you dont have any of your big cds like Ascendance.

We still bring nice utility but our mistake can be crucial for the fight.
For now only good healers for arenas are those who can spam hots all while jumping around like retards.
In this patch if you are getting focused by melee you need to ghost wolf kite. You will outrun every class. (Except assa rogue but that !@#$s OP as f)
I have alt shammy in ratleague ....Even after nerf im using riptide build againts rogue teams.(90% matches) Double spirit wolf talent if you know they would target you. Im stacking versa atm dont care about atat prio since versa reduce dmg taken. Om higher rating teams will probably cc you and go for.you patrtners but in lower bracket people see shaman and sit you 24/7.

Actually kiting in wolf with traits is insane with pillar lot of classes cant touch you.
Find azerite armor with riptide trait. Stack it. That changes all of your gameplay to instacasts.

Use eartgrab totem to kite melees (near a pillar ofc).

When you see a switch on you coming be in ghost wolf allways.

Use ascendans like an oh !@#$ button with riptide.

Allways drop healing stream totem when you feel a stun is coming. Cast your heals when you and teammates are at 80 percent or more hp to force an interrupt. Use riptide at 60 percent or low.

Do not use chain heal and healing rain at all.

Use stun totem to kite if needed.

Allways purge when you have a spare global. Allways use your wind sheer on cooldown. Stall it if you see a chance for your teammate go secure a kill.

Root the enemy healer and kite his buddy out of his sight.

Macro your healing tide totem so when you cast it there is a marker on it.

Use astral shift when stunned but never overlap it with shield totem.

You have only one pvp skill that is not must have -choose it wisely - 50 percent heal after 3 secs or grounding totem or ofensive purge or even defensive purge. I dont feel that calming waters is even worth it.

Even your slow totem is a godsent in kiting. It slows melee while you are faster than them in ghost wolf. Be like speedy gonsales. Allways run as far as possible from enemg healer so you divide their team. Be ready to root totem a melee and then hex it.

Also you need a part who can peel for you. Ret paladin is a solid choice thede. Can heal, has BOP, can stun. Tou have to support ret in killong enemy healer with yoir purge though and dispell all that frost novas on him.

GL, see you in the arena.
27/09/2018 08:04Posted by Bulldozer
Find azerite armor with riptide trait. Stack it. That changes all of your gameplay to instacasts.

Use eartgrab totem to kite melees (near a pillar ofc).

When you see a switch on you coming be in ghost wolf allways.

Use ascendans like an oh !@#$ button with riptide.

Allways drop healing stream totem when you feel a stun is coming. Cast your heals when you and teammates are at 80 percent or more hp to force an interrupt. Use riptide at 60 percent or low.

Do not use chain heal and healing rain at all.

Use stun totem to kite if needed.

Allways purge when you have a spare global. Allways use your wind sheer on cooldown. Stall it if you see a chance for your teammate go secure a kill.

Root the enemy healer and kite his buddy out of his sight.

Macro your healing tide totem so when you cast it there is a marker on it.

Use astral shift when stunned but never overlap it with shield totem.

You have only one pvp skill that is not must have -choose it wisely - 50 percent heal after 3 secs or grounding totem or ofensive purge or even defensive purge. I dont feel that calming waters is even worth it.

Even your slow totem is a godsent in kiting. It slows melee while you are faster than them in ghost wolf. Be like speedy gonsales. Allways run as far as possible from enemg healer so you divide their team. Be ready to root totem a melee and then hex it.

Also you need a part who can peel for you. Ret paladin is a solid choice thede. Can heal, has BOP, can stun. Tou have to support ret in killong enemy healer with yoir purge though and dispell all that frost novas on him.

GL, see you in the arena.

What you think without armor with reptide trait is shaman viable?
Viable - healing stream totem for 3v3 but without riptide trait shaman is an easier kill if focused by melee. That absorb is important.

Also secondary stats are important for riptide build - aim for mastery and versatility. Crit is bad for resto shaman because mastery is better stat (heals for more and is much more consistant). Haste is not needed because you heal with riptide and use the buff for 1 sec cast heal. Versatility is really good because it lowers dmg taken and buffs healing done.

All the healing comes from comboing your skills riptide into healing surge (if not in danger of dying and possible to cast) into purge into wind sheer into riptide etc etc...

The trick is to have earthgrab totem for when in danger. Drop it, use riptide, ghostwolf away, healing surge, get to LOS heal safely.