How's your luck been so far?

General
So the RNG system hasn't been kind to me so far. Personally I never understood why it was implemented in WoW in the first place, if I wanted RNG loot there are plenty of games that offer that, even other MMO's. I like the fact that I face a certain challege and get rewarded for that challenge. Items have no value anymore imo, and they are handed to you left right and center which diminishes their value as well.
If anyone does in fact LOVE the RNG system, can you explain why you find it rewarding?

I guess I'm just frustrated that, the last pieces of armor I've gotten that are an upgrade ilvl wise has been gloves. And all those pieces has been the same kind with mastery on it, which is my worst stat. And the same again today when I opened my mythic+ chest. When I open it and get the same gloves again, with the same garbage stats. I can't help but think why, why am I doing a myhic +10 why put in the effort. You could argue that I'm doing myhic+ for the fun, which I am to a certain degree. But everything is tied into rewards. And an MMO is mostly about getting stronger and stronger and progressing your character. But still. I can't help but feel I'm just wasting my time and It's really killing my drive for the game.

On top of that. I think the expansion feels a bit rushed in some ways, unfinished or missing. I can't tell if it's true or not, just a sinking feeling I've been having. And that certainly doesn't help.

How's everyones experience been so far?

Edit: Trying to fix typos, which isn't going great
I got some 390 Warglaives so I don't think I'm allowed to complain about anything :(

Only real thing that's been annoying me is Azerite gear. Don't have a single one of the BiS DH ones :|
I got a boe 350 weap at the start..

That's all I was going to get for the rest of this expansion..

After doing arena, mythics and raids (no loot from world bosses yet) for a month now, my ilvl is obviously slowly increasing, but I'm sick of having my bags full of wrists, boots and azerite helmets.. Cause that has been 90% of my loot the last 2 weeks.

But that's how my wow life usually goes.. First char to levelcap gets one really good item, then only bad stuff for 2 years.. So I level an alt that I really don't care for, but end up getting bis gear in a week... HEY I got a new main!

I've always been bad at rolling dices.. I miss how professions worked in tbc.. Sure daily caps on special cloths etc., but atleast I could target an item..
Funny thing btw.. I just dinged my shaman to 120 as enhancement, and I was loving it! So I went hunting for weapons from rares in arathi.. And we all know how bad elemental is now..

Guess who got a 345 staff....... (^o^) Guess who's forced to play ele for a while..
Not been good to me, unfortunately.

From week 1 to last week I had the same 310 azerite gear, because none of the azurite gear that drops from dungeons has talents that beat the 310 ones. I did all of the azurite cashe and gear world quests for like 3 weeks until I finally got the 325 chest upgrade on one day and then the 325 shoulder upgrade the next twice in a row.

I've also ran HC Freehold and Motherload more times than I could care to count and haven't received either of their rings. I've even tried running Freehold normal 15+ times as one of my rings is ilvl 266, but nope. I haven't even been able to get anyone to trade them with me as they're popular rings.

I'm definitely feeling that RNG has been worse for me this expansion than others, and has really slowed down my gear progression, but that's RNG for you I guess
Horrible, I'm on my fourth pair of 370 boots, regularly doing azerite awarding content and I got nothing to show for it. It seems that every pug I meet has a 385 azerite piece and I'm left dry.
It just feels so bad man.
I started hating people who get it, God damn.
Barely get drops in dungeons. Most gear I acquired was traded to me by people that didn't need it. From weekly chest the one slot I didn't need gear from I get it, rolls from WBs and such rolled to AP, on both characters, twice.

So yeah, not the best luck at all. What are the chances of getting, let's say, a wrist, (That you don't need) out of all other possible gear slots where it would have actually been an Ilvl upgrade, instead of the one piece of gear you don't need to vendor it.
I can't get a decent weapon.
Just made a rant about it aswell. Cant keep up with the dudes that are lucky. Cant get into normal raids now cause im behind due to bad luck :(
considerint I have not thouched heroic raid yet, and only done a M+5 I think I have beeen fairly lucky.
I dont really care about ilvl so not chasing gear.
I am depressed about having to keep doing Legion WQs for those mounts that never drop so not a big fan of RNG either.
:(
For every one semi useful piece of gear i roll, i am getting countless useless gear.
This has been very disappointing and the worst piece of equipment to farm is the proper weapon for your spec with the appropriate secondaries.

One of the things i fully dislike about this expansion.
My luck is like this:

Hiting 120:
go normals, no loot at all, friend has same amortyp, so I get his gear.
go hc, no loot at all, friend has same amortyp, so I get his gear.
go mythics, no loot at all, friend has same amortyp, so I get his gear.
go raiding, get only worst stats (versa,crit as affli)...
do warfront for chest... more versa, crit.
get weekly chest, item I get is the one that I allready have.
get Event chest, again only item I allready have.
Do worldbosses... 1 item with bad stats ...

My friend basically geared my charakter...
The game hates me, so I hate it back.
The game also loves me, so I love it back...
It's a very complicated relationship we have.
19/09/2018 18:15Posted by Jamíé
Horrible, I'm on my fourth pair of 370 boots, regularly doing azerite awarding content and I got nothing to show for it. It seems that every pug I meet has a 385 azerite piece and I'm left dry.
It just feels so bad man.
I started hating people who get it, God damn.

You and be both buddy, pretty much my same experience except for me it's been gloves
19/09/2018 17:34Posted by Neutered
So the RNG system hasn't been kind to me so far. Personally I never understood why it was implemented in WoW in the first place, if I wanted RNG loot there are plenty of games that offer that, even other MMO's. I like the fact that I face a certain challege and get rewarded for that challenge. Items have no value anymore imo, and they are handed to you left right and center which diminishes their value as well.
If anyone does in fact LOVE the RNG system, can you explain why you find it rewarding?

I guess I'm just frustrated that, the last pieces of armor I've gotten that are an upgrade ilvl wise has been gloves. And all those pieces has been the same kind with mastery on it, which is my worst stat. And the same again today when I opened my mythic+ chest. When I open it and get the same gloves again, with the same garbage stats. I can't help but think why, why am I doing a myhic +10 why put in the effort. You could argue that I'm doing myhic+ for the fun, which I am to a certain degree. But everything is tied into rewards. And an MMO is mostly about getting stronger and stronger and progressing your character. But still. I can't help but feel I'm just wasting my time and It's really killing my drive for the game.

On top of that. I think the expansion feels a bit rushed in some ways, unfinished or missing. I can't tell if it's true or not, just a sinking feeling I've been having. And that certainly doesn't help.

How's everyones experience been so far?

Edit: Trying to fix typos, which isn't going great

No such thing as RNG it's rigged to keep you playing and trying.
Pretty much doo doo, but I am not fuzzed.

I am more annoyed by gear that is not RNG.