PROT WARRIOR SUCKS

Warrior
Is there any way to play prot warrior in pvp, in random BGs and wpvp?
27/10/2018 10:29Posted by Pinkfist
Is there any way to play prot warrior in pvp, in random BGs and wpvp?

eeeeh not really you have a ton of CC and survivability but very little kill pressure on your own.

it could work in BG's with some friends who can kill stuff while you CC it or you can be the flag runner in WSG etc but other tanks do this job better tbh
27/10/2018 20:15Posted by Agmund
other tanks do this job better

Literally prot warrior in every situation.
30/09/2018 17:20Posted by Drunkvoodoo
Just got my Warrior up to 120 since I wanted to change main.

My condolences.

Look, if all Blizzard did was swap the talents "Impending victory" and "best served cold" around in the talent tree that would've been better than 5% extra armour and hp.

We have some mediocre self healing ability but we can't pick it because both of the tier 1 talents are better. Meanwhile I'd gladly give up anything in tier 3, (including unstoppable force) for a self heal every once in a while. It's better than nothing anyways.
29/10/2018 20:48Posted by Drekhan
You suck you little disgusting fat punk kid.

Kudos to you for being the only warrior on the planet who seems to enjoy the current state of prot, but name calling isnt necessary.

I can only assume that you are new to prot warrior and havent played much of it at 120 because if you had you would know what a sorry state its in especially when you look back at how fun and rewarding it used to be in previous expansions.
The current 8.1 would be fine if IP scaled better. Other than that prot warrior is a mix of clueless people that doesn't even play the class puting the "non viable medal" on it, toxic pug community, honest L2P issues and of course packed with weaker design than other tanks. But I have a Monk at 120 and is so god damn boring that I would quit the game if I tanked with that thing every night. The nerf to DC in the PTR is quite a hit though and makes me cry.

Having said all that it worries me that the prot warrior community is so fixated with IP and never mentions SB. Keep in mind that currently every decent warrior can keep that one up between 70/80% uptime and in 8.1 will be better. Combined with DC and Bolster/LS makes the class more than able to tank in Uldir considering you can block every big boss hit minus Mythrax essence thing and there is this other thing called tank swapping that allows us to recharge our stuff for the next one.

By no means we are the best tank in Mythic + (even when we make DPS cry) but if you guys don't get your weekly +10 is just a L2P issue and shouldn't be worring about pushing top world tier keys.

And in Uldir we are currently more than fine for the average content (Heroic). On mythic I can't tell but I see no reason to not be at least viable in it. Only bosses I can figure being particulary painfull for a prot tank are Mythrax or Zul.

My biggest complain regarding prot atm and still the same in 8.1 is that we can't even swap a single talent. Whatever they do in the fure (granted they do anything) at least I hope they keep something that I enjoy in this class which is the high skill ceiling compared to other tanks. Needless to say tanking is easy enough as it is right now, may they improve the class but for Christ's sake don't dumb it down even more.
Doing a +10 mythic with a warrior is not that hard, but, and this big but is my bigest problem with warrior atm, our active mitigation is so niched to only be able to block physical melee attacks. Yes The blocking of ranged attacks will Come in 8.1 aswell but it still does not mitigate dots that is physical(i think at least) , and ignore pain is gone after a high tick of damage and then you are out of rage to do more.
There is a HUGH diffrence in dificulty of dungeons when i tank at least. Freehold i NO problem what so ever. We almost prefer warr tank there with our heavy damage and instant interupts with intimidating shout and aoe stuns, while other dungeons like motherload have been harder with masterminds ripping you to pieces since no active mitigation works on them almost with warrior except just ip. With fortyfied, The two masterminds just before The third boss is harden Then The rest of the dungeon combined. All other tanks kinda has armor increase that reduce all physical damage taken. But not warrior. Bleed ticks from zul in last phase is a pain to mitigate aswell.
So Freehold and tol'dagor i think is the easiest for prot warr, and rest differs alot.

As cool as blocking my be and fit class fantasy, i much rather have something els as our active mitigation. Either an armor increase or a straight out damage reduction when we press our mitigation Buttons.
I am not sure what hurts more, seeing the state of the warrior class or the warrior community. I play protection Warrior in Mythic Raids & M+. I admit it was tough in the beginning especially m+. Eventually I realized that the only solution is to run your own Keys. I tanked every Key So far on 10+ or higher.

