What do Warfronts actually add to the game?

General
Warfront - easy 40 min afk farming 340+ilvl gear
IE - useless azerithe farm which drops 30% each week and all the armor you get has 22 locked azerithe passives.
12/09/2018 03:36Posted by Fatburger
The title basically says it all.

What do warfronts actually add to the game? Beeing one THE features of the expansion I dont see myself doing a warfront more than once a month for the 370ilvl (as long as 370 is relevant).

The warfront system is basically a PVE battle simulator that plays itself.

Same thing goes for Island Expeditions. Why do they even exist? The sole purpose of island expeditions is to do 4 of them per week to add to the insane azerite grind.

I saw a bfa video today and someone in the video said: "Both systems have no intrinsic reason to exist. Both dont represent a core change to the feel of playing WoW,. They are just another thing to do to fullfill the needs of aquiring azerite power. Basically BFA could exist without either of the features and you wouldnt feel any difference".

I'm sorry and where is the problem? Do you have to grind everything non-stop or something?
Islands and warfronts are complementary content. They add to what you can do. They are not supposed to stop you from doing the other content.
12/09/2018 03:45Posted by Fatburger
12/09/2018 03:40Posted by Zyrein
You could always just, you know, not do them

Thats the point. Two of the biggest features of the expansion could be ignored completely.

No? They give you rewards. What you aren't is forced to do them. Just like you aren't forced to raid or to do mythic+.

You can for example, just PvP. Or just world PvP. Why can't people understand that?

Warfronts and islands are like the micro holidays with rewards. They are there if you want to run them. They give you rewards. But they aren't meant to monopolize all your attention. Just like every other piece of content in the game! You pick and choose what you want to do. That is their point.
12/09/2018 10:57Posted by Iana
12/09/2018 03:40Posted by Zyrein
You could always just, you know, not do them

True, but when Blizzard puts resources on new features like Warfronts and Expeditions they better be good.

If they are lackluster and can be omitted, they were a waste of time and resources. Resources, that were needed on so many other fronts.

With this logic, why try and make anything new at all? Just make dungeons and raids non-stop. Don't innovate, don't try anything new. Just be a stale game. Waste of resources otherwise...
12/09/2018 12:48Posted by Kyoda
A quick and easy way to gear al... Oh, wait.

I mean, it's fun the first few times, but I hope it's just the start of a bigger and better game mode.

It still is. Is this a horde pov or something? The rares still drop 340 gear. They are still the best way to gear alts. You don't need the scenario to shower you with 340's for that to be the case.
Yep, I have stopped doing Island expeditions. I dont care, and I don't care about aquiring AP. Doesnt matter, the first ring is all that matters anyway. Warfronts is possibly the biggest letdown ive ever experienced. I thought it was going to be a groundbreaking PVP experience inspired from warcraft mods. And from what I've seen it's a complete joke, a PVE scenario basically. And one that I can't even do. Time gated btw
I personally love the Warfronts. Oh wait, I can't get in.
It's just a easier LFR.

When I heard Battle for "Azeroth", I thought there would be quests, events, pvp beacons all sorts of !@#$ running all over Azeroth. Like there would be frenetic activity breaking out all over.

Instead it's happening in a monthly LFR instance...
I think both sounds good on paper, but it feels terrible in game. Same with azerite gear, the system itself could be really good, IF all traits was comparable and more rotation changing. Now it feels like you need to get X or Y and just do your normal rotation and sometimes your shoulders to a big blast..
Is it true that it's impossible to loose warfront?

Because that would affect it a lot, why would you really do your best if you win anyway? Where is the challange if you can't loose?
12/09/2018 12:56Posted by Electrocutie

What do warfronts actually add to the game? Beeing one THE features of the expansion I dont see myself doing a warfront more than once a month for the 370ilvl (as long as 370 is relevant).

Same thing goes for Island Expeditions. Why do they even exist? The sole purpose of island expeditions is to do 4 of them per week to add to the insane azerite grind.

I saw a bfa video today and someone in the video said: "Both systems have no intrinsic reason to exist. Both dont represent a core change to the feel of playing WoW,. They are just another thing to do to fullfill the needs of aquiring azerite power. Basically BFA could exist without either of the features and you wouldnt feel any difference".

but that's the point, don't you see .. its another way to get gear for raiding and acquiring azurite. You aren't forced to do any of it, its just another way to get gear n azurite. Blizzard are damned if they do and damned if they don't. People whinge there isn't enough different things to get gear n azerite, then people whinge that some of the new ways to get things are new ways to get things.

