What Shaman better at?

Shaman
Maybe it's just my level but here is what i noticed:
Hunters can leap back and run+burst
Rogues can cc to death
Mages burst
Warriors rush+high defense

what do we as Shamans deliver to the battle?
at higher level do we have a gap close? some evasion?
oh and one more thing
as ele we are some kind of mage and as resto we are healers
what is with enhancement? half mage half melee? what are we?
If you find out, could you let the rest of us know please?
Dying, ressing, then die again lol!
Hey I got one hahaha, I found one thing ...

Hold on to something ... drum roll please

TREMOR TOTEM tadaaaa

Aint nothing better than those sweet 10 seconds of fear almost immunity.

And being able to dispel like 1 out of 50 different charms, fear and sleep effects in PvE means shamans are 100% pick on every mythic.

Almost as useful as dispel curse ...
Whining, I suppose
what do we offer to our team at endgame content? pve and pvp wise?
20/09/2018 08:02Posted by Royb

We aggro enemy players well. Thats maybe not a bad thing. :D
Elemental throws rocks better than anybody else.

Enhancement enchants their weapons with lightning better than anybody.

Resto sprays water better than anybody.
In all honesty, in pvp I would say to lock the enemy down.

With lightning lasso, primal elementalist, wind shear, the AoE stun totem and the earthshock stun talent, I can pin down anyone to their death (especially healers)

Open with a wind shear followed by a hex to trigger their trinket then Earth elemental to stun them, followed by a lighting lasso, drop AoE stun then windshear waiting for the totem to fire, then earthshock.

All in between you can dps here and there and usually, at least one ally will come to help too. The only issue is with paladin's and their bubble which make it a bit longer.

There is no way anyone can get away from a shaman lockdown. ^^

Elemental is very good at AOEing very large groups of mobs that don't move. This never actually happens anywhere in the game, but if it did, we'd be really great at it.

Enhance offers really good damage output if you get lucky with rng. If you don't, then it's awful. Some raid leaders may be willing to gamble on that. In large raids. On normal difficulty. If no-one else is available.

Resto is a healer, so there's a good chance you'll get to go and be bad at healing in some raids because there's not really enough healers available.

Oh, and wind shear is pretty good.
20/09/2018 09:40Posted by Shangò
In all honesty, in pvp I would say to lock the enemy down.

With lightning lasso, primal elementalist, wind shear, the AoE stun totem and the earthshock stun talent, I can pin down anyone to their death (especially healers)

Open with a wind shear followed by a hex to trigger their trinket then Earth elemental to stun them, followed by a lighting lasso, drop AoE stun then windshear waiting for the totem to fire, then earthshock.

All in between you can dps here and there and usually, at least one ally will come to help too. The only issue is with paladin's and their bubble which make it a bit longer.

There is no way anyone can get away from a shaman lockdown. ^^

If the enemy stands still and waits for you to cast I agree. In other situation where they understand the game they just walk near a corner while you try to cast.

meatballs.
20/09/2018 09:46Posted by Dargaroth

Elemental is very good at AOEing very large groups of mobs that don't move. This never actually happens anywhere in the game, but if it did, we'd be really great at it.

Enhance offers really good damage output if you get lucky with rng. If you don't, then it's awful. Some raid leaders may be willing to gamble on that. In large raids. On normal difficulty. If no-one else is available.

Resto is a healer, so there's a good chance you'll get to go and be bad at healing in some raids because there's not really enough healers available.

Oh, and wind shear is pretty good.

Finaly a decent answer
It doesnt sound so bad
20/09/2018 09:29Posted by Aldith
Elemental throws rocks better than anybody else.

Enhancement enchants their weapons with lightning better than anybody.

Resto sprays water better than anybody.

thats a joke right?
That's why we have Reincarnation. When we die we can instantly resurrect! And it's only on a 30 minute CD!
Ele for pvp has probably the highest burst in pvp, but it requires you to build up to unleash, and you have a ranged interrupt that's pretty powerful . Don't need to hard cast at all which is nice.
20/09/2018 21:05Posted by Flashgordon
Ele for pvp has probably the highest burst in pvp, but it requires you to build up to unleash, and you have a ranged interrupt that's pretty powerful . Don't need to hard cast at all which is nice.

Wait what?
You have to hard cast to build it up tho?
And to have said burst you have to crit & proc Aftershock & crit again.

Or is there some kind of shaman secret nobody told me about? Teach me Senpai?
-----------------------------
As to what I am good at as a Shaman in pvp? Keeping enemy rogue occupied. They never give up chasing you! So kiting them and running away is taking enemy dps away from your healer? kinda. It's actualy really sad. Yeah.
21/09/2018 01:42Posted by Kaelgar
20/09/2018 21:05Posted by Flashgordon

Wait what?
You have to hard cast to build it up tho?
And to have said burst you have to crit & proc Aftershock & crit again.

Or is there some kind of shaman secret nobody told me about? Teach me Senpai?
-----------------------------
As to what I am good at as a Shaman in pvp? Keeping enemy rogue occupied. They never give up chasing you! So kiting them and running away is taking enemy dps away from your healer? kinda. It's actualy really sad. Yeah.

Rogues are tough not gonna lie!

Stack at least 2 lava shock traits (increase ES damage ) and I use 1 igneous potential doe the 3% higher chance to proc LB. I think aftershock is garbage in pvp honestly (in arena) since it's hard to cast and totemic mastery is giving you 1 maelstrom a second.

You essentially kite around in ghost if they're training you throwing LB procs, when your about ready to try and kill someone cast your Fite elemental (with primal elementalist ) and he helps build maelstrom too. When you cap maelstrom at 150 look for a kill target ,ES + meteor (I've had this combo crit for 60k and kill a paladin before he bubbled ) LB proc > ES. That's 4 seconds of stuns off the DR.

Seriously you can set up some crazy kills. Lava shock is definitely 100% needed I use 2 pieces of gear for it you can use 3 but you're going to lose out on maelstrom generat ion withLB procs.

Aftershock is a trap talent imo maelstrom is hard to generate so the extra bit from the totem is awesome, also getting off two instant chain lightnings can build it up alright if they're stacked with storm keeper also.
PVP earth shock build with (lava shock azerite traits + ingenious potential) + crit totem + aftershock. You can delete people. But if you are caught off guard (positioning wise) you are !@#$ed.
I will try some arenas also this week, see how that goes. Check out Tiqqle on youtube for some Ele pvp.

On PVE right now. We are kinda a mess. Dungeons doesn't suit our DPS playing style a lot. Depending on the tank. (most of them are scared to make big pulls).
AOE with more than 5-6 mobs we are somehow kinda Tier 1 aoe (with couple of cd's) and some good aoe azerite traits. On 3-4 packs we sucks.
And for single target we need different talents stats to make some bigger numbers. Too much movement also these raids/dungeons. Doesn't help at all.
But hey we got Tremor totem yay :P . No, jokes aside, we have some decent utility. I saved so many pulls so many times with my Earth elemental (+prime elementalist) even boss pulls with tank dying towards the end. (although more classes have a decent utility)
See blue post about Ele shamans.