How to "fix" Enhancement the easy way

Shaman
This suggestion is based on the current iteration of enhancement shaman and if blizzard is planning a big rework then it is obsolete. BUT.. IMO there is some easy ways they could make enhance viable in most types of content and alot more fun to play just by shifting some talents around. With the right PVP talents enhancement actually feels pretty all right and more thematicly correct because of the wild nature of thunder. Makeing these talents baseline skills would go a long way IMO:

-Ride the Lightning
-Static Cling
-Forked Lightning

This coupled with something i personaly think would spice up the rotation and make our burst AoE pretty ok while also lessen our reliance on RNG a bit:

-Earthen Spike, Baseline
-Casting Earthen spike now has 100% chance to Proc Stormbringer
-Sundering, replaceing old Earthen spike
-Fury of the earth (new lvl 90 talent) -Earthen spike now hits enemies within x yards of the target.

Oh and also:
-Elemental Spirit should not be RNG and always spawn one lightning and one fire spirit.

And remember, numbers can always be tuned if this would be to strong. BUT i belive it wouldent be and either way this would make things more interesting and engageing and not "as" RNG reliant while still maintaining the right feel.

This is the version of Enhancement i would like to play!
if we get those 3 pvp talents base line enh gonna top everything by miles lol. i mean we wont have competition
18/09/2018 20:40Posted by Jpeg
-Earthen spike now has 100% chance to Proc Stormbringer

and if we also get this, i think ppl will stack enh shammy in raids lmao
-Earthen spike now has 100% chance to Proc Stormbringer

and if we also get this, i think ppl will stack enh shammy in raids lmao

Haha good catch! Its was poor wording on my part, fixed it now. What i ment was that when you cast Earthen spike you get one proc, not that the debuff itself constantly procs it
18/09/2018 22:00Posted by Petajensenqt
if we get those 3 pvp talents base line enh gonna top everything by miles lol

Maybe all of them would be over the top, im not so sure it would be overpowerd tho. But if it would be i also put them in order of relevance as i aspecialy think "Ride the lightning" should be baseline as it would both bump up our single target dps aswell as giveing us better cleave and AoE without more setup. Forked lightning is just so thematicly cool and static cling is just more dmg on single target (mainly).
In pvp (3v3) both ride the lighting and forked lighting are top dmg by far. I'm telling you, if we get those as baseline we gonna destroy the meters. I wouldn't mind this changes ofc :D. On top of that if we get earthen spike as baseline as well, hands down we gonna top logs.

If u ask me, I love the elemental blast we had in MoP. Idk, just crossed my mind
18/09/2018 23:28Posted by Petajensenqt
In pvp (3v3) both ride the lighting and forked lighting are top dmg by far. I'm telling you, if we get those as baseline we gonna destroy the meters. I wouldn't mind this changes ofc :D. On top of that if we get earthen spike as baseline as well, hands down we gonna top logs.

You might be right or you might be wrong(probably right haha). However, pvp battles are not an accurate messurement of DPS as your upptime is severely reduced and as a melee, an automatic rangespell will there for have a higher procentage of damage done.

If you however equip those talents and go fight a rare you will see that (at least for me) Chain lightning(RTL) does about 70% of what my mainhand stormstrike does. As stormstrike(mainhand) is about 15% of our total dmg this would be a single target buff of about 10% give or take. Couple in the other talents and what i spoke of and nerf our overall dmg output by a few % and we would be balanced and a lot more fun to play in all aspects of the game (IMO).
18/09/2018 23:28Posted by Petajensenqt
If u ask me, I love the elemental blast we had in MoP. Idk, just crossed my mind

Yeah Those insta casts hitting like a truck haha
Make Ride the Lightning a buff you have to use, so you get 10 or so seconds of stormstrike chain lightning.
I personally would have liked an option for more survival. I do not know exactly how L120 well geared enhancement does, but earlier do I feel like the most paperlike character I've leveled the last 3 years.

