Cancel your sub.

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
People keep saying that WoD was worse. I wasn't around then but if WoD was actually worse than BfA then this game has some deep, serious issues - or rather, its developer does.
16/09/2018 11:02Posted by Kamazh
So impatient. We are still in the opening act of BFA. You are acting like judging a book on its first chapter.

But why shouldn't people cancel subscriptions if they are not interested in the game? It's just smart not to pay money for something they don't want to play!

So let them go.
unsubbed 7 days to go.
haha cancel your sub! 1 out of millions of players doesn't like it! >_<
16/09/2018 21:16Posted by Sontydon

1? Oh honey, BfA is about to sell even less subscriptions than WoD did.
9 days left for me .. hoping to get the reps to exalted before it runs out :) i iwll be back in 6 months time to try again but if zandalari trolls arent out by then i am quitting for good.
I'm talking about new additions to the game here. And in that regards no, it's not wrong. WQ were added, scaling was added, profession quests were added, Legendary from Emissaries were added, artifacts were added and a new class was added. All these things were added to the game upon release of Legion, along with those things we come to expect from a new expansion (dungeon, raids, new zones).

if u look at the scape of the game. new expansions have NEVER made real changes to open world on any scale.. legion CHANGED the way the game played.. but before that. all the expansions revolved around 10 man and 25man Raiding.. Dailies to farm Reputations and 5 Man heroic Dungeons.

if u compare the games from every expansion.. it was only now and then huge spike of change happened, for example the introduction of LFR... and other raid tiers.. the introduction of mythic Dungeons.

Expansions Dont change the format of the game every 2 years. Legion was Scrapping alot of ideas to create a New way to test working the game differently, they liked it to the modes persisted.

the new stuff BFA Introduced.. being Warfronts, Island Expeditions, War Campaign, Allied Races, Azerite System, Communities.

isnt much lower then

Legion introducing M+, Suramar Questline, RNG Legendaries and World Quests.

the difference is our Perceptions of these systems.

Alot of people LOVED M+ and it was APPLAUDED for what it achieved, World Quests a much more mainstream way of Doing dailies which a Smaller Number per Day and Much easier to locate across the map rather then individual NPCS and Doing TONS of them per day. Suramar had a large amount of love aswell for how great the city was and how flavorful the questline was.

Warfronts Didnt really appeal to alot of players, they found it too easy, to repeatitive and not flavorful enough.. Its brand New its there its just not as Successful.

Island Expeditions again.. People prefered how they were in beta before then got turned into a DPS Race, again brand new but people arent loving it.

BFA Brought in ALOT of new Stuff, its Just not new stuff you care about.
legion only launched 3 odd New systems into it and 99% of the work was adding more variants of the exact same dungeon.. M+ Didnt give u anything new.. but a New difficulty modify on Already existing Dungeons.. and the dungeons in question werent all that well built for the system.. compared to BFAs Dungeons being Specifically built around it.

this isn't a problem of LACK OF CONTENT, its a problem of not enjoyable Content. there are so many features and systems that the playerbase either Don't care about or just Don't want.

People aren't loving IEs WFs or Community features, People Arent loving allied races.. I rarely see players even using the Allied races.. mainly cause most don't want to deal with levelling them or paying out to have it.

BFA has ground... blizzard need to improve the structures of that ground to make it wanted, weather they achieve that or not is another story. im not a lover of this expansion MANY things I disagree with. I only play cause there are no other MMORPGs.. if blizzard fix it... i'll stay for the whole thing.. if they don't I will prolly start looking for something new.
16/09/2018 21:16Posted by Sontydon

It's not just one, though, is it?

I cancelled mine after Ion's AMA, where he seemed to suggest that the expansion will all start to make sense at some future point. That's fine - gimme a shout when it does and I might resub.
13 days left on my sub (already cancelled) and I am still level 113 lol... I login and log out after 15 min... I find this 110-120 so pointless and useless... My class plays horrible, quests are still as boring as ever did, and the rewards? No new skill, no new feature unlock on leveling, not even the old 1% crit talents... quests dows not give reputation...

Its all just a waste of time, without gain anything at all... And I could endure the pain of boredom to get to 120, if there was something amazing awaits me there... oh no, it will be world quests again... all these boring quests I do while leveling? guess what? I will do them again as world quests to gain reputation with factions, to get rank 3 recipes for useless professions.

Everything feels meh... Unless you have a guild for Heroic/Mythic raiding, there is absolutely no fun to get by playing this game. No goals for casuals..

add to this the new leveling overhaul... maybe its really time to quit after 10+ years. First time I dont even reach the new level cap...

