Why no zandalari and kul tiran in patch 8.1??

General
I really wish I could already level a zandalari in 8.1 do we really have to wait for 8.2? why? We payed for this expansion and now have to wait a year for a core feature? I was really hoping we got zandalari and kul tiran in 8.1 and we get 2 new in 8.2 and again 2 in 8.3...
I thought we were getting Zandalari and Kul'tirans in 8.1, no?

23/09/2018 17:07Posted by Gorthmog
and we get 2 new in 8.2 and again 2 in 8.3...

lol i freaking wish...

i expect the new goblin/worgen models though in these patches.
I don't think we'll have to wait for patch 8.2. It sounded more like Ion alluded to patch 8.1.5.

I think the reason is that Blizzard wants to create a story connection for the two races joining each faction.

I.e. after the raid on Zuldazar, the Zandalari are going to commit to the Horde because of the events that take place, and then the scenario you do to unlock them will drive that story point home.
Same with the Kul Tirans for the Alliance.

There's a story continuity to it. The initial questing sees you – as a Horde player – gaining the favor of the Zandalari by helping with their local problems, but they still haven't pledged allegiance to the Horde.
Then the raid on Zuldazar will highlight the threat that the Alliance poses to them, which will make them join the Horde.
And then you get to unlock the Zandalari Trolls and play them as part of the Horde.

So story reasons basically :)
So much bs in three sentences. Holy...

1) Nobody said that they won't come in 8.1. Ion said that the story is not quite there yet and that they will join us in the events following the raid. It is very likely that they are already included in the patch.

2) 8.2 won't come a year after release. It probably hits in january/february. The update rythm is supposed to mimik Legion patches.

3) Allied races are not a core feature. The game doesn't lack playability without them.

4) You are bound to experience a great deal of disappointment with your unreasonable expectations. You should take a step back.
23/09/2018 17:22Posted by Liri
So much bs in three sentences. Holy...

1) Nobody said that they won't come in 8.1. Ion said that the story is not quite there yet and that they will join us in the events following the raid. It is very likely that they are already included in the patch.

2) 8.2 won't come a year after release. It probably hits in january/february. The update rythm is supposed to mimik Legion patches.

3) Allied races are not a core feature. The game doesn't lack playability without them.

4) You are bound to experience a great deal of disappointment with your unreasonable expectations. You should take a step back.

1) saying "The story is not quite there yet" means it's not finished in 8.1

2) July/August is 1 year after release...

3) they are a core feature of the expansion. A feature has nothing to do with gameplay. It's what convinced us to buy the expansion.

4) Trust me I already unsubbed. I'll just wait 1 year after all these patches are released. This time gating and waiting for content is bs.
23/09/2018 18:09Posted by Gorthmog
they are a core feature of the expansion. A feature has nothing to do with gameplay. It's what convinced us to buy the expansion.

If the current content doesn't offer anything to you, why not unsub until KT/Zandalari become available?

I feel your pain, I'm practically waiting for the KT to unlock so I can play them. But it was never promised they would be available at the start. Heck, it wasn't even implied.

3) they are a core feature of the expansion. A feature has nothing to do with gameplay. It's what convinced us to buy the expansion.

4) Trust me I already unsubbed. I'll just wait 1 year after all these patches are released. This time gating and waiting for content is bs.

1) It doesn't. You should really watch the stream again and listen to what Ion actually said.

2) BfA supposedly follows Legion patch schedules, so 8.2 will most likely come late winter or at least early spring. In Legion patch 7.3 released one year and a week after release. The patch schedule was tighter than you think.

3) If allied races convinced you to buy the expansion, I don't know what to say. That's really sad. That's almost as if a skin made you buy Overwatch. Allied races are not much more.

4) Then just play something else in the meantime and check back when you feel like the game is worth your money again. My sub expires in two weeks and I also won't renew it before 8.1.
source on 8.2?
23/09/2018 18:49Posted by Liri
3) If allied races convinced you to buy the expansion, I don't know what to say. That's really sad. That's almost as if a skin made you buy Overwatch. Allied races are not much more.

Foolish child, have you learned nothing from 7.3.5 when HM and NB allied races became available with the BFA pre-purchase? Allied races were their main selling point for this expansion, rest were just side features....extras, if you will.
It's because Ion refuses to take his anxiety meds and he has the tendency to lock himself in the cellar for months.
And we have to suffer.
23/09/2018 18:49Posted by Liri

1) It doesn't. You should really watch the stream again and listen to what Ion actually said.

2) BfA supposedly follows Legion patch schedules, so 8.2 will most likely come late winter or at least early spring. In Legion patch 7.3 released one year and a week after release. The patch schedule was tighter than you think.

4) Then just play something else in the meantime and check back when you feel like the game is worth your money again. My sub expires in two weeks and I also won't renew it before 8.1.

Classes, races and mounts are literally the most important thing in this game everything else in the game is sub par without these. Why do you think people waste so much money on mounts? Why do you think people grind hours of world quests to gain rep with allied race factions? wow would be dead without these 3.
u gonna get them in 8.1.5.9.0.0.0.0
Reading all those who stop the sub, i really dont understand why. I have lots to do, ive unlocked all horde races and lighforged now, soon void elves, and going to unlock dark iron. i have lots to do i enjoy.it actually, never believed i would, but the feelin of mastery when completing rep was/is amazing. and when im ''done'' i have lots of new races to enjoy leveling and also ''new'' level system. if any i think stuff are goin fast=P havent done all quests on my 120ally yet either.

so all you people whining/cryin over BfA aka best exp ever, stop try to se the works, they have done so much for nostalgia, Rexxar and all the war stuff, its amazing how much details there is in this expansion. ive played warcraft and read all the books since wc2, i dont understand people who think !@#$s bs. if anyone need help gettin motivated to play wow, talk to me, i can say why i love it. :)

Kind regards Zuul
Just to re-iterate: Ion has said 8.1 but not at the start of it. Probably some story that needs to advance past some annoying time gates.

They should have released/planned em earlier though. :/
Reputedly you need to have kills in the upcomming raid as part of unlocking both races.
02/11/2018 02:16Posted by Kamazh
Reputedly you need to have kills in the upcomming raid as part of unlocking both races.

Why am I not suprised?...