The biggest problem i see with Warrior tank at the moment is the unforgiving play style. Meaning Rage management is a thing, knowing when to SB or IP is important. At the moment I believe that Warrior Tank is the tank with the Highest Skill Cap. I might be wrong but that is how it feels at the moment. I always loved the challenge. It is not interesting to COMPETE with other Warrior tanks because there are barley any left. What is interesting and satisfying is competing against the other Tanks. Beating them competing against them with a heavy Handicap.

I believe our Time will come, Patience never was a virtue of Warrior's. I understand the frustration and rage behind all of these posts however we are in an age where switching classes is easy.

Just my 2 cents.
Unless Blood gets big damage and healing nerfs and Gorefiend's is given to Frost/Unholy, you won't see any changes in the M+ tanking game.
Take IP off GCD.
Make Impending Victory baseline for Prot and either give it a (very short) CD and a low/medium rage-cost, or have no CD but make it stack a self-anti-healing debuff to prevent IV spam.

Forces the Warrior to continue between mitigating (IP & SB) whilst also able to weave in occasional heals (IV). IV was relatively solid before, yet we're at a point now where the ability to even remotely function as a half-decent tank involves being obnoxiously strict with talents and traits, to the point where you're pretty much a dead-duck without X, Y and Z, even if you're overgeared. I've been playing PWar for many expansions - as much as I loved it in PvP and PvE, BFA has made me really, really glad that I had a Prot Paladin in my back pocket. The difference between the two is simply disgusting.
01/11/2018 01:52Posted by Whiteowlx
I am not sure what hurts more, seeing the state of the warrior class or the warrior community. I play protection Warrior in Mythic Raids & M+. I admit it was tough in the beginning especially m+. Eventually I realized that the only solution is to run your own Keys. I tanked every Key So far on 10+ or higher.

The biggest problem i see with Warrior tank at the moment is the unforgiving play style. Meaning Rage management is a thing, knowing when to SB or IP is important. At the moment I believe that Warrior Tank is the tank with the Highest Skill Cap. I might be wrong but that is how it feels at the moment. I always loved the challenge. It is not interesting to COMPETE with other Warrior tanks because there are barley any left. What is interesting and satisfying is competing against the other Tanks. Beating them competing against them with a heavy Handicap.

I believe our Time will come, Patience never was a virtue of Warrior's. I understand the frustration and rage behind all of these posts however we are in an age where switching classes is easy.

Just my 2 cents.

This is it lads.

Keep that chin up.
01/11/2018 23:27Posted by Drekhan
Cauz you're garbage.

dont you get tired of trolling these forums and insulting people all day long?
Roll heal in to shield slam, double heal amount after killing something. remove victory rush.
30/09/2018 17:20Posted by Drunkvoodoo
Just got my Warrior up to 120 since I wanted to change main.

Me too! LOL We must be dum :D
I've tanked a few bits and bobs as a Druid and I'm levelling a Prot Warrior just now. Prot seems like quite an involved spec to play, with lots of short-CD defensive abilities and a handful of big cooldowns that you can't be shy with. It feels similar to healing as Resto, making sure you know how to use your big CDs and not being shy about it, as opposed to Bear which is all about passive mitigation, keeping 2-3 stacks of Ironfur up at all times, and blowing your CDs only when a healer !@#$s up/ runs out of mana.

I dunno. Make sure you're using your defensives properly, don't be shy with the big cooldowns, and check your talents against the cookie cutters on Wowhead. I don't think Prot feels too bad, although I suppose that could change at higher levels.
Cancelled my subscription just now. It expires 17/01/2019. If Warrior is not fixed by then I will be unsubscribed for the first time in like 8 years orso. They screwed up too much this time. And ok, it's not only the terrible state the class is in. But we are like 3-4 months in the expansion and i'm already seriously bored... Also the lack of blue posts on EU forums is really pissing me off. In short, Blizzard is failing bigtime on all fronts in my opinion till a point that I just had enough of it.
02/11/2018 01:52Posted by Agmund
01/11/2018 23:27Posted by Drekhan
Cauz you're garbage.

Telling truth is not insulting or so called "trolling" how you call it, my dear dwarf...
10/11/2018 02:21Posted by Drekhan
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Telling truth is not insulting or so called "trolling" how you call it, my dear dwarf...

calling somone garbage because they complain about the current state of prot warrior is

a) an insult to the person especially when its directed towards a lvl120 player in not terrible gear with what looks like a decade of raid experience ESPECIALLY when it comes from a lvl80 know nothing without any looms or raid experienece whatsoever.

and

b)Trolling plain and simple, literally every thread I see you in you do nothing but call better and more experienced players every name under the sun just because they point out what a shoddy state prot is in at the moment.

back under your bridge boyo