Elemental in 8.1 [Feedback]

Shaman
So there was a blue post in the US forums

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20768867246?page=3

Posted by Nimox
As the patch 8.1.0 information starts to comes out, we wanted to share the current plans of what is being changed for Elemental Shaman.

Core Ability Changes:
Shifted some damage from Earth Shock to Lightning Bolt.
Elemental Shaman is the only lightning based spell caster. However, over time, Lightning Bolt has gone from being a significant portion of your total damage to one of your least damaging abilities. It should be a powerful and effective spell for you to cast, and not something that feels like a burden to your rotation. Earth Shock will still be your hardest hitting spell, but Lightning Bolt should feel a bit better as part of your rotation.

Lava Burst has had its functionality changed behind the scenes to allow an in-flight Lava Burst to gain a guaranteed critical strike from a Flame Shock cast after the Lava Burst has been cast.
This change should help your initial spells cast against a monster, boss, enemy player, or whatever else feel much better. You can cast Lava Burst before combat, and when it finishes, cast Flame Shock, and the Lava Burst will gain the critical strike benefit from your Flame Shock.

Talent Changes:
The level 15 talent Elemental Blast will now always pick a different secondary stat buff when causing an Elemental Overload.
The level 30 talent Master of the Elements can now also benefit a Physical damage spell, allowing it to increase the damage of an Earthquake.
The level 100 talent Stormkeeper now also increases the damage of your next two Lightning Bolts by 250% in addition to its existing effects. This damage bonus will also apply to the Elemental Overloads of Lightning Bolt from Stormkeeper.
The Master of the Elements and Stormkeeper changes are primarily to help keep balance between single target damage and area damage of the talent rows. Master of the Elements will now affect your next Earthquake spell to keep the talent more competitive when dealing area damage, and Stormkeeper will grant you two really powerful Lightning Bolts that also cause Elemental Overloads when fighting just a single target.

The level 15 talent Exposed Elements has been removed, and the level 90 talent Earthen Rage has taken its place
The level 60 talent High Voltage has been removed.
New talent in the level 60 row: Call the Thunder
New talent in the level 90 row: Surge of Power
When looking at the whole sum of changes made to Elemental Shaman this expansion, we feel that some of the passive talent choices weren’t holding up well, and had no interaction with how you played the game at all. We’re adding some experimental new talents that should allow some additional decision making on how you choose to use some of your abilities. Please keep in mind that both of these new talents, as well as all of the other changes, are still under iteration and may change entirely throughout the patch 8.1.0 PTR cycle.

This shows to me that they have no clue what ele players want or need.
The "buffing" of Lighnint Bolt will happen through the talent "Exposed Elements" that was removed but will surely become baseline. They already tried to sell us that !@#$ in early beta.

Nerfing Earthshock seems pretty unnecessary. Its damage is not exactly great.

Stormkeeper seems to be working on Lightning Bolt only which means they have to buff Chain Lightning damage and Maelstrom generation immensely.

Flameshock now counts retroactive towards Lavaburst. I mean, its ok I guess. Did anybody ask for this ?

Anyway. That post shows how they dont listen.

Here is what ele players want since beta: Legion ele back.

Or at least some of these things:
Echo of the Elements baseline.
Elemental Blast damage buffs.
Viable Icefury.
Mastery that is not worthless because all our damage comes from pets.
Flame Shock CD. Remove it or remove the necessity for Flame Shock to be on the target for Lava Burst.

%^-*ing hell. Every time you put your hopes in blizzard, they disappoint you.
In 8.1 we're going to..

Make echo of elements baseline
    Remove flame shock CD
    Give you back a mobility ability
    Increase maelstrom generation

*Crowd goes wild*

God that was hard.
I mean - the Lava Burst interaction with Flame Shock works for weeks now on Live servers as I am using it constantly.