But that is only due to the way they designed the azerite system and azerite gear.
You can get a houndred azerite gear pieces without getting the traits you need. And then when you got the exact azerite piece you need, you might end up unlocking only 1 of the 3 trait rings because aylmao we just increase the required azerite power based on itemlvl. Go grind AP for another month =)
Content for casuals you want casuals to worship you like gods and force them to pay a boost from you ? pathetic........
12/09/2018 13:03Posted by Nemmar

I'm sorry and where is the problem? Do you have to grind everything non-stop or something?
Islands and warfronts are complementary content. They add to what you can do. They are not supposed to stop you from doing the other content.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Thats the point. Two of the biggest features of the expansion could be ignored completely.

No? They give you rewards. What you aren't is forced to do them. Just like you aren't forced to raid or to do mythic+.

You can for example, just PvP. Or just world PvP. Why can't people understand that?

Warfronts and islands are like the micro holidays with rewards. They are there if you want to run them. They give you rewards. But they aren't meant to monopolize all your attention. Just like every other piece of content in the game! You pick and choose what you want to do. That is their point.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
True, but when Blizzard puts resources on new features like Warfronts and Expeditions they better be good.

If they are lackluster and can be omitted, they were a waste of time and resources. Resources, that were needed on so many other fronts.

With this logic, why try and make anything new at all? Just make dungeons and raids non-stop. Don't innovate, don't try anything new. Just be a stale game. Waste of resources otherwise...
12/09/2018 12:48Posted by Kyoda
A quick and easy way to gear al... Oh, wait.

I mean, it's fun the first few times, but I hope it's just the start of a bigger and better game mode.

It still is. Is this a horde pov or something? The rares still drop 340 gear. They are still the best way to gear alts. You don't need the scenario to shower you with 340's for that to be the case.

"I'm sorry and where is the problem? Do you have to grind everything non-stop or something?"

Yes you have to. Since higher level azerite gear requires more Azerite power to unlock the traits. If you dont do them you literally cant unlock a single azerite trait from Uldir, making the gear absolutely worthless.

About the rares:
Since we have forced personal loot you might up not getting a single item from the rare rotation and the rares are locked behind a monthly warfront rotation

About your argument regarding 'doing something new'
All of the problems with warfronts beeing afk simulators have been reported during the beta.
In the beta island expeditions even had real bosses to kill and stuff. It was dumbed down to a forced azerite power grind.
warfronts added some 345 to this character before they killed it again.
Blizzard killing their own features is a trend among blizzard.
You could say the same in reference to every aspect of the game.
Why do all the levels of dungeons exist the story is still the same, so why keep running it?
As Zyrein says, if you don't like/enjoy them, do something else.

Yes you are forced to do them since the azerit traits are locked behind an ever increasing azerite power level requirement.
12/09/2018 14:12Posted by Odinrocks
You could say the same in reference to every aspect of the game.
Why do all the levels of dungeons exist the story is still the same, so why keep running it?
As Zyrein says, if you don't like/enjoy them, do something else.

If you dont do them you dont have the azerite power to unluck the traits from the raid or higher level arena gear :)
So they add an easy way to gear up between 320 and 340 where before Warfronts it was pretty slow. You had to grind heroics and mythics, do WQs and rep stuff. But right about when the majority of active players was reaching 340 they released Warfronts. It was too soon and it was ridiculously enough Horde only.

When Alliance gets their taste Warfronts will serve no purpose.
PVE battle simulator that plays itself.

You can actually lose the warfront if you do nothing, just saying.
I did a few warfronts (got up to 318, the irony) and the first one was rather fun. The 2nd one was the same thing except this time I knew what to do. The 3rd and 4th were filled with toxic because people were calling out and kicking afk'ers.
It's nice I'm now geared enough to run mythics with my guild. I do agree it is not a good idea to have a game-mode where one could afk themselves to raid-levels. But why such a high entry level now?
Players that don't care abut dungeons are forced into doing them to be able to enter warfronts because it is simply the only way to get geared enough for them.
Would have rather seen a scaled reward from the warfronts than a guaranteed 340 every time. I was honestly really very amazed I could queue again after doing it already. Maybe once a day, or even once a week, would have been better than the 320 entry level.

What I miss most in wow is people that just have fun in what they are doing, and not rushing it just to get that reward at the end and move on to the next reward. Because imo that is what's breaking this game the most (obviously some choices the devs made regarding bfa don't help either but plenty said on that already)
I hoped that they would use it to move the lore forward around the war Horde vs Alliance.

But i found that the Warfront lacked alot in lore and dialog once i played it.
I hope when the next warfront release that we get a new open world Arathi Highlands that shows that a side won the war in that part of the world.
They add free gear for a 1 day old 120, now full of 340 items