New mount is awesome, so much hate.

General
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
20/09/2018 14:53Posted by Dappypally
this new FREE mount
It's.. not really free, though, it's a trap, tricking you into subbing when you likely wouldn't...
21/09/2018 17:06Posted by Saraana
this new FREE mount
It's.. not really free, though, it's a trap, tricking you into subbing when you likely wouldn't...
I’ve said this many times in this thread. I would be subbed 6 months from now regardless of the mount being out or not.
Mounts which are bought for real money, I feel kind of embarrassed to ride on. Its not like I can’t afford, just dunno its feels wrong and not deserved.
Although i dislike the OP's tone and rage he does have a point which he could put in a better manner imho but none the less its been done before and the reason it was done was for Pirates Day irl that simple .
I will not get it now and will wait for next year when in shop reason being i cant afford this close to Xmas and other irl things to spend £55 in one go.
New washing machine and microwave cooker more important :)
21/09/2018 17:10Posted by Jaelaana
Although i dislike the OP's tone and rage he does have a point which he could put in a better manner imho but none the less its been done before and the reason it was done was for Pirates Day irl that simple .
I will not get it now and will wait for next year when in shop reason being i cant afford this close to Xmas and other irl things to spend £55 in one go.
New washing machine and microwave cooker more important :)
And that’s is fair enough, I may come across as an angry person but it’s baffles my mind seeing some of the replies and angers me some people completely ignore the maths.

My quote about people not being able to afford it was maybe a bit harsh But that’s just me.
You guessed wrong then.
It's what the mount represents that is the problem.

The mount represents Blizzard realising that their game design choices have upset a lot of people and trying to con people into staying while they 'promise to fix things'.

However if you have been following what Blizzard does since they sold out to Activision you will realise they aren't going to fix anything, they don't care about your opinion of the game. They just get your 6 month sub from you and then don't care if you quit or not because they got what they wanted out of you, your money. They are banking on the fact that everyone will continue the 6 month sub once 8.1 comes out. Make no mistake this mount offer is to bridge their income stream to 8.1, not to offer you any value what-so-ever.

All Blizzard want is your money, and the game design these days is all about getting your money, not actually making a good game. Blizzard are not the company they used to be, I hate Blizzard at this point.
21/09/2018 17:49Posted by Kobran

The mount represents Blizzard realising that their game design choices have upset a lot of people and trying to con people into staying while they 'promise to fix things'.

However if you have been following what Blizzard does since they sold out to Activision you will realise they aren't going to fix anything, they don't care about your opinion of the game. They just get your 6 month sub from you and then don't care if you quit or not because they got what they wanted out of you, your money. They are banking on the fact that everyone will continue the 6 month sub once 8.1 comes out. Make no mistake this mount offer is to bridge their income stream to 8.1, not to offer you any value what-so-ever.

All Blizzard want is your money, and the game design these days is all about getting your money, not actually making a good game. Blizzard are not the company they used to be, I hate Blizzard at this point.
Honestly where do you come up with this nonsense?

You honestly sound like you’ve been brainwashed.

But it’s your opinion I guess.
21/09/2018 17:55Posted by Dappypally
21/09/2018 17:49Posted by Kobran

Honestly where do you come up with this nonsense?

Think about what I said instead of disregarding it as nonsense. Why do you think they are suddenly offering 6 months sub with a free mount?
I’m guessing all the people hating on this new FREE mount don’t have the money to buy it in game or out game.

Why you all hating on something they are gifting to you?

Honestly troll reply all you want but ffs give all the complaining a rest for once and stop
Complaining about every little thing you don’t like in the game.

has these forums always been this whiny?

wait, wait wait.
They want me to !BUY! 180 days of game time, essentially chaining me to the game for 6 month and i get a mount for doing that?
That does not sound like "free" to me. In my world, if something is free, i don't have to give anything.
It's a sale and nothing else. They sell you a mount + 180 days of game time for the price of 180 days of game time. And the way human psychology works, the moment you buy that, you feel the need to play the game, since you paid a lot of money for it.
Congratz, you fell into the trap.

