Where have we come to? - A 55 year old geezer

General
20/09/2018 09:28Posted by Shayrala
You feel old, OP. Back in TBC I knew someone who, at that time, was 75 years old (not sure if he's still alive now because I've lost touch with him since), but he raided hardcore back then. I mean like 4-5 hours A DAY and did it five times a week. He was also a generous person because I remember getting BiS bind on equip gear for my birthday without even asking for it. I logged on my main and there were five items of gear that back then cost a total of almost 50k gold which any veteran like myself would know was a LOT of money back then.

Thanks for this info sir/madam. I found your arguments reasonable. And i hope i might atleast try to initiate one or two of what you said.

20/09/2018 09:40Posted by Uvireath
Your complaints are actually those of a much younger fella, who only started playing recently. No offense.

None taken. But, if the younger generation too feels like this then it's a good time blizzard does actually revamp stuff.. i've noticed the AH has been the same since i started playing in TBC.. ( i think they added new segments) but apart from that nothing.

I thought you where an older fella? You just recently started gaming? I remember mmorpgs where the ONLY source of a map or any kind of quest-description was outside websites. You had to print out stuff in order to find it.
Before that, I remember copying stuff from the screen using seethrough paper, just to have a map. WoW gives a boatload of info, and the rest can be easily accessed via Addons.

I am not talking about the ease of gaming/ergonomic addons we have.. im talking about how people are too much involved with his raider.io/ wowprogress.. that it has become a core element of the game. i am happy it has made people more analytically driven into the game.. but it's not fun always when people benchmark you based on it. if you had a bad season, that doesn't mean you are a bad player.
20/09/2018 10:09Posted by Taxiservices
im talking about how people are too much involved with his raider.io/ wowprogress.. that it has become a core element of the game.

I never even heard of raider.io, and I doubt anyone in my Raid looks at it or wowprogress. Its more of a nichegroup of eliteplayers who depend on those sites. And the 1% where always there, even in classic.
20/09/2018 10:34Posted by Uvireath
20/09/2018 10:09Posted by Taxiservices
im talking about how people are too much involved with his raider.io/ wowprogress.. that it has become a core element of the game.

I never even heard of raider.io, and I doubt anyone in my Raid looks at it or wowprogress. Its more of a nichegroup of eliteplayers who depend on those sites. And the 1% where always there, even in classic.

Raider.io is a "tool" that tracks all your Mythic plus progress and gives you a score.. i tried understanding it.. but it seems to complicated.. you need to be the top 100 to get the score.. and you need to do keys progressively.

i'm not sure why you have never encountered it ( it's good sign if you haven't) but in my realm (silvermoon) raider.io has become a mandatory requirement for ppl to accept you into their groups. 90% of the groups demand these requirements while the rest 10% are " Make your own group" guys.
AGE is pointless! Gamer is Gamer! Iam 32 myself, my first games were doss based that i remember...

WoW nowdays is a joke what it used to be, everything been axed;
gearings (no vendors, poor stats), professions, teeny tiny islands to "explore", spells/abilities been dummed down, no talent tree... want more?
Sandbox games are the only real mmorpg left. Theme parks have lived up to their name and become actual irl theme parks, somewhere to spend an occasional weekend, but live in a theme park for 2 years and you'll go mad.
20/09/2018 07:41Posted by Taxiservices
I'm an old man.. playing this game since a long time to deal with my PTSD.. but i've noticed that playing his game might increase my stress.. i do not remember the game to be so much complicated.. i've noticed a few which i do not understand how i deal with them..

1) People getting excited over some guilds clearing Mythic end boss in just 2 weeks after release. weren't raids supposed to be relevant?

2) People soloing current content bosses.. wow!

3) The "Fate" of your toon being dictated by 3rd party websites.. Seriously raider.io ? why should my toon demographics be available in some website? if there is an option to stop people from viewing my toon, would appreciate a tutorial.

4) People logging in diligently to work like mindless zombies in doing WQ and rep farms.. i mean how is this fun anymore?

5) MMORPG- i ask is there any roleplaying left in wow?

6) Time gating content.. im okay with some but warfronts time gating is just pointless.

Im sorry i might be too old for this. Ima just sit back and relax and watch how blizzrd is going to make this more complicated.

sorry if forums are full of these topics.. but i felt it was ridiculous that most of them are embracing these issues.

