Dreadwake mount conspiracy theories

General
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Just FYI to people you would get the mount if you had a 6month sub even if you got 1 month left or less right now it does not need a resub to get.
No, I am saying that Blizzard is making a promo for players who are on a monthly sub to pay the money upfront (i.e. now) instead of over 6 month. Having the money 50€ now is better than 60€ over 6 month.

This has nothing to do with keeping player subbed. Both the player who pays 6 months upfront and the player who makes 6 payments are subbed. There is no difference in sub count here.

Looks like you still can't see the woods for the trees. The main focus for Blizzard is money and it just so happens that they make a lot of money by having people subscribe one way or another. The amount of subscribers in itself is just PR padding for the shareholders.

Oh yes. They definitely would. As I said it's financially beneficial to get their money upfront. 66€ "today" is better for business than 78€ over six month.

You're still saying that while you refuse to understand that you're just arguing against your own points. A big gaming company like Blizzard has detailed statistics on all the different demographics of players and the people who are going to pay up no matter what don't concern them one bit since the money flow is already secured from them. Investing money on a non issue would be economically backwards and disastrous in the long run.

This promotion is mainly about customer retention since, big surprise, if the game has more people constantly paying it's a healthier and more secure foundation for business than getting big spikes of income during the first months of every expansion and then letting it dry up with every patch until the next expansion is ready to drop.

If you can't comprehend that I'm not going to keep a debate up for something where I need to explain the core concepts of the argument at hand to the opposing side.
20/09/2018 15:47Posted by Voerman
20/09/2018 13:25Posted by Lustycow
just know that this bundle offer was data-mined months before BFA went live.

When Blizzard is so good at business prediction that they even predict their own failure months in advance. Truly a company deserving its economic success.

absolutely rekt. just close this thread this guy annihilated you
Look at the like/dislike ratio on the official video for this mount:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jln0RRXB1ak

People can see right through this
21/09/2018 11:19Posted by Raiizon
20/09/2018 15:47Posted by Voerman
When Blizzard is so good at business prediction that they even predict their own failure months in advance. Truly a company deserving its economic success.

His point is retarded, Blizzard knows they are going to fail 5 months in advance yet they decide to fail anyway.. and release a mount promotion to recover..?

I can see someone missing a couple of chromosomes believing that, but not anyone with a functioning brain, sorry.
21/09/2018 11:51Posted by Lustycow
21/09/2018 11:19Posted by Raiizon

His point is retarded, Blizzard knows they are going to fail 5 months in advance yet they decide to fail anyway.. and release a mount promotion to recover..?

I can see someone missing a couple of chromosomes believing that, but not anyone with a functioning brain, sorry.

Every post I see of you, you mention other people's IQ, mental health and all of that stuff, yet you're too thick to understand simple business tactics. Honestly, just stop trying to come across the way you're currently trying. It's sad.
20/09/2018 13:29Posted by Illudir
First line describes you well.

Says the DH with the name "Illudir", watch out not to hurt yourself on that edge lol.
Downright cringe and pathetic.
It is a conspiracy by Blizzard to sell more subscriptions.

I think it's really under hand that a company who's main revenue is from selling game time should start trying to sell more game time :p
21/09/2018 11:54Posted by Nimbledigit
21/09/2018 11:51Posted by Lustycow

Every post I see of you, you mention other people's IQ, mental health and all of that stuff, yet you're too thick to understand simple business tactics. Honestly, just stop trying to come across the way you're currently trying. It's sad.

I understand marketing and business tactics well but we disagree on the motive, your delusion and the bad timing by Blizzard makes you believe it's a panic promotion due to BFA not being received well.

I should've invested in tinfoil hats, would've been filthy rich :(
21/09/2018 11:59Posted by Pointybeard

I think it's really under hand that a company who's main revenue is from selling game time should start trying to sell more game time :p

Exactly.
21/09/2018 11:59Posted by Lustycow
I understand marketing and business tactics well but we disagree on the motive, your delusion and the bad timing by Blizzard makes you believe it's a panic promotion due to BFA not being received well.

