Dreadwake mount

General
Its in the store atm, you get it free if you buy 6 month game time. Not my cup of tea really, might have considered it if it was 3 month maybe but 6 month seems a bit steep to me.

Limited time it says anyway, stuff knows for how long.
How is this going to work if you're already on a 6 monthly charged recurring subscription. I've literally just had mine renew this week....So I can't stop my sub and buy this then resub...

Well done Blizz.
Ah, the old "here's a shiny carrot, buy tons of game time even though the game is !@#$ right now so we can show $$$ figures to our shareholders" bit.
well, dammit! My sub is payed by direct debit automatically....but I want the mount!

Blizz??......
19/09/2018 19:20Posted by Aervont
How is this going to work if you're already on a 6 monthly charged recurring subscription. I've literally just had mine renew this week....So I can't stop my sub and buy this then resub...

Well done Blizz.

If you have a 6 month recurring sub, check your gift-button in the Battle.net launcher it should be there.
This mount is a disgrace.

The fact that there are already in-game cash mounts in a game you have to pay a subscription to play is bad enough; the point of paying the subscription is to have access to the game's content. This isn't a free-to-play game. But this is an embarrassing, desperate cash grab, in an expansion where players are already upset that they're getting yet more boring horse mounts. I assume this came straight from Activision headquarters-- gotta keep those subscription numbers up somehow, because the content of the rushed-out expansion certainly isn't going to.
It doesn't float like a strider mount does on water, imo it should have water speed when you go over water it's a SHIP for crying out loud!
19/09/2018 19:43Posted by Baltasar
It doesn't float like a strider mount does on water, imo it should have water speed when you go over water it's a SHIP for crying out loud!

they should really think that one over.. i mean why in the world can't flying mounts at least just hover over the water? even before pathfinder.
Looking at it more, it looks like the blizzcon mount with a few bells and whistles added but somehow they made it even uglier.
19/09/2018 19:28Posted by Silvona
19/09/2018 19:20Posted by Aervont

Well done Blizz.

If you have a 6 month recurring sub, check your gift-button in the Battle.net launcher it should be there.

thanks for tip. I just claimed mine.

I had cancelled my subscription recently.
So I have a 6 month recurring subscription, do I get the mount?
19/09/2018 19:43Posted by Baltasar
Not worth it then. That would be the only reason for me to buy it.
19/09/2018 19:50Posted by Yeviat

That's how it worked for me.

Edit: LOL, press space when you have the mount out. The ship starts firing cannons. Funny!
19/09/2018 19:52Posted by Dunsparrow
19/09/2018 19:50Posted by Yeviat

That's how it worked for me.

Woohoo !!
Its in the store atm, you get it free if you buy 6 month game time. Not my cup of tea really, might have considered it if it was 3 month maybe but 6 month seems a bit steep to me.

Limited time it says anyway, stuff knows for how long.

What a sneaky way to retain subs.

"OH MY GOD GUYS! SUPER LIMITED MOUNT! YOU BETTER SUB NOW!"

How's it limited if it's digital? Doesn't that mean there's an endless number available?

"Uhh... If you don't buy it soon, we miiight take it off the store."

Calling it now, it'll still be available this time next year.
Just read this:

Update: Just got off the phone with Blizzard CS, and they just confirmed the following:

"It looks like the mount will come back in the future as a normal in-game shop mount (probably $25 as usual), but this is just an extra incentive, since it's (Talk Like a) Pirate Day, that if you buy the bundle of game time, you get it for free with a discounted prepaid game time bundle"

So if you want it for free, great, go get it with some discounted time. If you want to wait and spend $25(+?) on the mount with no game time, go right ahead and wait.

I probably still wont buy it since i dont have any store mounts, because i know i'll never use them.

19/09/2018 19:53Posted by Subbie
Calling it now, it'll still be available this time next year.

Seems we posted at the same time, yeah its looks like you're right.
Another tiny flying boat. They look pretty stupid flying around on land.
Just in time for International Talk Like a Pirate Day, we’re celebrating all things pirate with a special limited-time offer*. Purchase 180 Days Game Time in the Shop, and you’ll also receive the epic new Dreadwake mount free! The Dreadwake mount will then arrive as a stand-alone mount in the Blizzard Shop and in-game shop sometime in 2019.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/22514561/celebrate-international-talk-like-a-pirate-day-in-style

That's a pitiful attempt at trying to keep players subscribed. If you don't like the game right now please don't resubscribe for 6 months only because of this mount, as they said in the announcement you will be able to buy it seperately in the shop anyways.
They should make that clear on the shop page but I guess people who normaly don't wouldn't buy the 6 month sub then.

Last time I bought a subscription for more than a month I absolutely regretted it and I'm not going to do it again.
Seems like a desperate move to me. Expansion just started and also falling down realy fast looks like many peoples canceled subs? BLIZZ ,,lets make a mount and sell it with game time we gona have peoples subbed for next 6 months till we think something or we make another mount and sell it again to keep them playing,, thats just sad...
Blizzard are masters in extracting money from idiots