21/09/2018 17:08Posted by Dappypally
I’ve said this many times in this thread. I would be subbed 6 months from now regardless of the mount being out or not.

Yea, congratz to you then, if you are having so much fun with the game and have so much faith, that the game will still be fun to you in two months time and willing chain yourself to it. Overall my account exists for over a decade now and i always only paid the one month subs. Probably could have saved a couple of months worth of payment overall, but that doesn't change the fact, that between MoP and legion i have taken quite a few months off of WoW, simply because i decided from one month to the other, thatt i would rather not spend money and time on the game for the time being. And no game time = less incentive to go online, as i would have to open my wallet to get back in, which then triggers my personal defenses of "do i really want to spend money on this now? Is it really worth it?"

And with how horrible my BfA experience is so far, i highly doubt that i'm still gonna be around in 2 months. Asided from Uldir there is literally nothing positive i can say about this Xpac so far.
21/09/2018 18:04Posted by Varileztra
And with how horrible my BfA experience is so far, i highly doubt that i'm still gonna be around in 2 months. Asided from Uldir there is literally nothing positive i can say about this Xpac so far.
Same and but that so much is rng though.. look at guilds people doing the same content and bosses there is a +/- 15 Il differences now if there is enough abd luck vs good luck. In a progress guild that means RNG decides who do progress. Take seals:

1) They reduced it to 2 a week
2) They removed the safety feature we had of 2 or 3 times no loot? Next seal quarenteed.
It's a nice mount and I think a lot people are on a 6 months plan anyway. The reasons why Blizzard does this can be explained in a lot different theory's but at the end they are just a games company who looks for new ways to make money. With this buy 6 months game time promotion they found a new way. Thats how I see it and how I see all the changes regarding payed services etc.

Yes in a perfect world where things wouldn't be about making money they wouldn't have added any payed services and a store, like the idea was when the game was still prety new, but company's want to grow, earn more money etc etc. We all know that and Blizzard is nothing different to that. This is just another way to make profit again. And tbh its better then filling the store with mounts wich you have to buy for another 20 euro's next to the subscription in my opinion :-)
It's actually a very good looking mount, very aesthetically pleasing. When you do the emote it shoots its canons. Sad that It cant float though. Other then that, one of the best looking mounts ingame. Just my opinion though..
21/09/2018 18:00Posted by Kobran
21/09/2018 17:55Posted by Dappypally
...Honestly where do you come up with this nonsense?

Think about what I said instead of disregarding it as nonsense. Why do you think they are suddenly offering 6 months sub with a free mount?

These sort of things are planned months ahead. It was even datamined in June.

I'd like to see your proof that:
- Blizzard is trying to con us.
- They aren't going to fix anything.
Paying upfront for 6months even if it saves you some lil $ is the stupiediest thing what you can do especialy for this rng crapfest which WoW become.
Its just my opinion :) next content patch you will see in 6 months when your subs will over.
It's not the mount that gets the hate, it's the con game behind it. Remember where you got con'ed in WotLK with tyraels charger for commiting to a 12-month sub and the following 12 months consisted of the ICC patch ?

They are not dumb, they will not blow such a special mount and offer if they don't need it to make up for something.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

These sort of things are planned months ahead. It was even datamined in June.

I'd like to see your proof that:
- Blizzard is trying to con us.
- They aren't going to fix anything.

My dear man!
1. Warfronts are boring the second or third time you do them. They also managed to complete destroy the ding-normal-heroic-mythic grind to just ding-warfronts=full epics. At launch. They also heavy favored Horde because they were released just ahead of raids and m+.
2. Island Expeditions offered no rewards at launch.
3. Warmode has degraded to Hordemode (except for RP servers) because Blizzard haven't provided any incentive to further the momentum they built.
4. Professions are a mess.
5. There is no love put into the game. Random treasure chests never reward anything else than a 30g, maybe a grey and 8-25 warpoints. Rares offer no fun extras except for class specific BoPs. Nothing cool for fishing or archeology.
6. Quests are repetitive. Kill 8, loot 10, kill boss.
7. Azerite gear and traits are so horribly made so that 325 gear is better than 370 gear at some points. And players will find themselves regrind the same traits when they get an upgraded piece with the same traits as before. Some traits increase dps by 3000. Others increase dps by 7!
8. Shamans suck. Completely.
9. You have a raid released where half the playerbase have no idea wtf they're going into it. No quest no nothing.
10. You have players getting 400 ilvl gear from doing Legion M+!
11. No communication about Warfront rares.

