New player questions

Shaman
Hi guys
I'm new to shaman
I'm trying to figure out my specializations, armors, and weapons.

1. If i wear Mail armor how come i feel that my defense is so low?
2. Enhancement skill "Lava Lash" ask for melee weapon yet One-Handed Sword is not equipable, which melee weapon can we equip? and i assume the skill talks about offhand weapon right?
3. which specialization will be easier to level at? i feel like Restoration is stronger even tho its a healer, Ele feels very weak, and i didnt get to try Enhancement because i dont get the weapon thing.
1. Armour is basically irrelevant nowadays. It used ot matter back in, ooh, WotLK. Now it's largely used to decide what loot you get.
2. Fists, axes, maces.
3. Enhance is easiest to level with.
Armor is irrelevant? so if i wear cloth (which i think looks the best) ill get the same damage as Mail?
Also, Ghost wolf and Pet Mount are the same speed?
Mount is faster than ghost wolf.

You can wear cloth if you want. This was quite commonplace for shamans prior to Wrath of the Liche King, when gear itemization was terrible and our best options were often leather or cloth items, but is now not generally encouraged. Your loot from bosses etc is decided based on class and spec and will generally be mail armour. You'll take slightly more damage from physical attacks in cloth than you would in mail, tho as you've noticed survivability is only loosely connected to armour type now.
1. dont bother yourself with armour, while you are leveling you will be sometimes weak sometimes strong ... armour classes now exist more or less only to distribute loot

2. aside from swords 1h/2h, polearms, ranged weapons and glavies, shamans can use everything ... as a healer you will probably use staff or 1h+offhand .. same as ele ... and enha 1h axe, mace or fist weapons ... but you can use daggers or even 2handed axes while you are leveling ...

3. enhancement is great ... you have instant heals, earth elemental is great
19/09/2018 19:17Posted by Meristu
1. dont bother yourself with armour, while you are leveling you will be sometimes weak sometimes strong ... armour classes now exist more or less only to distribute loot

what a bunch of bullsh1t....
we have this nice skill, called armor skills since like cataclysm... and it is just giving us 5% of primary stat, if we wear all mail armor... yea amour does only exist to distribute loot...
19/09/2018 21:51Posted by Varileztra
what a bunch of bullsh1t....
we have this nice skill, called armor skills since like cataclysm... and it is just giving us 5% of primary stat, if we wear all mail armor... yea amour does only exist to distribute loot...

Yes, but it has almost no relationship to how survivable a class is anymore. And armour skills don't any buff pre-50 anyway.
Enhancement can use one handed Axes, Maces and FIst weapons.
Elemental & Resto same, but with addition of staves.

Mail armor is worthless, since abilities factor more than armor type.
Avoid leveling as Ele, you're better as Resto since on top of higher base dmg you have alot of sustain. I'd say go for Enhancement.