Endless rejections from m+

Shaman
I am really having fun of playing an enhancement shaman., but it seems that this class cannot be compared at all with the rest of dps. The leaders that keep rejecting me to join their group for mythic + are doing right because why not inviting for example a second hunter that does 200k on his opener in less than 10 seconds, rather than having a poor shammy struggling with his build up opener and praying for some procs. I believe our opener is horrible, and we cannot keep a good stable dps, all of our show off is when we get some procs on stormstrike and thats it. Yesterday i went to Kings rest mythic, i felt that i am the worst player in the world, not only we are lacking of proper damage, but as a melee dps class we have to run all the time away from dangerous zones that an ability from any boss force us to stop dps and run out, whilst a hunter for example or any other ranged keep his good dps.

The above is just my opinion as an ench shaman player, i am pleased to hear yours. :)
Hunters are ranged, you are playing melee. That is two different issues, though hunters having mobility and still able to do damage is their strength.

As enhancement you have ranged attacks as part of your rotation, a medium cooldown sprint ability, mobile travel form, leap talent, and a couple of dedicated range attack talents. The various pets you have also follow the target and do damage (though earth ele does require azerite armour to make it do any decent damage).
KR is one of the better dungeons for ele Oo

(Knockback (elemental)) / slow / stun for golden blubbs at first boss

Purging the ghost things

Low CD interrupt for big amount of interruptible spells.

Dispelling Hex, if it comes through, which shouldn't happen, see interrupt CD above

(1shotting explosive totem at third boss(elemental))

Anti fear totem at last boss.

Stop whining and learn to play your class

(Forgot you are not elemental and adjusted my post)
16/09/2018 13:13Posted by Zudoku
KR is one of the better dungeons for ele Oo

(Knockback (elemental)) / slow / stun for golden blubbs at first boss

Purging the ghost things

Low CD interrupt for big amount of interruptible spells.

Dispelling Hex, if it comes through, which shouldn't happen, see interrupt CD above

(1shotting explosive totem at third boss(elemental))

Anti fear totem at last boss.

Stop whining and learn to play your class

(Forgot you are not elemental and adjusted my post)

his post wasn't just regarding KR dungeon

what he is saying is that shaman overall is lacking compared to other Classes.

also its funny that you mentioned Ele and how the spec has cc and etc.. while ignoring how weak the spec is, even weaker than enhancement

the damage and the survivability is just beyond me
16/09/2018 01:44Posted by Seung

As enhancement you have ranged attacks as part of your rotation, a medium cooldown sprint ability, mobile travel form, leap talent, and a couple of dedicated range attack talents. The various pets you have also follow the target and do damage (though earth ele does require azerite armour to make it do any decent damage).

Thank you for your kind reply, i believe your wrong regarding the fact that we have range abilities, we have only flame tongue and we refresh it every 16 seconds and thats it, now about the earth elemental, since i am doing high mythic levels, i definitely save it in case our tank dies, i use it as a plan B to tank for us until the tank returns, and believe me it works its very tanky and i love it, i will never waste 5 mins cooldown to increase a bit my damage.

We are the LOA OF REJECTION. :P
As you mentioned,the only show off opportunity is when we get the procs,and honestly it will be much better as we have more mastery further into expansion. I find our healing surge/earth shield to be very helpful for keeping the tank or other members alive in a pinch,and earth elemental is a great addition obviously. The problem is we need to spend a damn long time to build up our already mediocre damage, especially if you also use frostbrand.On top of that,we have to refresh that build up every 15 seconds,and lose a lot of dps if we can't do/forget to do that. It feels really slow compared to DHs using their blade dance and eye beams right off the beat to damage packs down to half hp while we cast our 2nd rockbiter because we run out of ms that is needed for SS cleave after casting rockbiter-flametongue-frostbrand-crashing storm.
We do decent DPS, but we need way more gear to do it, and the right azerite traits, AND decent weapons, as well as the enchants and trinkets that go with it. And even then it's a complete up to the RNG god fest. U get alot of Stormstrike procs - u top the meters, u don't get em, u do nothing and barely outperform the tank. I had a lot of problems gearing up, even some WQ's were very difficult or low because i could not pull groups. But now, it's a diffferent story, i got my gear, the traits dropped just right for me, if i proc and crit most WQ mobs are no problem and the non elites i one shot, and now i can pull entire groups without dying. Now i crit a lot, and because i have better gear i can pull crazier stuff, which in turn gets more procs because it has more mobs to proc on. But it still requires me to have everything going of at once - The enchants on my weapons, the azerite traits, the ring enchants and my trinkets. The top of my screen is sometimes so cluttered with all the buffs i have going on it's hard to keep track of. But when it happens, it's very hard to follow me damage wise. I'ts too much luck based imo.
I feel Enhancement mainly suck in raids though, you become even more RNG dependent and if you are unlucky you just have nothing to press and no maelstrom. I don't get how people can defend this playstyle as it's only somewhat engaging when you have procc streaks.

Another problem with RNG are you cd's, if you line up wolves, the shield overcharge buff, forcefull winds and then get the wrong wolves or no Stormbringer procs you lost your entire burst, there is so much that can go wrong. This is enormously frustrating and just plain bad design..

A hotfix that gives us more haste is the only 'temporary' solution I see but this needs to be addressed ASAP..
People that don't notice enhancement is broken are a bit deluded imo. Enhancement Shaman= reroll, you will get double out of any other melee for half the effort you put in now. I made the hard choice of leaving the class behind because it was holding me back as a player from progressing onto higher/harder content, I will always see myself as a shaman but my main for bfa has to be something viable.
You have quited from playing your shaman because you want to progress into something higher and you are telling us now that we are overpowered? I guess you are trolling.
16/09/2018 20:23Posted by Tonicgin
16/09/2018 01:44Posted by Seung

Thank you for your kind reply, i believe your wrong regarding the fact that we have range abilities, we have only flame tongue and we refresh it every 16 seconds and thats it, now about the earth elemental, since i am doing high mythic levels, i definitely save it in case our tank dies, i use it as a plan B to tank for us until the tank returns, and believe me it works its very tanky and i love it, i will never waste 5 mins cooldown to increase a bit my damage.

We are the LOA OF REJECTION. :P

To get back on your ranged abilities. Rockbiter also has a 20 yard range and if you're talented in to Ascendance (which I am not tho) your new stormstrike is also ranged.

Besides that, In pve it really feels underwhelming to play enhancement. Procs are fun, but there are more times without procs and nothing to press. It just doesn't feel rewarding, especially when you see other dps with lower or equal ilvl performing much better. In raids it's even worse. The only reason I can think of for them to pick us is BL.

That's why I play resto in PvE and Enchancement PvP which is a blast.