Old models please

General
I want the old character models that would be really really cool :)))))))))))))

Since I can't PvP like in MoP because you killed arenas, or rather dug up its body after legion and stabbed it a few times again before burrying it facedown, can I at least pretend like I'm playing MoP with the old models? I don't need these fancy-!@# animations for it either since that appears to be screwing things up.

Also old shadowform would be great tyty
no, i don't want extra useless textures bloating my HDD
23/09/2018 11:43Posted by Seråph

It's an easy on and off trigger? You won't see the old models unless you want to, just like it was in Legion

Also if your computer is that !@#$, maybe you should actually listen to when bnet tells you your computer isn't good enough?
Same,I liked the old models more than the current ones. Why did they remove them,I have no idea..
"I want models!"
"I want new heriatge armor!"
"I want new allied races!""

Good job Ion, you've turned WOW into a fashion show. FFS
23/09/2018 11:55Posted by Taurontino
"I want models!"
"I want new heriatge armor!"
"I want new allied races!""

Good job Ion, you've turned WOW into a fashion show. FFS
What are you talking about? No one wants ugly heritage armors and copy pasted allied races. Old models were in game in Legion and they removed them for no reason.
23/09/2018 11:49Posted by Kidexe
It's an easy on and off trigger? You won't see the old models unless you want to, just like it was in Legion

They want the game to move forward, along with not having to rig/map armour to almost double the amount of models.

Allied Races would also have to be created for them, it just wouldn't work anymore.

23/09/2018 11:59Posted by Humanpyah
No one wants ugly heritage armors and copy pasted allied races.

Pretty sure you'd find a lot of people want the Heritages. I have my Nightborne one and am working on the Mag'har, they all look really cool.

23/09/2018 11:59Posted by Humanpyah
Old models were in game in Legion and they removed them for no reason.

It wasn't "no reason", why are you making this up?
23/09/2018 11:43Posted by Seråph

Also if your computer is that !@#$, maybe you should actually listen to when bnet tells you your computer isn't good enough?

Bnet says nothing about my computer - i just don't want sub par copies of existing textures bloating my HDD,

i will never use them they look awful, why should we have x2 of every texture just because you want to play a game that looks like its on an N64
23/09/2018 12:08Posted by Seråph

Bnet says nothing about my computer - i just don't want sub par copies of existing textures bloating my HDD,

i will never use them they look awful, why should we have x2 of every texture just because you want to play a game that looks like its on an N64

You played before BfA right? Then you already had them and you didn't have any issues then did you?
Allied Races would also have to be created for them, it just wouldn't work anymore

HUH? You think we need... old models.. for the.. allied races?
23/09/2018 12:12Posted by Kidexe

You played before BfA right? Then you already had them and you didn't have any issues then did you?

i did, thats why i'm happy they're gone
23/09/2018 12:13Posted by Kidexe
HUH? You think we need... old models.. for the.. allied races?

To create consistency? What's the point of old models if a lot of characters are running around as Allied Races. They aren't going to create textures/models for the Allied Races akin to the old models.

Besides it's mostly the other point in that gear would have to be rigged to two sets of models. There's no point in it anymore, the old models look like crap in modern WoW now but they'll be back for Classic.

What Blizz should work on though is more customization options for everyone :p
23/09/2018 12:08Posted by Seråph

Nothing sub par about them. Even if so; it works 2 ways; my hdd has utterly bad designed new models.

Its not an argument.

23/09/2018 11:55Posted by Taurontino
Good job Ion, you've turned WOW into a fashion show

You do realize we want back what we already had... So your entire comparison along the lines that we want new things, is wrong!

They want the game to move forward, along with not having to rig/map armour to almost double the amount of models.

The ppl asking for the old models do not want the game to not move forward. We want the animations back that we had bc they were far better than most of the new ones. We want the faces back that we had, bc they were far better than the new ones.
Now, we can discuss AGAIN why the old models are superior to the new ones, but really, do i have to do that every time?
If Bliz had done their job right the first time, nobody would be complaining. And that is bc the faces would be the same, but with more detail.
They screwed up big time here and ppl will keep pointing that out. And that is mainly because the new models are SO badly made.

Fully agree with OP; either redo the damn thing proper, or put back the old models, or at least bring back the option switch.
23/09/2018 12:23Posted by Akurenia
To create consistency? What's the point of old models if a lot of characters are running around as Allied Races.

Thats utter non sense. You even know what you are talking about?
23/09/2018 12:23Posted by Akurenia
To create consistency? What's the point of old models if a lot of characters are running around as Allied Races. They aren't going to create textures/models for the Allied Races akin to the old models.

