Nice move Bli$$ard

General
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 Next
Rather suspicious they want to retain subscribers with flashy mounts... they are noticing the boiling noise. The mount is on point but i'm reluctant to pay 6 months in advance as if we get something like the broken shore im completely out until the next raid.
"Blissard"? Fúcking mong.,"Blissard"?

More like..

Mongoloid
They are just milking us now, its plain obvious.
20/09/2018 18:24Posted by Heymom

Are you forced to pay?
OP have you considered another game? because you clearly aren't happy with the state of the game and your rant shows exactly that and nothing else, sadly.
You know that you can always play best version this game has for free elsewhere :)

The fact that a truly unique mount like this is tied to yet another extra purchase, while you get the 100th recolor of a nagrand talbuk from 2007 for paying $50 for expac itself is a direct insult to every of their customers.

I think at this point they just take us all for idiots. (and to be fair most blizzard white knights and fanbois probably are idiots)

But yea there is only 1 thing you can do to get back at them, you cancel sub + go play on .... server because they will periodically check their sub numbers vs ..... server playerbase.
20/09/2018 22:12Posted by Nymph
OP have you considered another game? because you clearly aren't happy with the state of the game and your rant shows exactly that and nothing else, sadly.

If you read my previous comments you would've read I've just unsubbed, I have said my thing on the forums and am done with it.

i'm mainly concerned about class identity, class gameplay and customization option restrictions. Fury warriors can't wear 1 handed weapons , no more quivers, .... etcetcetc, you need to race change from green orc to maghar brown orc instead of appearance change which is 10€more you have to pay.. ripoff and then they come with this kind of store mount stuff I've had enough. For me its the end. Too much damage has been done, things that will never be changed or recuperated again(like completely removing throwing weapons from the game)

These may seem like small details but in my mind they pile up and pile up so much that I just don't feel the magic and freedom of the game anymore everything and everyone is the same dull cardboard copy that has been carefully carved out by blizzard from one expansion to the other to make everything simpler and more "accessible". My maghar shattered hand outlaw rogue orc is a pirate like every other outlaw rogue no customization available at all and so it is with all the classes you can't do anything different everyone has to use the same weapons/abilitys that destroy any class fantasy.

You want to play ninja rogue with shuriken and katana? can't, berserker rogue with throwing weapons? can't, Fury warrior 1 handed weapons? can't, worgen feral druid form can't, hunter with quivers can't, hunter with dual wield 1 handed axes can't, mage casting with wands or their staff? can't and the list goes on and on and on and on.

and don't get me started about gameplay features in bfa being extremely dull, expeditions?, warfronts?, world quests?, all are boring whats left raids and arena? I've done those too many times not really interested into dedicating my life to that again. Got 977 ilvl on my demon hunter in Legion for me that is as far as I wanted to go with raiding

This gets a whole new dimension when you take into account that the guy plays as a bipedal cow.
20/09/2018 22:50Posted by Bloopie

i'm mainly concerned about class identity, class gameplay and customization option restrictions.

Class identity was the crux of Legion, not BfA. Faction identity is what this expansion is about.

Customization has never been easier to deal with.

Class gameplay is the one thing you're right about. Some specs feel gutted.
20/09/2018 22:51Posted by Talthressar

This gets a whole new dimension when you take into account that the guy plays as a bipedal cow.

Moose**
20/09/2018 09:38Posted by Flyk
Using GBP prices because I don't see the Euro prices...

£52.14 cost of 6 month sub+dreadwake mount / 6 months = £8.69 per month

Standard subscription is £9.99 which means the mount costs you absolutely zero per month for 6 months. So... it's not only "free", but you're getting a discount on your subscription. Your hyperbole is a entirely unjustified. [edit: wrong value of monthly subscription]

i feel like you are just trying to cherry pick positives out of the bad thought process behind blizzard doing this.

you always got a discount on 6 months, mount or no mount..
20/09/2018 19:10Posted by Redwinelock
Are you forced to pay?

This is actually an interesting question you raise here, even if you didn't mean it as serious question.

I would answer ''yes''. Why ? Because if you don't continue to pay you can't continue to play and that would directly invalidate all the time and money you already dumped into this game and that would naturally make feel you bad. And you want to avoid feeling bad. This is a vicious circle. You continue to play, you waste even more time & money, you want even less to quit.

This is not like some playstation game you play for a week and then go sell it again.
20/09/2018 10:09Posted by Flarelaine

You may not have gotten far enough in math classes, so I'll help: 65 euros is the price of 5 months of playing. Blizzard offers six months for it. We are being paid to accept a mount.

Are we?

If buy 5 30-day subs instead, and make a 1 week break between each, for visiting family, Christmas, a two week ski-trip, carnival and easter holidays .... I am already just as cheap as this 6 for the price of 5 offering.

And if 8.1 is lackluster, we can add 3 months of not actually having much content to do, which is time better spend playing other games. Why should I pay in that time for WoW?

Now don't get me wrong, if you are enjoying wow even in times of lack of new interesting content or have a less busy real life than by all means grab a 6-month subscription and save some money, but I am sure that the deal is not a good one for me.
20/09/2018 22:53Posted by Bloopie
20/09/2018 22:51Posted by Talthressar

Moose**

Well, I mean, I'm no expert, but I assume those can be milked too.
This thread just keeps on giving.
They couldn't even get all the races out on time and you expect more subraces from these incompetent clowns :')
I don't really get a lot of the complaining, no one is forcing you to get it at all. If you think you're probably going to keep subscribing for the next six months, get it. If you aren't sure, or if you know you wont be, then don't get it. Simple.

One mount in a game where you can easily get dozens of good-looking mounts for free isn't anything special or 'must-have'.
You might save money in the long run, but it's still a fairly hefty cost in one go, and not one I'm willing to pay. The last thing I want is to be stuck with 6 months of a game if it's not going to get meaningful content updates or improvements. It's just so suspicious that they're doing this when the game is clearly not being received all that well.

Is it to try and stop the subscriber loss that's already in progress, or is it due to there being no content planned and they want to prevent subscriber loss in the future?
Considering the normal monthly sub is £9.99 a month, not only do you save a bit of money with this deal but you also gain a free mount. I don't see the problem. if you don't like the game's state, then don't pay that much.
20/09/2018 22:57Posted by Sakî
20/09/2018 19:10Posted by Redwinelock
Are you forced to pay?

This is actually an interesting question you raise here, even if you didn't mean it as serious question.

I would answer ''yes''. Why ? Because if you don't continue to pay you can't continue to play and that would directly invalidate all the time and money you already dumped into this game and that would naturally make feel you bad. And you want to avoid feeling bad. This is a vicious circle. You continue to play, you waste even more time & money, you want even less to quit.

This is not like some playstation game you play for a week and then go sell it again.

what you just described is called addiction

its no different then !@#$%^ addict behaviour

if you dont have fun in game simply stop playing it.