How come a 395 HC trinket is worse than a day 1 craftable?

General
Got Vanquished Tendril of Ghuun Titanforged to 395, but it still sims worse than the 355 Darkmoon Deck Fathoms that was available on day one of the expansion.

Is this thing getting a buff? If not, why not? Feels pretty bad when you finally get lucky with an upgrade and it turns out to be just one step above literal trash
There is nothing wrong with not each item being great. Though usually at least end boss items should be ok and this one is especially bad because it is so underwhelming in general.

So I feel your pain. We have btw already plenty of topics on the issue.
15/09/2018 19:24Posted by Uzochi
There is nothing wrong with not each item being great. Though usually at least end boss items should be ok and this one is especially bad because it is so underwhelming in general.

Thing is.. this trinket is completely trash tier.

The trinket is like a base mythic trinket (395 to 340)

It does need a buff.
Either more frequent spawns or damage buff on the spawns. I think my 355 one hit for around 2k or something. Which is laughable at the least.
Yoga-Saron called and wanted his trinket back by the way.

This trinket should be great but is nothing close to greatness. I mean it drops from the last boss, there should be an increase in damage it does.
15/09/2018 19:24Posted by Uzochi

Please you're adding nothing to the discussion, in no world should a END BOSS trinket at 395, be bad, it should be worth its tag. Last boss and Ilvl. The trinket is vague, has no tooltip, is horrible, and needs buffs.
To be fair some darkmoon trinket have also been good in Legion despite having a lower ilvl.

Also why should ilvl be the only determinant for an item? Especially when we are talking about crafted stuff such as darkmoon. This stuff is usually not cheap. But this acutally the only things that bothers me in this case. It is in fact easy to come by. I have to gather like 15 Hydrocores for one smithing item.

Edit: Endboss loot should't always be good for everyone. This is just another simplification which is rightfully critizied by many. Then we can just cut out the whole content and farm 1 boss. Great. How about the teams work for each other instead, so everyone can get their BIS from different bosses.
Every single trinket in Uldir is severaly underwhelming. Fetid devourer at ilvl 400 is about a 80 dps increase over a 355 fathoms..
Edit: Endboss loot should't always be good for everyone. This is just another simplification which is rightfully critizied by many. Then we can just cut out the whole content and farm 1 boss
The trinket is good for nobody as far as I'm aware.
well fathoms is really overtuned even post-nerf, and the raid trinkets suck. the raid trinkets definitely could do with a buff to be competitive with mythic+ trinkets, but fathoms really is an outlier in how strong it is. they messed up with the tuning on it and probably don't want to nerf it any further because so many people spent a great deal of gold on it.
Best thing to do would be to submit a suggestion.
It's probably just an oversight. It's not like they implemented any kind of test,,,,
sadly the dev team eyeballs the trinkets with not so consistent results...
old god trinkets being terrible is a time-honored tradition, dont you dare mess with it
Old god !@#$ reminded them of shadowpriest so why make it usefull. :D
there's nothing wrong with fathom being good trinket my man.
Cries in Frenetic Corpuscle (380). Tbh this trinket doesn't even proc AT ALL. I could proc it ONCE on a HC boss, which try lasted for at least 6 minutes. If they don't fix these trinkets I would be really disappointed.
All the trinkets in Uldir are undertuned, and I dunno why. Top of the 340 dungeon trinkets are outsimming the Uldir 370 ones. I'm gonna hold Construct Overcharger for abit maybe someone from Blizz game devs have some sense into fixing this.
16/09/2018 10:43Posted by Unseenundead
there's nothing wrong with fathom being good trinket my man.

It's not about Fathoms being good it's about a borderline Mythic trinket being really really bad
15/09/2018 19:19Posted by Luftwaffe
Got Vanquished Tendril of Ghuun Titanforged to 395, but it still sims worse than the 355 Darkmoon Deck Fathoms that was available on day one of the expansion.

It updates your ability to trade items on the trinket slot up to ilvl395. That's awesome. Every raiders wants some free gear like that. So, it is not completely useless. ;-)

They should add quest rewards for every slot for killing the last boss of an instance. "You are now free to trade gear up to max xxx ilvl droped from last boss of raid tier x", this would solve a lot of frustration with raiders. °_^
I had a 370 raid trinket that was about 150dps (give or take) improvement over my dungeon 340 trinket, which is about 300-400 dps behind the 355 Darkmoon. It's annoying but it's not at all unusual.

In Legion especially this kinda thing was happening throughout the entire thing, I didn't replace my 860 Arcano Crystal, Draught of Souls was only replaced because Blizzard nerfed it heavily after Nighthold, otherwise it was effectively a Legendary with purple writing.. Meanwhile I had ilvl930 trinkets unused.

I did effectively quit during Nighthold though, and played for a few nights here and there in TOS so Im not sure how things played out after that, but at least up until that point the ilvl on a trinket mattered not, individual trinket effects were wildly different in power.