I can go on and on and on. Just list errors, glaring bugs reported for months. It's sloppy work. It's a rushed expansion where we will not get out of beta until 8.1. It's a disaster. Once players reach revered they have no incentive to be out in the world unless they're completionists. It's boring at 120. No new stuff. So it seems logical to think that a lot of players didn't care to refresh their sub. It doesn't mean they hate the game, but it's boring and nothing will change until 8.1 so why bother right? Random warforging/titanforging have most likely put a lot of casuals and harder working casuals at a gear level around 350-360. Low M+ takes time. Normal raids can take a lot of time. And it doesn't reward that much better gear! It's not unusual to complete a raid and recieve no gear.

It's not weird that you draw the conclusion that subs are dropping.

A lot of players are also angry at the lack of communication. Then, all of a sudden:
Reddit AMA and also a Livestream!
Super bonus offer!
All within a week. And you think we need tinfoil hats to put 2 and 2 together? We hypothesized a drop in subs. Then we get all this attention when you can make a statistical analysis of how BfA is doing (analysing players who subbed for BfA and now choosing resubbing or not). The conclusion is that the sudden attention coupled with a feeling of lack of content and poorly implemented content probably means this expansion isn't going very well. And since this seems so extremely obvious for anyone following current events it baffles a lot of players when guys like you come out and say "All good. Super great! Bought a mount. Yiha!". You're either uninformed or an idiot. Neither is helping the game get better.

If Blizzard are so understaffed they can't meet deadlines thehn they need to hire more people because they make a lot of money. As a customer you should not just accept to get crappy stuff when your provider is making a killing. You should get a grade A quality product. And the ONLY way companies learn is through losses.
21/09/2018 20:32Posted by Taxation
The conclusion is that the sudden attention coupled with a feeling of lack of content and poorly implemented content probably means this expansion isn't going very well. And since this seems so extremely obvious for anyone following current events it baffles a lot of players when guys like you come out and say "All good. Super great! Bought a mount. Yiha!".

Not everyone shares that opinion.
Sure the game has some issues, but overall I still like it. I was already considering on buying a lengthier subscription, so this promotion was a good deal for me.

You're either uninformed or an idiot. Neither is helping the game get better.

For having a different opinion about the game.
I like the game. You don't. Both opinions are fine. No need to insult.
Strange thing is, a few month back this would have been a Ralph thread.

Even he has given up at this point.
The conclusion is that the sudden attention coupled with a feeling of lack of content and poorly implemented content probably means this expansion isn't going very well. And since this seems so extremely obvious for anyone following current events it baffles a lot of players when guys like you come out and say "All good. Super great! Bought a mount. Yiha!".

Not everyone shares that opinion.
Sure the game has some issues, but overall I still like it. I was already considering on buying a lengthier subscription, so this promotion was a good deal for me.

So I line up arguments and example after example and your reply is some casual mong "oh I don't mind".

You're either uninformed or an idiot. Neither is helping the game get better.

For having a different opinion about the game.

NO. For not being able to draw the same conclusion. I argued why the conclusion was logical. I explained it to you. You just shrug your shoulders and say "heh, I disagree". You're either incapable of taking in information or you're not interested in real input. So it's idiot or uninformed.
I like the game. You don't. Both opinions are fine. No need to insult.

I like the game way more than you. That's why it hurts to deny my sub. That's why I'm so vocal and trying to communicate with happy-go-lucky casuals who don't understand that they are contributing to a worse game.