New job tommorow but i dont know how much i should play

General
Hey, i have been unemployed for about 5 years and im used to play around 9-10 hours a day. How many hours do you guys who have wife,children, and jobs play on average? Thanks. The reason for my question is id like to know how you guys manage to play hours of wow after coming home from work and spending quality time aswell :P.
17/09/2018 18:09Posted by Glaivedancer
Hey, i have been unemployed for about 5 years and im used to play around 9-10 hours a day. How many hours do you guys who have wife,children, and jobs play on average? Thanks. The reason for my question is id like to know how you guys manage to play hours of wow after coming home from work and spending quality time aswell :P.
I think you have a very bad priority setting my man.
17/09/2018 18:13Posted by Talgaros
that does not really answer my question lol XD. would be more helpful with a more constructive reply :D.
You need to realize the value of people. They are the most important resource on the planet and are hard to come by Hold on those you managed to get and spend as much time as you and they are comfortable with and can afford.

This game is nothing but means to meet people or relax your mind, don't take anything more from it.

You going to have hard time, but put WoW on bottom of priority list and at some point your brain will get same enjoyment you get from game from IRL stuff.
17/09/2018 18:20Posted by Glaivedancer
...I think you have a very bad priority setting my man.
that does not really answer my question lol XD. would be more helpful with a more constructive reply :D.

He’s not wrong tho, nobody can advise you, only you know your circumstances.
I am a father and play WoW after my daughter is fed, showered and put to bed. Spend some time with the wife and while she watches Love Island and all that balls i WoW it up. Maybe a couple of hours in the evening depending when i hit the sack.

On the weekend it maybe more depending if we are out and about. I dont play high end stuff i just dont think it is possible with a job, family, friends etc...

I could be wrong though but WoW is low down on my priorities.

First of all, congrats on the new job.
On an average day, I play around 2-3 hours. Sometimes less, sometimes not at all.
Adult male, living with the girlfriend, full time job, no kids.
If you're working full time, it might be an idea to break from WoW until you're back in the work routine.

Going back to work is going to be exhausting compared to all day WoW.
I work full time and still play a lot
Usually for me that was around 2 to 4 hours an evening at most, bout the same as people watching TV. Sometimes it's 0, depending on wanting to do other things or just having more things to do at home/spending time elsewhere.

Weekends, well that would depend again what tasks you have to do or other hobbies you have.

Just make sure you can manage all things in life without stressing too much. Time management isn't the easiest and takes some practice for the majority of people.

Edit: and since you are not used of being employed... make sure to sleep well and eat well during the first half year. You'll have some catching up to do.
Moderate your timings.

Real life> WoW

WoW is a hobby for many others including myself it should never be a lifestyle.

If you are a raider schedule dates with your guild that suits you.

Play when you have time, WoW wont run away its always there and the more you wait to play it becomes a relief once u finally log.
Try to play WoW full day on a weekend if you dont have plans , play WoW for 4 hours after work.
It depends on your time and how you schedule things good luck
17/09/2018 18:28Posted by Aylmeric
If you're working full time, it might be an idea to break from WoW until you're back in the work routine.

Going back to work is going to be exhausting compared to all day WoW.

This.

Don't underestimate how much the first 3 or 4 weeks especially is going to take out of you. Your sleeping times will be messed up. You will be using more and different muscles and postures through the day.

Make the job your priority for at least the first month. Maybe you get an hour or two of WoW at night, but do not stay up late playing; you will end up feeling drained. After a few weeks, you will find a new rhythm that works for you, but assume at the start that you have zero time for WoW. Maybe after a while WoW will become less important to you anyhow. ;)
3-4 hours as long as the expantion is intended to be played daily
If you will not work shifts by 12 hours and the road back will not take more than 50 mins you ll have around 2-3 hours.
First time you'll probably have no energy on it, gonna be shocked how much less you did in wow and will miss it but really i think youll get into work process and it will be enough this time for you :)
Best way for me was to start work shifts in a place where i have some free time day time (shop) so i can take my laptop and stay in wow when i dont have any customers.

P.s. it will sort itself dont worry. Just give it 2-3 weeks so you find rythm of such life.
Hey, i have been unemployed for about 5 years and im used to play around 9-10 hours a day.

Don't know how you manage to sit down and play for that length of time.

I do an hour or 2 and then I'm off, either playing a different game or, 99% of the time, I go downstairs and watch telly.

The reason for my question is id like to know how you guys manage to play hours of wow after coming home from work and spending quality time aswell :P.

You get used to it in time.

Good luck for tomorrow anyways!
So you are already used to work 9-10h a day... real work will be a breeze.
Good advice in here such as from Thaellios, Grainne, Shopkeeper (especially Shopkeeper) and more. Kind of weak of some of you to try and educate the guy on how to live his life. He's asking for advice on how to manage his time, not an armchair psychologist session.

Good luck on your new job (and life) mate. My own advice is that you keep WoW to the weekends, if you have time off on saturdays/sundays that is. At least for the first few weeks or even months. If you then feel like you're being efficient in managing your time, you can try and push in WoW at times where you think it's best suited. Really, this will likely work itself out after a while for you.

Maybe you'll deem wow a waste of time, maybe you'll find that you enjoy WoW more since you'll have less time for it. Regardless I'm sure the outcome will be positive. Stay strong and take care.

First rule of addiction is admitting that you have one. Don't take the piss, at least he has a job (unlike some people in this world).
17/09/2018 18:21Posted by Modry
You need to realize the value of people. They are the most important resource on the planet and are hard to come by Hold on those you managed to get and spend as much time as you and they are comfortable with and can afford.

Wait human's are the most important resource on the planet ..
You sure bout that ?

To answer the OP, play as much as your life allows you, if there is no time to do something then you can't do it.. simple
Ok I'll be honest here ...

This all depends on you.

Whith a job and family I usually can play a few hurs two or three times a week ... (Including weekends)

However sometimes I play a bit more , sometimes a bit less , sometimes I skip a few month ...

So basically wow is something I do in my off hours to rewind ... When there is nothing better to do ...