EDIT: Just to be clear... quests are good as design... nice story, most quests are voiced, etc. The leveling itself is useless as it does not offer anything... and this makes questing fell like waste of time. They should at least give reputations, to make the rep grind at 120 less horendous.
i unsubbed too, im done

7 days.
when we get a new expansion .. we expect a new expansion with NEW things not a rerelease of a previous expansion with added pointless things *cough* islands/warfronts
I won't be unsubbing. I'm enjoying the game and I have plenty of things I want to do.
16/09/2018 21:52Posted by Kooki
I won't be unsubbing. I'm enjoying the game and I have plenty of things I want to do.

like ?

pvp is unbalanced

pve rewards are horrible.

island exp ?

wqs?

warfront?

or farming for gold?
16/09/2018 22:15Posted by Kbire
16/09/2018 21:52Posted by Kooki

like ?

pvp is unbalanced

pve rewards are horrible.

island exp ?

wqs?

warfront?

or farming for gold?

I'm still doing world quests for rep, gold, azerite.

Island expeditions I don't mind, I do one daily currently, I might do more once the reward chance is increased.

I want to see all the raid even if it is only LFR and collect the transmog from it.

I want to collect all pieces of the warfront transmog set plus the mounts and pets.

I want to achieve the Master of Minions achievement for collecting 1000 unique pets.

I want to achieve the 300 mounts achievement.

I want to level each class to max level.

I want to level my all professions.

I still want to level my fishing artifact.

I know not all the things I want to do are BFA content but it's still a pretty big list and more than enough to keep me playing and subscribed.
This expansion felt more like a quickie cash grab than anything else
#AZERITESUCKS
I prefer how they handled stuff in WOTLK and by looking at the subs most people as well.

Stuff I like/liked in WOW.

- WOTLK talent tree
- 10 and 25 man raiding
- Normal/Heroic/Mythic dungeons
- Ability to swap specs with out costs or trouble.
- Old Glyph system
- Iconic tier sets with set bonus
- TBC type of PVP ,with interrupts on GC.
- Reforging
- Slightly bloated skill tree with challenging rotations
- Barber shop
- Old AV ......I said it
- pet battles
- some scenario's where pretty fun
-Creative quests (love the running one in mob on the wall and the arcane jumping stuff in legion)

Stuff I don't like

- Pathfinder quests to unlocking flying
- Gated content behind reputation
- Repetitive boring World quests that give rep
- Content being removed and reintroduced by grinds.
- Azerite/legendary weapon point system.
- Warfronts
- Reputation not being account wide.
- Grinding for food/runes/flasks
- 1 button disc spamming priests and 'hunter weapon'

In Blizzards defense, I might not be the type of person they are aiming for.
Maybe WOW has changed and maybe stuff isn't as terrible as I see it.
Who knows I'm just looking at Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK with nostalgia.
Maybe I'm expecting too much when I wanted a lot of content like in mist.

In the end BFA doesn't cater to my needs, if I want to grind this much I can do that in a F2P Asian MMO.
16/09/2018 21:32Posted by Zephence
BFA Brought in ALOT of new Stuff, its Just not new stuff you care about.
legion only launched 3 odd New systems into it and 99% of the work was adding more variants of the exact same dungeon.. M+ Didnt give u anything new.. but a New difficulty modify on Already existing Dungeons.. and the dungeons in question werent all that well built for the system.. compared to BFAs Dungeons being Specifically built around it.

What new stuff exactly? Mind you WQ, emissary, azerite, class halls etc. isn't new stuff. Also bear in mind they removed profession quests, an end-game zone and legendary items. Also they removed set items for the time being.

So do go on, please tell me about all these new systems that BfA added. And mind you, that is systems that aren't lifted from previous expansion, but actually new systems that we haven't seen in other WoW expansions before.
I really wonder in like a month there will be pretty much no more complaining posts anymore. Because...yeah dudes if you dislike current state of the game then unsubscribe at least till next content patch. Don't force yourself to play it that is insane! More so if Blizz gonna see substantial drop in subs they will care.

On other hand I really don't think they care about what people say on the interwebs.

I mean I even heard they no longer have that "Why are you unsubscribing?" fill form which I don't get at all. That survey would be perfect place to put everything you write here about. It kinda makes it seem like they don't really care what you think anymore. But again they still defi care about sub numbers overall.
why would I cancel when I am enjoying the game?

there is more content to do than when Legion came out, not all the content is meant to be content you grind everyday for hours a day , so wq you do a few a day, islands a few a week, warfronts a few once a month

at this stage in Legion we had wq, M+ dungeons, 1 raid and some class hall stuff + grinding AP

at this stage in BFA we have wq, M+ dungeons , 1 raid , some story content/war campaign, AP , islands and warfronts. so even if you hate islands and warfronts you still have the same as in Legion.
I really wonder in in month there will be pretty much no more complaining posts anymore.

Ayyy lmao. So far, every aspect of BfA (except for a great story. But it's a game, not a movie, so we don't count it) is a disappointment and failure. It leaves no reason to believe that they will magically stop this screw-up parade and future updates will contain a high quality, non time/rep gated content.
I'd say it can only get worse.