Elemental and Versatility

Shaman
Been reading that Versatility is our 3rd best stat ( after Int and Haste ) but cant figure out how it can be better than both Crit and Mastery? Should I look for items with Haste and Versatility or whats the case?
On one Side you have Crit Haste, which I try to stack currently.
On the Other side Haste Versi..

Don't know, which we should do
Well for enha Mastery is supposed to be our worst stats, yet everyone insists on having mastery enchants on weapons xD
17/09/2018 10:51Posted by Shocklet
Been reading that Versatility is our 3rd best stat ( after Int and Haste ) but cant figure out how it can be better than both Crit and Mastery? Should I look for items with Haste and Versatility or whats the case?

WHo spilled the bollox of it being better than crit? because it is not, in terms of ratio, they are 'only' equal.
Reason for it being better than mastery is simple: our mastery sucks.
Why it is equally important as crit: ES is by far our hardest hitting spell. Once you get to the point that is regularly crits, crit does not do anything more for it. And since vers is % increase, ES is benefiting a huge bit of it.
Also vers is scaling indirectly better on us than for all others, because of our increased crit modifier. When the spells deal more damage baseline, the improved crit modifier has a bigger number to modify.
17/09/2018 12:10Posted by Varileztra
17/09/2018 10:51Posted by Shocklet

WHo spilled the bollox of it being better than crit? because it is not, in terms of ratio, they are 'only' equal.
Reason for it being better than mastery is simple: our mastery sucks.
Why it is equally important as crit: ES is by far our hardest hitting spell. Once you get to the point that is regularly crits, crit does not do anything more for it. And since vers is % increase, ES is benefiting a huge bit of it.
Also vers is scaling indirectly better on us than for all others, because of our increased crit modifier. When the spells deal more damage baseline, the improved crit modifier has a bigger number to modify.

So, that means, that we should still focus on crit, but have it eaual with versa?
And des more versa, the easier crit chances ES have?
The sims suggest crit is better on multi-target, versa is better on single target. Since our 'niche' is large AOE pulls, you might want o focus more on crit so that you excel at a given role, since ele shaman is never going to be better than average at ST fights.
19/09/2018 09:41Posted by Dargaroth
The sims suggest crit is better on multi-target, versa is better on single target. Since our 'niche' is large AOE pulls, you might want o focus more on crit so that you excel at a given role, since ele shaman is never going to be better than average at ST fights.

Yeah, okay. Sounds logic