Allied Races: "Now go do a legacy raid"

General
12/09/2018 13:43Posted by Lxs
How so? I literally cant play the game in the same way as players who did it in legion the first time around. Its not a troll reply.
You can 'play it' just like anyone else has... the rewards being relatively meaningless is something else, entirely.

If you played any of Legion, & took a break, resuming where you left off upon returning was the only option for unlocking Allied Races being as meaningful as if you'd not taken said break. I sense that you took the L110 boost option to skip to BfA content (or otherwise chose to ignore the rest of Legion), so you shot yourself in the foot.
12/09/2018 13:50Posted by Eighjan
12/09/2018 13:43Posted by Lxs
How so? I literally cant play the game in the same way as players who did it in legion the first time around. Its not a troll reply.
You can 'play it' just like anyone else has... the rewards being relatively meaningless is something else, entirely.

If you played any of Legion, & took a break, resuming where you left off upon returning was the only option for unlocking Allied Races being as meaningful as if you'd not taken said break. I sense that you took the L110 boost option to skip to BfA content (or otherwise chose to ignore the rest of Legion), so you shot yourself in the foot.

Raid and dungeon finder doesnt work. Greater invasions dont work. I cant get into challenging 5 man dungeons (i had to go the entrance and solo them). I don't get rewards worth anything. I dont get any challenge. I cant use the Wow App for my class hall.

I cant play the game in the same way as people who played legion did.

You need to recallibrate your senses, I've been playing for over 10 years and took a break for Legion. i have 11 level 110s and this 120 :)
12/09/2018 13:33Posted by Eighjan
12/09/2018 13:09Posted by Lxs
I cant unlock them like they did - i have to solo dungeons and do loads of boring easy world quests that dont give any decent rewards. I'd love to do what you guys did :/
You just p***ed all over your entire argument with that Troll reply.
12/09/2018 13:11Posted by Bigbazz
I think it's a bad design to have new expansion content tied to old expansion rep grinds and quests to begin with, what were they thinking.
This specific point is mainly an issue for those who quit during Legion (and maybe some who have come back to the game after a longer break) & not resumed where they left off - if you're watching a series of TV shows/films & pause during one 'episode', do you then come back & watch the next one without finishing what you started? Why do it in WoW, then...?

This is a silly comparison, the bulk of the content you're doing to unlock these characters on alliance is farming rep on Argus via world quests. Player comes back to check out new expansion, new feature requires him/her to go back to the old expansion, unlock and farm trivial busywork content on a regular daily basis for weeks, content that has no other purpose or progression.

It's dumb, it's fine if it's content tied to the old expansion but it's not, the allied races are a BFA feature, people are fed up enough with farming world quests in the new expansion, let alone having to go back to an old expansion and do the same thing only for no relevant rewards.

It would be like tying flying in BFA zones to the Legion Pathfinder, returning players get screwed and players active during that expansion get a free pass, nobody gets new content.
12/09/2018 14:17Posted by Bigbazz
12/09/2018 13:33Posted by Eighjan
...You just p***ed all over your entire argument with that Troll reply....This specific point is mainly an issue for those who quit during Legion (and maybe some who have come back to the game after a longer break) & not resumed where they left off - if you're watching a series of TV shows/films & pause during one 'episode', do you then come back & watch the next one without finishing what you started? Why do it in WoW, then...?

This is a silly comparison, the bulk of the content you're doing to unlock these characters on alliance is farming rep on Argus via world quests. Player comes back to check out new expansion, new feature requires him/her to go back to the old expansion, unlock and farm trivial busywork content on a regular daily basis for weeks, content that has no other purpose or progression.

It's dumb, it's fine if it's content tied to the old expansion but it's not, the allied races are a BFA feature, people are fed up enough with farming world quests in the new expansion, let alone having to go back to an old expansion and do the same thing only for no relevant rewards.

Not our fault people skiped Legion and have no Allied races and also they arent exactly a requirement to play the game.
12/09/2018 11:28Posted by Starcross
They've removed Legion content from the Companion app. Not only does this quite clearly signal the end of Legion, but it also removes a source of rep linked to half of the allied races.

No, it doesn't. All you have to do is log in and send those missions.
12/09/2018 14:21Posted by Yolandass

Not our fault people skiped Legion and have no Allied races and also they arent exactly a requirement to play the game.

