What are your opinions on leveling now?

General
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 Next
I did 10-55 in around 40 hours doing PvP pet battles. I found it fun, as I could just sit there & play guitar/piano at the same time >.<

(No chance I'm questing).
I really fancied levelling one of the new Nightborne race priests and got to L33 in 9h 33m, that's 44 mins per level, just doing quests. At this rate it will take me another 63 hours to hit L120.

In comparison, I have a L22 warrior, levelled prior to these nerfs in 11h 47m , that's 32 mins per level.

A 38% increase in time per level doing the SAME OLD BORING ALREADY-DONE-THAT-STUFF over and over and over again.

Do they really think that well-established seasoned players are going to happily accept this utter stupid nonsense?

I played from 2004 until October 2017 and came back for BfA but this has just tipped the scales again for me.
I hope blizzard actually listens to their community, because the leveling speed is slow
27/09/2018 19:25Posted by Thoviin
I hope blizzard actually listens to their community, because the leveling speed is slow

I hope since I want to level some Alliance characters :/
Finally made it to 120 from 110 with questing and mining. it took like 15-20 hours as play time. leveling was great. but sill some quest to do though.
not worth the time i would rather take up knitting than level a alt right now.
29/09/2018 16:19Posted by Steelstrider
Finally made it to 120 from 110 with questing and mining. it took like 15-20 hours as play time. leveling was great. but sill some quest to do though.

Now level an alt from level 1
The problems with leveling are still not solved.

• Mobs are not difficult, they just have more HP
  • You don't learn how to play your class, since it's still easy peasy
  • The content feels very stale by now, we've dealt with the same leveling stories since cataclysm
  • For new players, a whopping 120 levels will feel too intimidating to even give it a try
  • You have no sense of becoming increasingly powerful as you level up
  • You still have limited choice when it comes to which zones to level in
  • Professions are completely useless now during leveling, even more so since they changed them to allow you to work on BFA professions before even leveling the old recipes
  • You have no impact on the world - your actions mean nothing
  • Alternative means of questing are not feasible - PvP, pet battles, gathering, they all have limitations that makes them less effective than quests and dungeons

My advice on improving the experience:

• Do a level squish, and implement a system similar to professions, where you have your base levels and extra levels for each expansion, e.g 50 base levels, and 5 levels for each expansion. Leveling in old expansions can give you some rewards, but you only have to level your base levels and the most recent expansion in order to be "fully leveled up".
  • Rewrite the storylines in the zones once more, and this time, make them generic enough to fit any expansion. Many of the cataclysm quest lines are hopelessly obsolete now.
  • Redesign areas and enemies to nudge leveling players to use all of their toolkit, not just the two main attacks and a defensive now and then. Let players learn how to play the class.
  • Have dynamic events in each zone, that are still relevant at max level
  • Update the TBC leveling zones, come on, it's just embarassing by now
  • Redesign professions so each profession have recipes that are useful throughout any expansion, including at lower levels. Pets, toys, bits and pieces that makes it worth still gathering a bit of iron or khadgars whiskers
29/09/2018 17:08Posted by Arkolias
The problems with leveling are still not solved.

• Mobs are not difficult, they just have more HP
  • You don't learn how to play your class, since it's still easy peasy
  • The content feels very stale by now, we've dealt with the same leveling stories since cataclysm
  • For new players, a whopping 120 levels will feel too intimidating to even give it a try
  • You have no sense of becoming increasingly powerful as you level up
  • You still have limited choice when it comes to which zones to level in
  • Professions are completely useless now during leveling, even more so since they changed them to allow you to work on BFA professions before even leveling the old recipes
  • You have no impact on the world - your actions mean nothing
  • Alternative means of questing are not feasible - PvP, pet battles, gathering, they all have limitations that makes them less effective than quests and dungeons

My advice on improving the experience:

• Do a level squish, and implement a system similar to professions, where you have your base levels and extra levels for each expansion, e.g 50 base levels, and 5 levels for each expansion. Leveling in old expansions can give you some rewards, but you only have to level your base levels and the most recent expansion in order to be "fully leveled up".
  • Rewrite the storylines in the zones once more, and this time, make them generic enough to fit any expansion. Many of the cataclysm quest lines are hopelessly obsolete now.
  • Redesign areas and enemies to nudge leveling players to use all of their toolkit, not just the two main attacks and a defensive now and then. Let players learn how to play the class.
  • Have dynamic events in each zone, that are still relevant at max level
  • Update the TBC leveling zones, come on, it's just embarassing by now
  • Redesign professions so each profession have recipes that are useful throughout any expansion, including at lower levels. Pets, toys, bits and pieces that makes it worth still gathering a bit of iron or khadgars whiskers

You realize that this is an entire expansion worth of fixes right.

All that sounds good for a future fix, but we need a bandaid fix, desperately, NOW. Like heirloom buffs. Like Loremaster tabard xp%.
The biggest issue I have with scaling is dungeons. We have no real ability and deal !@#$ damage but the bosses and even mobs have enormous ammount of HP disproportional to our damage dealing and it takes too long to do a dungeon. I get so bored from doing 1 dungeon that I don't even bother playing after that and just log out. That's how boring it is because of the enormous hp of mobs. I really can't understand what is in the mind of people who can play multiple dungeons in a row with this system
[quote="176232364323"]

All that sounds good for a future fix, but we need a bandaid fix, desperately, NOW. Like heirloom buffs. Like Loremaster tabard xp%.

I agree, but that doesn't make it less true - it's completely !@#$ed and a lot has to be done to make it a fun experience again. I actually doubt it will happen, the game is just too stale when it comes to leveling. It's still parked in 2004.
Bump, would like to see more peoples opinions.
Its unbearable for my lvl 94 warlock. I just cant force myself to run WoD quests.
60-75 felt like i could spend entire puberty in game.

75-80 was fine :3
its easy, if you put effort in but its not very rewarding.
Bring on heirlooms
22/09/2018 17:17Posted by Thoviin
22/09/2018 17:14Posted by Karatechopz
Flawed just as much as it was in 7.3.5 and beyond, heirlooms still need to be buffed.

Agree with you, the 10% exp heirlooms should be buffed so they have 15% exp instead.

15% lmao try 25
Lv59 Warlock.
Slowly leveling it on a side during my holidays.
Love it <3
Its ok - not hating though. It kinda more time consuming but better than 2 shotting each mob and facerolling everything.
I've just leveled a druid. Took me over 35h to get to 103 level with heirlooms while being pretty efficient (no exp flasks or team leveling but still).
Leveling in dungeons kind of sucks, as long as there are quests in new dungeon it's OK. I like that finaly leveling in BGs makes sense, the xp is quite good and it's fun.
The worst thing is that every single of 120 levels is exactly the same. It's over and over doing same crap. I'd love to see old talent trees make a return, they gave you the small step goals that made leveling way more fun. Without them our characters never get stronger. Current talents suck, half of them are basically useless and we're just going on level by level with the same !@#$.
Overall - it sucks for veteran players and probably even more for new players.
I really do not understand why they dont just make dungeons the fast track way for leveling. It solves the issues doesn't it? people that want to re-do the same old boring quests can do it, while everyone that doesn't can just go and queue for dungeons or w/e.

Sure if you are a dps it might be a little more annoying, but surely better than having to do all the old stuff again.

as an altoholic, it gets really painful.