Reminder that Prot absolutely sucks.

Warrior
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#metric=deaths&dataset=25 - Mythic Uldir

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#metric=deaths&dataset=25&difficulty=3 - Normal Uldir

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/20#metric=playerscore&class=Tanks - Mythic+ Dungeons

Keep in mind that warriors have a massive class representation, which makes those stats that much worse.
Always worth repeating until it gets a fix.
Best reminder of the day.I rerolled after a month of playing it.I loved it in older expansions so I thought its good still.nope it wasnt.
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9gshu0/protection_warrior_needs_a_rework_immediately/

There is a thread up on the /r/wow front page right now about this. More visibility would probably be good, as Blizzard ignores their official forums but does pay attention to reddit.
Been playing prot since Vanilla (although I skipped legion) and I gotta say that it's a real challenge ATM.

Only been playing a few mythics but man o man you're fighting for your life with every big pull. Never done so much CD popping/rotation as I'm doing now. There's often some heavy kiting needed also. Even rallying cry which is basically a tool meant to help out party/raid members is often needed only for myself, which is a shame.

Personally I kind of enjoy it because it really can be a fun challenge, but I understand why no healer would want a warrior tank.

Oh and Ignore Pain is a joke. One GCD for a lot of rage and very little effect, but when there is no other option you are forced to spend rage and a GCD on a hail mary or two...
Don't worry guys, you'll be fixed in 8.1!
-... as Blizzard ignores their official forums but does pay attention to reddit.

That's crazy. :/
20/09/2018 21:27Posted by Nëstor
-... as Blizzard ignores their official forums but does pay attention to reddit.

Well to be more accurate they ignore the -EU- forums, the US ones get the occasional look-in... but reddit still works better.
18/09/2018 10:11Posted by Synvash
https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/9gshu0/protection_warrior_needs_a_rework_immediately/

There is a thread up on the /r/wow front page right now about this. More visibility would probably be good, as Blizzard ignores their official forums but does pay attention to reddit.

That's vote manipulation and possibly gets threads closed. Don't get used to going all "Here, upvote this" as it violates reddit TOS.
Is it vote manipulation to link to a reddit thread? I didn't say what to do with it, just that people should go look at the thread.

If linking to reddit on the wow forums counts, my gosh does reddit have some silly rules.
20/09/2018 21:27Posted by Nëstor

Well, not that much, considering their official forums have been infested with useless whiners for several years now, that love to complain about anything for any reason. As a developper myself, I won't pay attention to this forum if I was working at Blizzard, in it's current state.

So yeah, basically, when something like the actual Prot Warrior got a real problem that need a real fix, it get lost in the flood of useless threads about fake problems, like "Omg why are peoples refusing to take me in their Mythic+ group?!".
23/09/2018 02:49Posted by Darkduprey

Well, not that much, considering their official forums have been infested with useless whiners for several years now, that love to complain about anything for any reason. As a developper myself, I won't pay attention to this forum if I was working at Blizzard, in it's current state.

Good thing then that developers usually don't run a company, business people do. Because they, at some point in time, invented a concept named customer centricity. Basically, that means to pay attention to and listen to your customers. Because they pay you.
So if some people whine in the forum, get over it. They are paying you. Besides that, there are enough very constructive topics, just that they get ignored completely.
Also, the general mood might get better if blizz would try to actually communicate with its customers. Even Riot does that, and you cannot tell me that the LOL community is less toxic than the WOW community.
Seeing how there are complaint threads about all specs on all classes right now. I dont think you guys really understand how much !@#$ Blizzard has to go through to find some decent feedback.

And blindly looking at how often a spec dies in Uldir is perhaps the worst indicator to how that class is doing.
19/09/2018 01:09Posted by Àngron
Been playing prot since Vanilla (although I skipped legion) and I gotta say that it's a real challenge ATM.

Only been playing a few mythics but man o man you're fighting for your life with every big pull. Never done so much CD popping/rotation as I'm doing now. There's often some heavy kiting needed also. Even rallying cry which is basically a tool meant to help out party/raid members is often needed only for myself, which is a shame.

Personally I kind of enjoy it because it really can be a fun challenge, but I understand why no healer would want a warrior tank.

Oh and Ignore Pain is a joke. One GCD for a lot of rage and very little effect, but when there is no other option you are forced to spend rage and a GCD on a hail mary or two...

I agree about the tanking style we're facing now against many mobs. I also agree that IP is a joke.
It's impossible to solo kite anything with only a 20% slow on Thunderclap. This results in us requiring someone else babysitting us with slows.

It needs to go to 50% or add an extra +30% slow to one of our talents. If this is against some new 'tanks aren't allowed to kite' philosophy then the slows of the other tanks need bringing down to this level.