World of Elfcraft???

General
16/09/2018 12:10Posted by Amnastária
Elves are the backbone of high fantasy. Those that can't understand that, can go play a shooter. Or fifa2000 - no elves there.

Sure. But more elves for the sake of it, disregarding the ones we already have and letting them stagnate in the story, is atrocious. I'd sell ten potential elven races in return for the current elves getting some attention in the narrative.
I wouldn't mind the void elves, which were an %$!pull with one of the worst stories possible, getting scrapped in favor of proper high elves or another group of alliance elves with more logical story.

Not that Blizzard would ever do it.
Blood Elves and Night Elves were perfectly fine. I think things are getting a little bit silly now.

So yeah, no more elves.
A lot of people agree with you. High elves are not needed. It's literally just Blood Elves with blue eyes, it's such a lazy recolour that's not worth it, I'd prefer new races or y'know... a !@#$in' Worgen rework.
Its the same reason the majority of big games feature a middle-aged, short brown/dark haired man with stubble. Almost always white.
Most people are boring & lack any sort of imagination.
They always want what is familiar.

Personally I wonna play a a big moose man, or a werewolf, or a unique looking troll with a Jamaican accent.
I wonna quest with tentacle faced space goats & drunken panda people.

If I wanted elves & dwarves I have literally every fantasy game ever made.
Humans, close to every game ever made.
People that are sure that the only difference between high and blood elves is "muh eye color" an "muh model", then call other people shallow. .

Irony at its best.

Even better then a toad croaking in the swamp and looks down upon the nightingale because "it is not original like me".
blood elfs were a horrible mistake!

the only way to fix this elf s*** show, they need to be moved to alliance where they belong. oh and that will also fix faction imbalance as a side effect.

you can thank me later, for my brilliant solution.
Let's bring in the Ogres to stomp on these elves!
New regulations. Elf n safety.
We have:

Alliance and Horde Night Elves
Alliance and Horde Blood Elves.

We don't need anymore Elves as playable. Blizzard are quite clear on their High Elf stance so - deal with it.
16/09/2018 14:46Posted by Azakosh
Let's bring in the Ogres to stomp on these elves!

I could list half a dozen races that I'd rather see than more elves. Mind you, truth be told, I'd rather we dialed down on the new races and expanded on lore and customization for the ones we already have.

Give the blood elves a blue eye option. Give the orcs a red fel orc skin, give the Forsaken an undead elf/dark ranger model, give humans more beards -- hell, give us more hairstyles across every single race and gender. And for the love of all that is good and just, do something about the worgen.
Yea god forbid people play something they actually like amirite?
16/09/2018 15:57Posted by Redoctober
Yea god forbid people play something they actually like amirite?

I mean. I mainly play elves and enjoy them loads, but I wouldn't want more of them any time soon.
I'd love to have sexy time with elves, but that's about it.
I can't be a hero looking like some fashion week dropout. Please.

"I'm so elegant"

Btw a woman has every right to play a female elf. And do all this transmog shopping stuff, that's what they do IRL.
But as a dude with a healthy set of hemispheres, if you don't feel strange having every single of your chars be female elves, then something's wrong with you.

I get tomb raider. But an MMO is a game where you somewhat identify with your chars, IMO.
What exactly is 'and stuff'?
Also, High Elves have been in the game since forever. How can you add something to the game when it's already there? ;)
2) Aside from trolls they are the oldest race

Erm no, that would be tauren.
16/09/2018 16:12Posted by Taurontino
But an MMO is a game where you somewhat identify with your chars, IMO.

I don't.

I play what I find looks coolest. It has no reflection on me.

I mean, are you a big bull IRL because that certainly wouldn't be a thing that turns women on.

Btw a woman has every right to play a female elf. And do all this transmog shopping stuff, that's what they do IRL.
But as a dude with a healthy set of hemispheres, if you don't feel strange having every single of your chars be female elves, then something's wrong with you.

So a woman shouldn't play something manly, like a Tauren or Orc and a man shouldn't play as an elf because you said so?

We're way past those old days of freakish men telling people what they should play and what they should enjoy.
16/09/2018 16:19Posted by Minairia
But an MMO is a game where you somewhat identify with your chars, IMO.

I don't.

I mean, are you a big bull IRL because that certainly wouldn't be a thing that turns women on.

So a woman shouldn't play something manly, like a Tauren or Orc and a man shouldn't play as an elf because you said so?

We're way past those old days of freakish men telling people what they should play and what they should enjoy.

Im not telling anyone what to do. You can dress up as a baby for all I care.
To me, it's just disturbing. And in general, the people I met who had only female elves were the weirdest dudes who's browser history I wouldn't wanna touch for all the money in the universe.
16/09/2018 16:26Posted by Taurontino
16/09/2018 16:19Posted by Minairia

I don't.

Im not telling anyone what to do. You can dress up as a baby for all I care.
To me, it's just disturbing. And in general, the people I met who had only female elves were the weirdest dudes who's browser history I wouldn't wanna touch for all the money in the universe.

And I find it more freaky that your trying to personalize yourself into some avatar that isn't real. Your not a big male cow IRL. If you personify that as you, then I think your internet browser history is also very, very strange.

So I take it, a woman who plays a big Orc or Tauren must also have a pretty queer internet browser history.