Iron Dwarf Priests and Paladins (lore issue)

Argent Dawn
20/09/2018 09:09Posted by Blackscar
Hmmm...I am not talking about Ragnaros right now..but the new Firelord Smolderon.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Smolderon

I wasn't expecting a reply so soon given how early it is, hah. It comes across as a grey area to me but really I think it's pretty sound as long as it's all done in the proper context.
Fire Paladins
So can Dark Iron Paladins be similar to Tauren Paladins? Drawing their power by detour (here the fire)?

It seems...more fitting than how humans have it.
Why do you call them Iron Dwarves?
27/09/2018 08:39Posted by Tongreth
So can Dark Iron Paladins be similar to Tauren Paladins? Drawing their power by detour (here the fire)?

It seems...more fitting than how humans have it.

It could be very similar. Sunwalkers believe themselves to be calling on the Light of the Sun, which is a different interpretation of the same Light that is the source of Paladins powers.

Mayhaps they call on the Light but with a spiritual proxy like Smolderon, just like Sunwalkers with An'she.
27/09/2018 10:18Posted by Greznak
Mayhaps they call on the Light but with a spiritual proxy like Smolderon, just like Sunwalkers with An'she.
It would unironically be better for the Dark Irons to just straight-up worship the Holy Light rather than say fire = the Light just to hold onto the cliché tbh
The two dwarves began to speak at length about their hopes for the future, and Thaurissan confided in Moira that he wanted to free his people from enslavement and was willing to do anything to achieve that
ive used what we see in chronicles and the fact Moira is a priest that she began to teach a few in the ways of the light, this would free some of ragnaros hold but she held back on teaching larger groups until ragnaros was gone.

It stated in Chronicles that she suitably manipulated the heroes of Azeroth (ie us) into attacking the fire lord in the core and for my my headcannon is that she planned to teach the dark iron once he was dead to embrace the light hoping that it would help those who feel lost without the fire lords power.

Some would follow it others would not but regardless they were taught by Moira who in turn was taught the same way as other dwarfs so id say their system isn't much difference.
Another interpretation could be to see the Dark Iron paladins as shamans in heavy armor just like the Sunwalkers are essentially druids in heavy armor.

Now just to wait for monks in heavy armor... (No, pandaren paladins get out!)
Think of them as the "Alt Light".
27/09/2018 12:21Posted by Paymaster
Another interpretation could be to see the Dark Iron paladins as shamans in heavy armor just like the Sunwalkers are essentially druids in heavy armor.

Now just to wait for monks in heavy armor... (No, pandaren paladins get out!)

Pandaren paladins make more sense than Tauren paladins.

Pandaren priests tend to worship Chi-Ji as an aspect of healing, you have Dawn priests, and they reference the Light of hope, etc. Plenty of similar phraseology is used to the Light religion such as hope, courage, benevolence.

This sits far more comfortably with "light by proxy" than Tauren who revere the sun and somehow manage to draw on the Light. I find it hard to believe in their sun worship they're drawing closer to light-esque concepts than pandaren do with Chi-ji.

Hence why cowadins are basically retconned into standard light 101 rather than light by proxy. And if they can access the Light more directly despite being a nomadic race without civically structured religion then it makes no sense that other races with more civicallly structured religion and their base religion being closer thematically to the Light than the taurens was can't be paladins.

I'm not even a huge caller for pandaren paladins, but it makes more sense than Tauren paladins however you look at it.

And you don't even need to write them as monks in plate to float it, it's quite plausible than some of the more devoted temple defenders in krasarang combined their magical powers with martial training and there you have a paladin concept right there. Besides real monks wear leather!
Been a little confused with this myself, since i've been wanting to level a DID Priest to play/rp, a lot of the stuff doesn't make sense. Though, from what i've been reading, it's nice to see people working together to piece information on it!

Personally, I feel that as someone stated earlier, I don't see the need for them to be able to learn and what not. Priest of the flame or something? Only other issue I currently have with Dark Irons is the fire hair, I love it, however I don't understand how it works. Is it simply an effect or can people be burned by it? Maybe someone can answer that for me!
20/09/2018 08:15Posted by Blackscar
Do you think about ID Paladins worshipping fire/firelords to make them using more fiery spells to be used both for attacking enemies and do healing? (You can close wound with fire cauterization for example)

20/09/2018 09:09Posted by Blackscar
Hmmm...I am not talking about Ragnaros right now..but the new Firelord Smolderon.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Smolderon

I actually wasted a load of time writing up a guild concept and headcanon nonsense lore for it that utilised this idea, but the guild in question was more akin to shamanic knights than paladins.

I'll probably never end up using it, but if you want to strain your eyes and give it a long read through you can find it here;

https://imgur.com/a/TsjpilA

The tl;dr is Dark Iron Fire Knight people bartering with Fire Elementals (Loyal to Smolderon) and pledging to protect the Dark Iron people from evil fire elementals still seeking to subjugate them.
18/09/2018 13:22Posted by Paymaster
The Dark Iron paladins we know since Vanilla are the Anvilrage marshals, fanatics that seemingly drew on their powers by sheer belief in Thaurissan's cause. I doubt these people actually worshiped the Light.

I like this concept the most, Fire Paladin Shaman feels... not very Paladin, to me at least.

Dark Iron Dwarves have seemingly martial culture and very clear implications of existing law enforcement. High Justice Grimstone (funnily, there aren't many named judges and the Dark Irons have one most notable - they should've held the trial for Garrosh) and Ring of the Law, and Detention Block - a Dark Iron Paladin could easily believe in the VERDICT OF LAW, whatever grim justice the Dark Irons deal with, and act as a law enforcer.

Other notable locations I could draw inspiration from are Shrine of Thaurissan and Lyceum - perhaps, like Paymaster put it, the Dwarves of Thaurissan revere their emperor, or empress, so greatly that they manage to inspire great power within themselves.

Funnily, Dark Iron Paladin, in my mind, could have most potential for "Warhammer 40K Space Marine Paladins".
The Light will embrace all those who carry faith within their hearts.

#WorshipTheLightMondays
The idea personally with my Dark Iron Paladin is that he is a forge-warrior... which is basically just a fire battle mage. Mixing heavy arms with fire magic.

I don't really think they believe in the Light as the Bronzebeard Clan more got it from humans and the Dark Iron hasn't been part of the alliance until Cataclysm/MoP (unofficially)

But they did serve Raggy for a very very long time, so it would make sense that most of their power would be fire-related. (No I'm not saying fire spells heals nor do I recommend you to STAND IF THE FREAKING FIRE)

So there... Dark Iron Paladin for me is at least heavy arms users with fire magic capabilities.
I headcanoned that my dark iron priest has seen all that Moira has done for the dark irons and believes her worship of the light (she is a light priestess, right?) has played a part in that success, thereby becoming a follower themselves...