The only thing they try to do is shift power from earthshock into lightening bolt, and swap some talents.
And it's far far away shot from the "elemental problems" target.
what i don't understand is why removing high voltage that talent was not bad.
here are some of my idea about talent at each branch and some spell coming baseline.

baseline spell:
echo of the element: is the same for hunter that enhance the flow and space of the gameplay.
earthen rage: base line see talent section for more clarification.
totem mastery: core part of the shaman ideology.

talent row:
lvl 15:
frozen earth: earthen rage now deal frost damage and slow target by 25% or 50%.(see my idea at talent 100 you will better understand)

belt legendary effect: each lava burst put a dot that deal x% of dmg per sec, when ascendance active increasing the dmg by 25%.

liquid magma totem.

lvl 30:
master of the element.

ice fury. removed from 90 lvl talent to lvl 30.

aftershock

lvl 45

have no idea yet.

lvl 60

high voltage, doing same !@#$.

elemantal blast: moved from talent row 15 to 60.

storm elemantal.

lvl 75

still same

lvl 90

unlimited power: moved from 100 to 90.

primal elemantalist still the same.

tornado: replacing eartquake by a tornado and can be cast on the target, and will move with the target dealing aoe.

lvl100

ascendacnce still the same.

stormkeeper: doing the same %^-* with 3 charge.

eye of the twisting nether legendary ring effect: increasing by 2% dmg each type of elemental dmg(fire,earth,frost).

here are my idea for talent, that will give more choice then what we have now.
and put back the mop mastery and that would do the job mostly then just adjust number.
read through that and my impression:

The devs have absolutly no fcking clue, what they are doing. At this point i am 100% certain, that they have no ele main in their midst, who has good knowledge of the spec. Also they are not reading forums at all.

And i tell you, if they screw this up as much as it looks right now, i am so going to be gone. Finally catch up in FFXIV or get some ships to tier X on WoWS or just play some old DOS games.
So does enh get a rework or we still remain dog!@#$ ?
Looks like it will be time to take a WoW-break if things turn out as underwhelming as that makes them seem. Maybe they get GB and AH fixed during that break as well.
Damn, High voltage removed, i was hoping they will buff the mastery to be more effective and make high voltage + unlimited power build viable. I mean the main thing i like in shaman is chain lightning overloads. I was thinking to get mastery/haste gear just to try out how fast the cast would be with those two talents + BL + storm elemental + the overloads.
Thanks blizzard :)

I actually like those changes, especially the Lavaburst into flame shock fix. About time, don't you think? ;)

Stormkeeper change is awesome as well. It was 99% useless for bossfights before, thanks for that.

But please don't forget about frostshock. Since you want to shift away DMG from Earthshock to lightning bolt, please don't forget to increase Frost shock DMG accordingly. Set it to 90% of LB DMG again and maybe give some more love to Icefury. It's insanely fun and I miss it, since I have to play primal elementalist right now (fortified week)
Being an immobile piece of Peelemental (hue) is all fine and dandy, but.. if we die and have barely any defensives that would offset for having 5 melee classes constantly being on our back... them wanting us to be a turret doesn't seem to work now, does it?
Wow, you guys are really ungrateful. But first off: Are the Talents and Changes good? Maybe. Am I happy with it? Maybe. But! If the numbers are right, the talents sounds good and i am looking forward to play with these.

You always complained about missing snyergy about the spells. Here you go. Take Surge of Power. 'LB hits like a wet noodle meh meh meh' Here you go, they buffed it.

I really don't know what is wrong with this generation of gamers right now in WoW.
All the hate about everything and all the little pricks are never happy with anything.

And no, you not getting Gust of Wind back, it was there for 1 Expansion and it is gone. Get over it. Same for LB on the move.

But I think this is not only a shaman thing, every person in the forums pissing about everything because they don't get what they want. If I were a Game Dev and would read the forums, I would be laughing and nerfing everyone to the ground just to piss you off.

Has Shamans some problems? Yeah some. Are Shamans viable? Yes. Are those changes help us? Sure.

Just my 2 cent. Git Gud
I am actually happy with the changes and i feels like a lot of what you say is bull!@#$.

-"Earthshock dammage not that great"
Yeah 50K dmg hitting spell not that great ? There is even a post on the forum here why nerfing it could be a great idea.

-"Stormkeeper seems to be working on Lightning Bolt only which means they have to buff Chain Lightning damage and Maelstrom generation immensely."
The level 100 talent Stormkeeper now also increases the damage of your next two Lightning Bolts by 250% in addition to its existing effects

-"Flameshock now counts retroactive towards Lavaburst. I mean, its ok I guess. Did anybody ask for this ?"
Yeah it's a great change, i am always for quality of life improvement gaining for free.

-"remove the necessity for Flame Shock to be on the target for Lava Burst."
You want the ONLY spell interaction we have gone ? Are you made ?