Its neither your fault nor your problem, so why keep complaining about it?

They're advertised as BFA content, yet they're not treated like that. The game you played is different now, so this doesn't concern you at all.
12/09/2018 14:25Posted by Dunsparrow
They've removed Legion content from the Companion app. Not only does this quite clearly signal the end of Legion, but it also removes a source of rep linked to half of the allied races.

No, it doesn't. All you have to do is log in and send those missions.

I'm lucky to have a mage with portals, it makes getting to Dalaran in the old legion content much easier.

That is a falsehood. The mission table is still in the game.

Right so that makes it good game design right? Is that what you're saying, give Blizz a pat on the back for great implementation of new expansion features?
12/09/2018 14:35Posted by Flarelaine

Nah man, they did remove legion from the companion app.
12/09/2018 14:35Posted by Flarelaine

It is.

However, the main function of the companion app is to allow players to manage follower missions without being ingame.

Yeah, I'll admit I'm ultra-casual these days, and have said it previously in this thread, and I don't expect to be handed allied races on a silver platter without putting any work in. I accept that I'll be behind in current content due to not playing as much. That includes the four allied races that are tied directly to BfA content.

My problem is with the other four. Not only do new/returning players have to grind old content, but by removing Legion functionality from the companion app, they've forced us to grind all of that old rep/content in game instead of enjoying the new content.
Wait wait wait... you want allied race but you don't want to do anything to earn it... Complain about quest, complain about rep, complain about everything... Just quit... You obviously don't deserve it...
12/09/2018 14:42Posted by Starcross
My problem is with the other four. Not only do new/returning players have to grind old content, but by removing Legion functionality from the companion app, they've forced us to grind all of that old rep/content in game instead of enjoying the new content.

Players, whether old, new or returning have to do the same content. "Old" is just a label. And "forced"... Please. I understand it is the word of the month but I doubt anyone is holding a gun to your head to make you do old content.
12/09/2018 15:31Posted by Flarelaine

Players, whether old, new or returning have to do the same content. "Old" is just a label. And "forced"... Please. I understand it is the word of the month but I doubt anyone is holding a gun to your head to make you do old content.

Sure, i'd happily do the same content in the way you did. However, the legacy content isnt the same now - it lacks challenge, rewards and support from the game's infrastructure (invasions/dungeons/companion app), all while being advertised as new BFA content.
Lxs - when you came back from your Legion break, did you got straight to BfA...? I suspect you did.
Did you go back to the last thing you did in Legion to continue where you left off? I suspect not.

That it the 'pause' analogy I posted earlier - you pressed stop on a paused episode & started the next episode, missing stuff out. Irrespective of being L110 & eligible to start BfA, why not continue where you were to get it out of the way before starting a new Expansion? Many will see it as a dumb way to approach things, and maybe it's only me the gets the 'pause' analogy, but there were two options on returning to WoW & you took the one that left you with the thinking you have now (old content... boring... pointless rewards...).

No wth man. We don't want new players to join us, also we don't want returning players to come back! We like our massive queues and overpopulated servers because all other servers are empty!
Who cares that Allied races is what Blizzard sold their (unfinished) product by.

Seriously... This defending of the horrible system that blizzard forgot to consider would happen is just stupid.
When it is an old expansion, it should be easier. It makes no sense that people have to jump through annoying and difficult hoops, and spend ages of (gated)time, when we other's got it almost automatically just by playing the game when it was current!
12/09/2018 17:19Posted by Eighjan
Lxs - when you came back from your Legion break, did you got straight to BfA...? I suspect you did.
Did you go back to the last thing you did in Legion to continue where you left off? I suspect not.

That it the 'pause' analogy I posted earlier - you pressed stop on a paused episode & started the next episode, missing stuff out. Irrespective of being L110 & eligible to start BfA, why not continue where you were to get it out of the way before starting a new Expansion? Many will see it as a dumb way to approach things, and maybe it's only me the gets the 'pause' analogy, but there were two options on returning to WoW & you took the one that left you with the thinking you have now (old content... boring... pointless rewards...).

Nah man, stop making assumptions - i came back a month or so early, levelled up 5 characters from 100 to 110 and already had 60% revered in Highmountain.
Well requiring players to grind legacy expansion reputatation is quite bad.
Argussian Reach for Void Elf is a nightmare. I did that grind in spring and it was burnout inducing. So many dull daily quests giving only like 75 rep per one.

