Ban people who leave in mythic+!

General
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
It was discussed over a hundred times and there won't be a punishment for mythic+ leavers ever because its not an automated system. It's the leader's responsibility to do choose people that are not leavers, which could be figured out in an instant if the leader would communicate with the group before the dungeon starts.

Mythic+ isn't a system that meant for pug groups, it's still an option but then you have to take the risk that someone might leave. Get over it.
19/09/2018 22:18Posted by Taronn
Mythic+ isn't a system that meant for pug groups

No .. not at all!

Where are you come from?
I don't see what difference it makes in giving someone who leaves for whatever reason a punishment, sure the 30 minute clock of can't enter another dungeon but really what difference would 30 minutes mate for someone who's going to log off for an hour (example)

It won't solve your Mythic groups problem of now being a player down.

People will leave groups, deal with it.

Never would blizzard ban a player for leaving a group without notice and it would frankly be madness for any company to do this in a game for such a reason. You can do even worse things in the game and not get a ban for this.
Yes ban people for not wanting to go on with an m+ run.

Even better, send them to the gulak.
Having read some of this comments, one must wonder :

How many of you left a Mythic or Mythic+ because of .. irl things?!
You cant ban people for leaving a dungeon,there is many reason someone could leave a dungeon.
If someone left dungeon for no reason i put him on ignore so i dont have to deal with him again,it's simple.
It's your free time,yes but it's also my free time if i see the tank or healer cant tank or heal properly i left,i generally dont left easily after 1 wipe but in some extreme case yes.
19/09/2018 21:50Posted by Rigvedic
Im sorry but maybe other people have actual lives that requires shutting down the game without prior notice. Ever thought of that?

Maybe you should get one aswell? You might like it.

I know someone could have an emergency,his house going fire or get sick and sitting on wc for 30 min,i get it.
But if you know you have a possibility of shutting down the game then maybe dont join another M+ group?
If i know i have to go out or doing something i dont join a run and then leave in the middle,respect other people time and dont be a jackass.
Join a group only if u know you can sit your !@# on a chair and play for the next hour.
They should add a reputation of some sort,if you leave M+ too much you get bad reputation and that get displayed whenever you want to join a group,i think that the better solution.
Okay, so if my/your group can't kill the first boss due to terrible dps/hps.. what would you do exactly?

You/I shouldn't be forced to stay in a group that literally cannot complete the key.
19/09/2018 22:25Posted by Toiren
But if you know you have a possibility of shutting down the game then maybe dont join another M+ group?

Eeeexactly this!

DON'T enter (random) group content if you know you can't play straight 20-30 mins.

But nope! "Mature" people with "a life" at his finest in this threat.
19/09/2018 22:26Posted by Museki
Okay, so if my/your group can't kill the first boss due to terrible dps/hps.. what would you do exactly?

You/I shouldn't be forced to stay in a group that literally cannot complete the key.

That's a different story then what OP and some of us are talking.

We are mostly talking about people leaving a group because of .. irl things which they need to do right away.

Close your game, do your things, but don't bullsht me and tell me "hey, real life is a priority. I am sorry." Yes it is, but support consequences for leaving in the middle of a dungeon - especially Mythic+ - where you'll basically ruin the whole run.
19/09/2018 22:30Posted by Jagarde
19/09/2018 22:26Posted by Museki

We are mostly talking about people leaving a group because of .. irl things which they need to do right away.

Close your game, do your things, but don't bullsht me and tell me "hey, real life is a priority. I am sorry." Yes it is, but support consequences for leaving in the middle of a dungeon - especially Mythic+ - where you'll basically ruin the whole run.

Im expecting you to stick around even if your house is on fire. You dont have my permission to turn into a pile of smoldering ash until my key is completed in time. If your kid sticks his hand in garbage disposal, you are to leave it there until the key is completed. If your power goes out, you are to start up the generator and login in 2 mins tops. ETC.

Dont you see how dumb your attitude is? Ill make it my mission now. Ill join your keys and do my utmost to add some excitement to your runs. If i ever find you in lfg that is.
19/09/2018 22:38Posted by Rigvedic
19/09/2018 22:30Posted by Jagarde

Im expecting you to stick around even if your house is on fire. You dont have my permission to turn into a pile of smoldering ash until my key is completed in time. If your kid sticks his hand in garbage disposal, you are to leave it there until the key is completed. If your power goes out, you are to start up the generator and login in 2 mins tops. ETC.

Dont you see how dumb your attitude is? Ill make it my mission now. Ill join your keys and do my utmost to add some excitement to your runs. If i ever find you in lfg that is.

You my friend, have a serious problem.

I never said don't do your things. In contrary, do. But don't bullsht me with "house in fire" or stuff like that.

Ok, is on fire, go handle it. You will get 30 min ban for doing dungeon content.

You will be to busy to "finish" the fire anyway, so no biggy, right?

I am not commenting on kids, because you completely gone to far.
So what, a 30 min penalty would satisfy you?
19/09/2018 21:52Posted by Jagarde
19/09/2018 21:50Posted by Rigvedic
Im sorry but maybe other people have actual lives that requires shutting down the game without prior notice. Ever thought of that?

Maybe you should get one aswell? You might like it.

And why other 4 people needs to "obey" to your irl things?

So , nothing wrong to ruin other's fun/time/etc right?

Way to go mentality over there.

Because he has an ACTUAL LIFE you nolife loser! Those 4 other people don't !@#$ing matter, because they don't have a life, they can just do more dungeons after he ruined one for them. He is special, others don't matter. I hate egocentric people like that.

Most of the time the people leaving are just bad and are part of or THE problem, but they think "I'm too good for this group, %^-* them" and leave. They don't need to shut down the PC, they don't lack time, they simply leave because they want to be carried through a +10 in max. 30 minutes and without wipes. Those people can die in a fire for all I care. An ingame one ofc *cough*.

Edit: And if you have an ACTUAL LIFE, then you are surely able to plan 60 minutes ahead and not join a M+ if you know you may need to go. Having A LIFE is no excuse to be an inconsiderate !@#$%^-.
Just add statistics on abandoned keys and let the community figure something out.
19/09/2018 22:56Posted by Lightglass
So what, a 30 min penalty would satisfy you?

At least is something. And to some degree, yes, it will satisfy me.

I will however want a "voting" system, ala Overwatch. Where you vote for your follow players. That way , we will know how one behave.
19/09/2018 21:31Posted by Xakura
Banning people for leaving a dungeon mythic or not, wont ever happen cause any number of stuff can happen in RL that force people to leave.

I'd accept any shortish term consequences if I was forced to abandon a mythic + run.

something like a 12 hour debuff preventing access to further m+.

At the end of the day it's the ones causing issues that should be punished and the few that have no choice well it sucks but it should be discouraged.
19/09/2018 22:57Posted by Zerheilbert
Because he has an ACTUAL LIFE you nolife loser! Those 4 other people don't !@#$ing matter

So , 4 people life don't matter, except 1, because he needs to sht in the middle of a run.

Nice! Go far away from any community you know. You are useless!
19/09/2018 23:14Posted by Jagarde
19/09/2018 22:57Posted by Zerheilbert
Because he has an ACTUAL LIFE you nolife loser! Those 4 other people don't !@#$ing matter

So , 4 people life don't matter, except 1, because he needs to sht in the middle of a run.

Nice! Go far away from any community you know. You are useless!

I think he was ironic.
You are responsible for making sure your own group does not get leavers/ragequitters unfortunately, take a little more time making your groups next time is all that can be said.
That's a risk you accept when pugging. Find a guild?