Warlocks >PVE< Are they ok?

Warlock
Again, speaking strictly from a PVE perspective.

I know Warlocks have issues atm, but PvE wise, are they okay'ish?
I want to be a ranged class, but I have a hard time picking one.

MM is BAD
Spriest is Bad
Ele is BADBAD atm

I feel that everybody and his mom plays BM hunter or Mage

So where is lock in all of this?
There's only affli locks in PvE. Destro sucks !@#, demo sucks $%^ even more so.
There's only affli locks in PvE. Destro sucks !@#, demo sucks $%^ even more so.
Dont listen to them :) pve wise, locks are fine. Not top tier atm, but that can all Change with patches as seen before:)

However if you always base your opinions on what others think, say or do, you will never get very good results. FOTM is bittersweet - always ;)

Find something that appeals to you - something that you have a fun time playing. No matter what state warlocks are in numbers vise, I know I will always love logging on my lock to burn down scum with my fel fire;)
Affli on bosses is top tier, Affli on trash is bottom tier.

If you're looking to do a lot of M+, affli may not be the choice for you, it takes so long to find a group who will take an affliction warlock into mythics. So unless you're raiding with a guild, and have guildmates to run M+ with you, I'd possibly consider a different class.

I think the main problem with warlocks is peoples perception of them. There are too many bad warlocks about, giving decent warlocks bad rep. In Mythics overall damage I am always top 2 at least, and absolute top on bosses, but still can't get invites about 80%+ of the time.
15/09/2018 17:56Posted by Shadowgrasp
Dont listen to them :) pve wise, locks are fine. Not top tier atm, but that can all Change with patches as seen before:)
That's incorrect.

Demo lock is still trash tier.

Destruction is slightly ahead.

But why take a demo lock / destruction, if your affliction lock can do an extra 4-5k extra dps?
Only affliction okay in pve others bad.
Awwh thats such a shame, because it is the Demo I am in love with. I would be willing to run Destro as well... But Affli and I, we never really get a long for some reason.

Man, thats just too bad i guess :<
Looking for any sort of updates on buffing Demo, I see posts asking this as far back as 2016 ... wonder if it will ever happen lol.

Guess I am going mage or hunter then :<
16/09/2018 22:05Posted by Lexie
Looking for any sort of updates on buffing Demo, I see posts asking this as far back as 2016 ... wonder if it will ever happen lol.

I'm sure I heard something about 8.1 being the patch where they are doing big updates on the crappy specs. I assume demo will be one?
16/09/2018 22:43Posted by Calpiggles
16/09/2018 22:05Posted by Lexie

I'm sure I heard something about 8.1 being the patch where they are doing big updates on the crappy specs. I assume demo will be one?

Unless "it's working as intended".
Demo was REALLY good in late beta. SO many people wanted to roll Demo, and I was sure that we would maybe finally have our time in the light... Till the nerfhammer got brought in, and it all got to be about Affliction (again).

I had a dream, that maybe Affli and destro would be the good spec for Raiding and Demo the good one for M+ and the like.
I don't need it to be the top of all our spec, I just want it to be good enough to be accepted into at LEAST one of the endgame activities xD
I have no problems getting into M+ groups in PUG's as demo. As long as people see you doing massive damage at any point (easy with Demonic Strength and a big Implosion) and you're not dying or pulling random !@#$, they generally don't question you.
The only question I do get a lot is "How is demo at the moment?" Of course the answer is just OK but a bit underpowered.

15/09/2018 19:34Posted by Museki
Demo lock is still trash tier.

I actually have my Details nickname as Trash Tier right now :D
Affliction is top tier. One of the best classes performance-wise right now.
Strictly pve speaking, locks are very solid at the moment. Affliction is well suited for any sort of fight which lasts a long while, and destruction holds decently in all situations if youre not a mythic raider, while also shoring up aff's weakness of burst.
Hey,

I've only played a few hours on my warlock after a long break from wow so I just getting used to all the changes. I played for a few hours last night as demonology and it was a blast. My gears crap, I've probably got the wrong talents and I'm sure I'm screwing up my rotation but I had bloody fun doing it. Leveled from 110 to 112 in a few hours, got some rares down, got my first foothold etc and just generally tried to get used to playing again. Just have fun and change your talents and spec around and play how you like. Forget all the guides and figure out what works for your play style.