TLDR: OP At least read the blue post before complaining
I've seen on /r/wow someone suggest Elemental Blast costs malstrom to break up the monotony of Earth Shock feeling so underwealming. Even if there's a cooldown and a damage buff, it will certainly work on the rotation because even in Legion it felt less important than Lava Burst.

They should have a minigame added so to get the most out of your Elemental Blast you have to use all three shocks close to each other. Flame, Earth, Frost. Then make Elemental Blast into a massive hard hitter that you look forward to.

Rest of the raid faps at your prowess.
My 2 cents:

Shifted some damage from Earth Shock to Lightning Bolt.

Great. As long as we don't give something else for it.

Lava Burst has had its functionality changed behind the scenes to allow an in-flight Lava Burst to gain a guaranteed critical strike from a Flame Shock cast after the Lava Burst has been cast.

Another minor looking but great upgrade. This is even better for PvP since you can't dispell what you can't have.

The level 15 talent Elemental Blast will now always pick a different secondary stat buff when causing an Elemental Overload.

Why tweaking this? Why not allow it to proc High Voltage, Unimited Power and also proc 2 Master of Elements buffs (increasing the damage of it by 40%) since EB is frost,fire and nature spell. Why not make this spell interact with all of our kit? Just change all talents into "Nature cast timed spells" from Only Lightning Bolt for instance to give a complexity to a talent.

The level 30 talent Master of the Elements can now also benefit a Physical damage spell, allowing it to increase the damage of an Earthquake.

I tried this and it didn't use the MoE buff and i was pissed. Good buff but it should have been trimmed in BETA already. It shows neither nobody tested it or Blizz didn't read feedbacks that they begged for. Also MoE is bugged and it doesn't proc the first time you select the talent from Totem Mastery.

The level 100 talent Stormkeeper now also increases the damage of your next two Lightning Bolts by 250% in addition to its existing effects. This damage bonus will also apply to the Elemental Overloads of Lightning Bolt from Stormkeeper.

This is good. I love multipurpose talents and SK was that to me with High Voltage. I want it to be usable in both single target and AoE burst. If LB had enough damage you wouldn't need this buff in the first place but i take it.

The level 15 talent Exposed Elements has been removed, and the level 90 talent Earthen Rage has taken its place

Ahahahahahaha. So you want us to pick Earthen Rage instead of EB or Echo?ROFL. Delete it or make it baseline. Exposed Elements could be our first major Lightning Build talent but you instead removed it. Please Shaman Community tell Blizz that Earthen Rage is CRAP. Exposed Elements should fundementally change the Lightning Bolt so that it becomes our main damage spell, like:

Exposed Elements:

Your Lightning Bolt now always crits when your is Flame Shocked instead of Lava Burst but every time you cast Lightning Bolt to your target, its duration is reduced by 2.

It can just always proc mastery instead of crit too. That way we can leave mastery and stack lots of crit to make sure we crit on both 100% guaranteed LB and its overload AND our good old Lava Burst.

You are missing the point Blizz, we need a Lightning Build and you are deleting it, again.

The level 60 talent High Voltage has been removed.
New talent in the level 60 row: Call the Thunder
Call the Thunder - Your maximum Maelstrom is increased by 30, and the Maelstrom cost of Earth Shock and Earthquake is reduced by 10.

I don't know how this will help? I mean the cost reduction is always good but we are not rouges or dk that our MS increases passively baseline. Is there a good reason to stack 100 MS anyway? Now we can stack to 130? Can't you add ES something else too? Like: Every 10 MS stack increases the crit chance of ES by 5% up to 50 MS. So if you have 100 MS that would mean you can cast ES with 50% increased crit chance.

New talent in the level 90 row: Surge of Power
Surge of Power - Earth Shock also enhances your next spell:
Flame Shock: The next cast does not incur a cooldown.
Lightning Bolt: Your next 3 casts will cause an additional Elemental Overload.
Lava Burst: Reduces the cooldown of your Fire (or Storm) Elemental by 6 sec.
Frost Shock: Roots the target in place for 6 sec.