I think, if I could ask for something, would it be a talent line where it was a clear choice between good survivability and some damage.

I like the current action feeling (although bit visually splashy, but I guess that is a trend in many games).

Example:
If hit by direct attack, spell, pet, or other offensive ability, will the attacker suffer air attacks that lowers attack speed with 10%. This increases up to -30% attack speed after multiple attacks.

Why this: I want to avoid the same same as everyone else got, like bubble, damage shield ("reflecting damage") and pure damage mitigation.
It solves two things, in my opinion. Enhancement won't be the first to be ganked in PvP, but with a twist. For the attackers will this mean that attacking will have consequences (for the potential duration of the debuff). In PvE would it help actually quest bit more efficiently without being actually tanky, but with some group efforts add something uniquely useful to the group.
Just roll back to WoD Enh Shaman its done right
They just need to reduce the RNG, that will make the class more friendly and increase the scaling of the class, SS procs sounds feel good not required. currently the dmg is Ok though, it could be a litle better, butnumber tweaks arent really needed
I like the idea of earth shield being baseline. Then using a talent row to modify it to add armour, movement speed or damage.

Similar idea with storm strike, have it offer changes so there is an aoe option, cleave and debuff option

Certainly just having a bit more survivability would help
sounds !@#$ing amazing and a lot of fun. the more lightning the better
21/09/2018 05:34Posted by Destroyevski
I personally would have liked an option for more survival. I do not know exactly how L120 well geared enhancement does, but earlier do I feel like the most paperlike character I've leveled the last 3 years.

I think, if I could ask for something, would it be a talent line where it was a clear choice between good survivability and some damage.

I like the current action feeling (although bit visually splashy, but I guess that is a trend in many games).

Example:
If hit by direct attack, spell, pet, or other offensive ability, will the attacker suffer air attacks that lowers attack speed with 10%. This increases up to -30% attack speed after multiple attacks.

Why this: I want to avoid the same same as everyone else got, like bubble, damage shield ("reflecting damage") and pure damage mitigation.
It solves two things, in my opinion. Enhancement won't be the first to be ganked in PvP, but with a twist. For the attackers will this mean that attacking will have consequences (for the potential duration of the debuff). In PvE would it help actually quest bit more efficiently without being actually tanky, but with some group efforts add something uniquely useful to the group.

I understand why you dont want the same as everyone else to keep the class special. The problem with this fix is that it would most likely not fix the issue.

-In PVP more then defensives we need mobility. Its absurd that in the same world as monk and demon hunter we have a Melee class with only Ghostwolf and a talent to reach Kiteing classes. A melee that cant melee is useless, even if can do some healing.

-In PVE the problem is at higher keys some bossmechanics means you need to soak som dmg and same thing for harder raiding fights. This means that 1 2min CD wont cut it and you will die more then classes that has there defensives spread out or just basicly more of them.
21/09/2018 08:23Posted by Xyience
Just roll back to WoD Enh Shaman its done right

Only if they also gave us some AoE or we would be dead weight in todays PVE. And TBH i kinda like this version of enhance aswell, it just need some tweeks as it has a fair share of flaws, but the core is decently fun.
21/09/2018 18:18Posted by Vilklad
They just need to reduce the RNG, that will make the class more friendly and increase the scaling of the class, SS procs sounds feel good not required. currently the dmg is Ok though, it could be a litle better, butnumber tweaks arent really needed

I dont mind the RNG as i dont feel it that often i stand there without a button to press and i kiinda dont mind the spamming SS part. What i do want is that moment of controlled burst as that is needed from time to time, and that is why i think the Earthen spike changes i suggested would be a good example of how to fix this issue while also improveing our core "rotation" feel.

Scaleing is an issue tho.
04/10/2018 01:44Posted by Rendorion
sounds !@#$ing amazing and a lot of fun. the more lightning the better

I know right!? xD There are ofc other things that needs tweeking aswell like the MS capping. But from a gameplay standpoint i think this would be really fun and a much improved version of what we currently got!