I honestly don't give a !@#$ how others around me look, just want the old models on my own character
23/09/2018 12:42Posted by Oer
We want the animations back that we had bc they were far better than most of the new ones. We want the faces back that we had, bc they were far better than the new ones.

Talking for the masses and representing subjectivity as fact? That really isn't a great way to respond to an argument >_<

My personal view though is that the old ones were blocky, stiff and emotionless. I respect your opinion but that's mine at least.

23/09/2018 12:42Posted by Oer
If Bliz had done their job right the first time, nobody would be complaining. And that is bc the faces would be the same, but with more detail.

I doubt any 3d model would've been able to replicate the old ones and it's pretty simple as to why imo; the old faces were all 2D textures. If the new ones were just HD textures they probably would've looked hilarious, or terrible, or both.

Like I mentioned earlier though I'd love to see more customization options because I feel like we're lacking a bit, especially considering what Blizz could do with them.

23/09/2018 12:44Posted by Oer
Thats utter non sense. You even know what you are talking about?

Enlighten me as to how you've come up with that deduction? Allied Races would be using newer models unless they re-made them all with the old model aesthetics.

It'd be like MoP all over again where you have all these blocky people with 2d faces running around, next to fully rigged Pandaren having more polygons than most of the old ones combined.

Sure some don't care but a lot do (there were numerous complaints about it on the forums of old) and it just looks... strange.

23/09/2018 12:49Posted by Kidexe
I honestly don't give a !@#$ how others around me look, just want the old models on my own character

And that isn't going to bring them back unfortunately. Like I mentioned before it's very likely a workload thing, but it could just be the "Moving forwards instead of back" movement they have going.
I thought there was an option toggle for this in the menus? i know there was when I was playing my draenei in legion
23/09/2018 12:14Posted by Seråph
23/09/2018 12:12Posted by Kidexe

i did, thats why i'm happy they're gone

Is your PC so bad it can't cope with a few extra textures ... or are you just being awkward for the sake or it.
23/09/2018 12:57Posted by Blindingsun
I thought there was an option toggle for this in the menus? i know there was when I was playing my draenei in legion

Yeah they removed it in bfa because they couldn't be arsed with making it compatible with the new models, not that they needed to tbh. If you toggled it in Legion, most of the models were the new ones anyways so yeah, it was just stupid imo.

I don't need the new animations anyways, I prefer the old models over them.
Talking for the masses and representing subjectivity as fact? That really isn't a great way to respond to an argument >_<

Obviously i was speaking for the ppl that want old models...
So this boat doesnt sail.

My personal view though is that the old ones were blocky, stiff and emotionless. I respect your opinion but that's mine at least.

I dont care about opinions.
Its about facts.

Now i could point out again why the new models are so bad, but i cant do that here, bc it takes much too long. Ask a decent painter and he will point it out to you.

I doubt any 3d model would've been able to replicate the old ones and it's pretty simple as to why imo; the old faces were all 2D textures. If the new ones were just HD textures they probably would've looked hilarious, or terrible, or both.

Right. So you have no idea what you are talking about.

Enlighten me as to how you've come up with that deduction? Allied Races would be using newer models unless they re-made them all with the old model aesthetics.

New races have absolutely nothing to do with old models. Its not like a video card/software cannot implement shapes with different amount of pixels or polygons. And thats not even relevant, bc you could remake old models in the exact same style with more pixels and polygons and no one would notice a difference.

It'd be like MoP all over again where you have all these blocky people with 2d faces running around, next to fully rigged Pandaren having more polygons than most of the old ones combined.

They werent 2d. Dont lie to try to make a point. Yes they had less polygons, but hey, ive got news for you:
More polygons does NOT mean it is artistically or graphically better. Not at all.

And now im at it, ill explain a bit why:
A good artist can create a face with a fitting expression with 10 draws of a pen. You can use 1000 draws of the same pen, and not get anywhere near his quality.
Capiche?

The new models for old models are amateuristic at best. I doubt there was even an artist involved. Its the work of a computer graphic scholar with bad eyesight at best. Which is why they are so bad.

Amount of pixels or polygons doesnt mean a damn thing if you cant paint.

Sure some don't care but a lot do (there were numerous complaints about it on the forums of old) and it just looks... strange.

Ive been on this forum for many years. Yes there were ppl complaining (as always) that Blizz utilized the extended graphic options in this field. Nothing wrong with that, its a normal development. But the result was disastrous, which lead to a contiuous production of threads about this. And it is more than justified.
Its also the reason Blizzard gave in and made the option to switch. Ppl were actually quitting wow over it. And now they removed it, to again try to shove this crap down our throats. I can promise you this will not end, untill they do their work proper.