At least let us boost it by making those Legion REP gain items BOE... You know which ones, there's this +200% rep for 2 hours thingy and also the +1000 rep for every legion faction thing.

WOD has an identical thing (+1000 to all) and this one is BOE...cost about 5k a pop on AH...

Legion is good for hunting achievements, collecting transmog items....but grind daily quests? What the hell. All those rewards are obsolete now. Even mats you gather in the world are nearly worthless.
12/09/2018 15:12Posted by Thwarin
Wait wait wait... you want allied race but you don't want to do anything to earn it... Complain about quest, complain about rep, complain about everything... Just quit... You obviously don't deserve it...

Tell me what exactly did you have to do to play a Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Monk, Worgen, Goblin, Pandaren?

Exactly... Stop defending Blizzard on stupid rep-gated expansion features, which are advertised as full accessible features you pay for. Yet almost no one will eventually have access to all the features this expansion has to offer. The grind is too big of an effort and should've been accessible from the start. I understood why the first allied races were rep-locked because it had some value with pre-expansion purchases. The only stupid option were the Argus rep requirements because of the rep-grinding you had to do. High Mountain and Suramar usually was already close to revered exalted because people played those almost the entire expansion.

So they manage to give out new allied races at launch. You have to grind weeks (2 weeks if you hardcore do all your WQ's daily) Or 4-6 weeks if you casually do them. Then you unlock 1 race and to get the heritage armor you also have to lvl that char from 20-120 without a boost which also takes up loads of time. So if you're a hard working father of 2 children that manages to scrap an hour or sometimes 2 hours a day you can imagine that it's hardly "fun" to do this.

I had fun in MoP. You know why? The moment that expansion hit I was a level 1 Pandaren Monk leveling all the way up to 90. Enjoying the full list of expansion features from the get go. No rep gating, no time consuming world quests that stood in the way of enjoying this new content.

The exact same thing with Legion. Expansion hit and I was a 98 Demon hunter fighting for the honor of Illidan. It was great! Death knights? You guessed it, I was that super strong DK making trouble in outlands being too OP to be killed.

So what changed?
13/09/2018 10:15Posted by Gorecopter
12/09/2018 15:12Posted by Thwarin

Tell me what exactly did you have to do to play a Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Monk, Worgen, Goblin, Pandaren?

Exactly... Stop defending Blizzard on stupid rep-gated expansion features, which are advertised as full accessible features you pay for. Yet almost no one will eventually have access to all the features this expansion has to offer. The grind is too big of an effort and should've been accessible from the start. I understood why the first allied races were rep-locked because it had some value with pre-expansion purchases. The only stupid option were the Argus rep requirements because of the rep-grinding you had to do. High Mountain and Suramar usually was already close to revered exalted because people played those almost the entire expansion.

So they manage to give out new allied races at launch. You have to grind weeks (2 weeks if you hardcore do all your WQ's daily) Or 4-6 weeks if you casually do them. Then you unlock 1 race and to get the heritage armor you also have to lvl that char from 20-120 without a boost which also takes up loads of time. So if you're a hard working father of 2 children that manages to scrap an hour or sometimes 2 hours a day you can imagine that it's hardly "fun" to do this.

I had fun in MoP. You know why? The moment that expansion hit I was a level 1 Pandaren Monk leveling all the way up to 90. Enjoying the full list of expansion features from the get go. No rep gating, no time consuming world quests that stood in the way of enjoying this new content.

The exact same thing with Legion. Expansion hit and I was a 98 Demon hunter fighting for the honor of Illidan. It was great! Death knights? You guessed it, I was that super strong DK making trouble in outlands being too OP to be killed.

So what changed?

It says quite clearly that you have to earn the allied races and unlock the quest to play them.

You do not have to level them 20 to 110 without a boost unless you want the heritage armour which is cosmetic only.

You couldn't play a DK unless you had a level 55 (?) Character and you couldn't play a DH unless you had a level 100 character. Plus they are classes not races.

The allied races from legion can be gotten with more than just WQs you also have dungeon runs for highmountain, emmisary, insignias for them all and two weekly quests for lightforged and void elf.

On an android phone there is a way to roll back the version of the app so it uses the legion mission table. I don't know the way but it can be done.