This is an overloaded talent and all it takes for it to work is one of the benefits.
It means if only LB part is good enough for PvE, they will leave the talent however if that portion is the 90% of its usage then they will probably change it or tweak it. Flame Shock and Frost Shock parts are both PvP and PvE related. Lava Burst one could buff Pet build but it is in the same row with Primal Elementalist so, no. This talent should be in LvL 15 row with Echo and EB. This can compete with Echo, not Earthen Rage rofl.

• Finally, Echo is so good nothing can compete with it.
  • Devs need to look at what builds they want from Elemental and build upon that( Pet, Lightning, LvB, casting different spell schools giving you buffs etc.)
  • Unlimited Power. I said enough. Change it asap. It does not belong to 100 row with SK and Ascendance.
  • 19/09/2018 08:15Posted by Surikoo

I really don't know what is wrong with this generation of gamers right now in WoW.
    All the hate about everything and all the little pricks are never happy with anything.

And no, you not getting Gust of Wind back, it was there for 1 Expansion and it is gone. Get over it. Same for LB on the move.

But I think this is not only a shaman thing, every person in the forums pissing about everything because they don't get what they want. If I were a Game Dev and would read the forums, I would be laughing and nerfing everyone to the ground just to piss you off.

Has Shamans some problems? Yeah some. Are Shamans viable? Yes. Are those changes help us? Sure.

Just my 2 cent. Git Gud

Please stop apologizing for blizzard. Its somewhat about the numbers, yes. But that can be fixed in 2 days. Its about the gameplay and if you had played both legion ele and bfa you would now that bfa ele is a massive downgrade. Why bother changing things if you just making it worse?

-"Earthshock dammage not that great"
    Yeah 50K dmg hitting spell not that great ? There is even a post on the forum here why nerfing it could be a great idea.

-"remove the necessity for Flame Shock to be on the target for Lava Burst."
    You want the ONLY spell interaction we have gone ? Are you made ?

TLDR: OP At least read the blue post before complaining

You mean 50k crits and since we are having like 12 % crit its not gonna crit. So its 20k dmg. Thats a regular Lava Burst with an overload.

Removing the only spell interaction we have. Haha, thats what everybody is talking about. Make the spec more interactive but in a fun way. Flame Shock on a cooldown sucks massive balls. Either remove the cooldown or remove the Lava Burst interaction.
    TL;DR, but I recommend to all shaman enthusiasts to GO ON THE DAMNED PTR and test the changes, provide as much feedback as you can, generate data, etc. That's what I will do, for sure - Blizz can't work without data, and if they don't have enough from the testing phase they'll just release sh*t again (yes I'm looking at you, BfA launch).

Go go go test, play, comment, send feedback, now is the time!
    Those changes looks so good cant wait to try them out..finally..!!
    They should give us a Lightning Nova totem instead of EQ. Costs same amount of Maelstrom and is placed similar to EQ, but has a 2 sec “explosion cast time”, makes tanks not have to worry about standing in EQ all the time and gives us more totems that a lot of ppl are asking for
    19/09/2018 10:49Posted by Xkrementor
    Please stop apologizing for blizzard. Its somewhat about the numbers, yes. But that can be fixed in 2 days. Its about the gameplay and if you had played both legion ele and bfa you would now that bfa ele is a massive downgrade. Why bother changing things if you just making it worse?

Yes but the spec changed. Like every expansion. Learn to adapt. I played Boomkin through MoP, WoD and Legion and every expansion they changed the way the spec works. And every time the same people whined in the forums how bad everything is. Of course it is personal preferences if you like one playstyle or another. But if Blizz wants to change the playstyle there is nothing you can do about it. And again, learn to adapt.

Right now, i have to agree, the gameplay feels clunky and weird, so i am looking forward to the new talents, maybe they spice the rotation up.
    19/09/2018 11:54Posted by Surikoo

Yes but the spec changed. Like every expansion. Learn to adapt. I played Boomkin through MoP, WoD and Legion and every expansion they changed the way the spec works. And every time the same people whined in the forums how bad everything is. Of course it is personal preferences if you like one playstyle or another. But if Blizz wants to change the playstyle there is nothing you can do about it. And again, learn to adapt.

Right now, i have to agree, the gameplay feels clunky and weird, so i am looking forward to the new talents, maybe they spice the rotation up.

Why should I adapt to a game that isnt fun? Thats why we complain all the time. We want to have fun with our classes. Ele is not very fun at the moment but it was in legion. So why change it just for the sake of changing it?