Pahh! You're just a youngster. Trust me. Anyway I can only comment on 5 cus I stopped playing all that other stuff after ToC was introduced .. Anyhooo... RP is what RP is and nobody but nobody can actually dictate how you RP. Heaven forbid that ever happened. Me I only ever play RP in this game ... all that other stuff is for the kids in the game. When you get a little older you will understand.
I wouldn`t say complicated. I would say simplified in favor of the hardcore playrs of this generation. Impatient people, who requiere highest rewards for very little effort.
"You need Ghuun HC achiev in order to join Ghun normal"
the game is like a train, you gotta catch the first train otherwise you miss all the glorious loot and achievement's.

basically the game has become competitive, if you can't run from the storm, it will consume you.
Old one here as well :)

Do not get stressed out by what everyone else thinks is necessary to play WoW.
If you like to run dungeons on Normal, just do that!

You do not have to complete +22 Mythical, RAID Heroics or reach ilevel 450 in a week to be a success.

If your content with hanging around in a cornfield waiting for a specific level 10 rare to spawn, then do that!

There is no rule that states that you need to have done X, Y and X in the first week, its a game, its supposed to be about having fun and relaxing.
I'm not worried about the race.. im just worried about the expectations they are setting and blizzard embracing the fact that their raids in the highest difficulty can be cleared in 2 weeks. and nerfing it for them. so the top few guilds who were stuck on a boss was nerfed immediatly clearing a path for them. why the hurry? they could have re - cleared mythic bosses over and over to get better gear and do the progression, why is blizzard paving the path to them? do they want the streaming $$?

I don't agree. I think a raid should theoretically be clearable without needing a reset by the very best guilds in the world. It might require the perfect comp executed perfectly, but given that, it should be possible.

Bosses aren't nerfed in a hurry because a guild is stuck. Ion has said himself in the past that for tuning nowadays they prefer to err on the high side, and then tone down when it is clearly over-tuned, rather than risk encounters being total pushovers.

Besides, if the top guild would need several clears for gearing up to be able to do it, then there's not a chance in hell the rest of the guilds are ever going to clear it. I think you are wildly underestimating the skill gap that exist between the very top and say the 200-500 bracket.
Raider.io is a complete joke ... be 1000 in raider.io

The game has gone so elitist , it's beyond a joke.

Can't wait for vanilla classic and proper closed servers.

Raider.io can suck my balls. Just another way of sad nolifers to find eachother.
20/09/2018 14:04Posted by Obi

[/quote]

don't think for a second that this will make things better lol you will face the same thing as it is right now. don't kid yourself
20/09/2018 15:19Posted by Penya
20/09/2018 14:04Posted by Obi

don't think for a second that this will make things better lol you will face the same thing as it is right now. don't kid yourself[/quote]

I won't play vanilla because i was never a fan but it will be slightly better though. Nowadays we can get declined even if we have good gear but not enough points. In vanilla people will only get declined if they don't have good gear, no one will care or see stupid points like right now.
WoW has never been dictated by third party apps/sites.

But I would appreciate if you /w me gear score, before you ask for invitation.
20/09/2018 12:37Posted by Isdy
When you get a little older you will understand.

Positive reinforcements :)
20/09/2018 16:34Posted by Deadduchess
WoW has never been dictated by third party apps/sites.

But I would appreciate if you /w me gear score, before you ask for invitation.

If wow hasn't been dictated by 3rd party addons, then why do people make raider.io mandatory? and why doesn't blizzard create its own method of rating people in mythic plus?
20/09/2018 16:26Posted by Deinn
I won't play vanilla because i was never a fan but it will be slightly better though. Nowadays we can get declined even if we have good gear but not enough points. In vanilla people will only get declined if they don't have good gear, no one will care or see stupid points like right now.

This is so much correct in all possible ways..
Ye it used to be less serious. More of an mmorpg with lots of derpiness and guild shenanigans.

Now's it's soulless lfg Queuing where people run a wow credit search on your !@# to see if you can get in. Then you might be lucky if people say "hi" before you do the content and gtfo fast.

It's SUPER SERIOUS.
20/09/2018 08:14Posted by Tiawyn
The great thing about WoW is you can play it however you want.
I personally am just chilling at this point, if I don't like something I don't do it.

I have always played this way. I stopped enjoying raids: no raids since lich king. I don't like pet battles: have never done one.

For me, I am finding all avenues of enjoyment diminished. Strangely, i feel like blizzard wants to make the game worse.

Harsh prune (i grnerally am in favor of pruning abilities from time to time, to clear bloat) have removed 2-3 too many skills from every class.

The GCD change, while in favor of offensive change, defensives should not have been included.

Artifact Power->azerite farm grind is just bad, who likes that??

WQ and m+ were good in Legion, but somehow they have been made worse. WQ rewards are weak, and dungeons have way too much trash to be enjoyable.

Gold farming severely hampered, regardless of avenue. Blizzard just wants people to have less gold.

Pvp, suspect as always.

Scaling=crap

If Blizzard wanted to make the game worse, mission accomplished.