New job tommorow but i dont know how much i should play

General
More important than how much you can play is defining your sleeping time, how many hours you need and at what time you should be in bed. You don't want to be sleep deprived, it will mess up your day. So play as much as you like as long as you make sure your sleeping enough.
17/09/2018 18:21Posted by Modry
You need to realize the value of people. They are the most important resource on the planet

I'd have to disagree. Wipe out 75% of the Human Race and humanity would be better off. Time is the most important resource.
17/09/2018 19:17Posted by Fordragon
You need to realize the value of people. They are the most important resource on the planet

I'd have to disagree. Wipe out 75% of the Human Race and humanity would be better off. Time is the most important resource.

Guess Mao Zedong, Stalin and Hitler were on to something afterall^^
Ok I must add this ...

WoW is a game ... It can be considerd as hobby ... Something you do in your spare time...

When you start working , you will see for yourself how much time you can spare playing games ...

Bottom line is don't worry too much about wow , even if you quit wow for a while , you can always come back when you get more free time to play ...

Since tbc I had many brakes from wow , some longer than a year ... And when I come back it's like I never left ...
Full time job and living alone, some I can play a lot sometimes I cant but in avg I can say 3 hours per day if my friends and family leave me alone.

I think he was talking about the people worth surounding yourself with.

Your thoughts are pretty nutters btw.
Gratz on the new job! I don't have any kids myself (I'm only 33... That's way to young to be having kids, right?)... Anyway, the other half and I both work full time so we try to spend as much of our evenings together as possible so I'd say I log in for maybe 1-1.5 hours on a weekday and maybe 2-3 hours on a weekend.
17/09/2018 19:34Posted by Espanca
Guess Mao Zedong, Stalin and Hitler were on to something afterall^^

Well Hitler did what he did because no other country would accept the Jews.

That is one bleak outlook you have, my dude...
My man, you said you were unemployed for 5 years, and you will have a new job tomorrow. Well congratulations on that, really big chance for you to improve your life. First of all focus on your work, and then your family needs.

Even playing for 9-10 hours a day is really too much. If you are a student, yeah just a young single guy, play until 3am 4am whatever.

I have experienced the same thing, yet I'm not a father yet, but family should be the first priority in your life. We play wow, we all do. Just don't start it as soon as you come back home from work. Give some time to your family. Wow should be the least thing in your life once you have the beloved ones.

Maybe you will feel really bored when you're not playing and time will not pass for you. Try to find another thing to occupy your time. Have a walk with your wife, take care of your child, go to gym, I don't know just do something. Just try to forget about ilvl or dungeon or raid whatever content you do. Only follow the lore if you're still interested.
17/09/2018 18:09Posted by Glaivedancer
Hey, i have been unemployed for about 5 years and im used to play around 9-10 hours a day. How many hours do you guys who have wife,children, and jobs play on average? Thanks. The reason for my question is id like to know how you guys manage to play hours of wow after coming home from work and spending quality time aswell :P.

Your real life family life should come first and foremost, these precious years with your kids are something you can never get back. WOW will always be there.

I am in the military, so I only mostly play about 2 hours each night, but after the kids are in bed . On the weekends it is family time. My wife plays WOW, but we mostly do it after a full day of family stuff on the weekends.
Hey, i have been unemployed for about 5 years and im used to play around 9-10 hours a day. How many hours do you guys who have wife,children, and jobs play on average? Thanks. The reason for my question is id like to know how you guys manage to play hours of wow after coming home from work and spending quality time aswell :P.

5years 10 hours a day and still only 8k achievement points..
Thanks a lot for all the helpful responses <3. And i appreciate all the comments truly.
17/09/2018 22:08Posted by Glaivedancer
Thanks a lot for all the helpful responses <3. And i appreciate all the comments truly.

I'm going to play devil's advocate and be painfully honest. You don't seem like you want to do the job and just play wow instead. Just quit WoW until your life is in order and you learned to live without it. It can destroy your life pretty quickly if you prioritize it above the actual important things in life. Wow is not important. Nor will mythic raiding get you a better job.
You are a normie now... rip.

WoW is a luxury it should always come last to everything else as a "reward" if you begin to prioritize it over other things such as work or family then you know you have a developing problem and is probably better if you don't play it at all.

but to answer your question ... 2 - 3 hours on and off with breaks on days where you can afford the time. (not everyday)
i work, but i have no wife or children, if i had those i doubt i'd have any time to play at all.
unless the wife played too, as that would still count as wife time lol
Wipe out 75% of the Human Race and humanity would be better off

no the planet would be