Enlighten me, please. What do you think their motive is for doing this?
20/09/2018 13:35Posted by Lustycow
20/09/2018 13:29Posted by Nimbledigit
Nice. You don't think they have an entire team of professionals that calculate how the subs will go roughly, during a new expansion? I'm not saying this was done purely to re-gain or keep subs, but I'm also not saying it wasn't done with that intention. They know exactly what to do and when to do it, when it comes to money. (gameplay wise, I'm not so sure)

This expansion has not been recieved very well. There has been an AMA, a livestream and now a promotional offer that rewards a mount if you stay subbed for 6 months.

This expansion sucks so far nobody can argue with that, but this promotion has nothing to do with that, they already did this before with the World of Warcraft 'Annual Pass' promotion, where you got Tyrael's Charger and other free stuff if you subbed for a year.
I love this expansion so far so I can argue.

Also you’re quick to say it sucks yet you still have an active sub.

You talk BS. Toxic.
21/09/2018 11:55Posted by Lustycow
20/09/2018 13:29Posted by Illudir
First line describes you well.

Says the DH with the name "Illudir", watch out not to hurt yourself on that edge lol.
Downright cringe and pathetic.
Well, mature arguments like that are bound to get people on your side, Lusty cow.
21/09/2018 12:02Posted by Nimbledigit
21/09/2018 11:59Posted by Lustycow

Enlighten me, please. What do you think their motive is for doing this?

What Pointybeard just said above.

Btw you keep talking about business like someone who just finished their Business 101 class thinking they are going to take over wall street lol.

You actually believe that they knew about this failure 5 months ago yet they decided to execute it anyways, if you have any knowledge in business then you would know that preventing damage is way more cost efficient than allowing it to happen then recover.

You should just stop.
21/09/2018 12:10Posted by Dappypally
20/09/2018 13:35Posted by Lustycow

This expansion sucks so far nobody can argue with that, but this promotion has nothing to do with that, they already did this before with the World of Warcraft 'Annual Pass' promotion, where you got Tyrael's Charger and other free stuff if you subbed for a year.
I love this expansion so far so I can argue.

Also you’re quick to say it sucks yet you still have an active sub.

You talk BS. Toxic.

So your point is if I am not satisfied with the expansion I should cancel my sub ?
..and "Toxic" ? lol I see you are one of those 2018 fragile snowflakes, leave my post.
21/09/2018 12:31Posted by Lustycow

Btw you keep talking about business like someone who just finished their Business 101 class thinking they are going to take over wall street lol.

You actually believe that they knew about this failure 5 months ago yet they decided to execute it anyways, if you have any knowledge in business then you would know that preventing damage is way more cost efficient that allowing it to happen then recover.

You should just stop.

Again, please, enlighten me as to what you think their motive might be behind this promotional offer. This limited promotional offer, might I add. Are you able to give an answer to that question or are you going to throw around random nonsense like 'taking over wall street' etc?

You actually believe that they knew about this failure 5 months ago yet they decided to execute it anyways, if you have any knowledge in business then you would know that preventing damage is way more cost efficient that allowing it to happen then recover.

You should just stop.

Again, please, enlighten me as to what you think their motive might be behind this promotional offer. This limited promotional offer, might I add. Are you able to give an answer to that question or are you going to throw around random nonsense like 'taking over wall street' etc?

I did say "What Pointybeard just said above.", you need to get some glasses or read slowly so your brain can process it all in time.
21/09/2018 12:40Posted by Lustycow
I did say "What Pointybeard just said above.", you need to get some glasses or read slowly so your brain can process it all in time.

Unhappy customers are not interested in buying more game-time. Adding in a 'limited time' item might however trigger them to buy it anyway. It worked before and it will work again.

Blizzard virtual tickets sold rather well and not everyone used their ticket to watch it online. There were plenty of people who only got it because they added a 'limited' item to it. The mounts.

It's real easy to give the customer the feeling of 'getting a great deal' by adding a simple item, where as without that item they would not be interested. It's business tactics that have worked and will remain to work for many many years, we're simple organisms like that.

An example I could give would be your electricity provider. Every year they try to grab customers away from eachother. How do they do it? "Sign up now and get a free tablet or whatever technical goodie we got for cheap!" and it works.
21/09/2018 12:53Posted by Nimbledigit
21/09/2018 12:40Posted by Lustycow

Unhappy customers are not interested in buying more game-time. Adding in a 'limited time' item might however trigger them to buy it anyway. It worked before and it will work again.

Blizzard virtual tickets sold rather well and not everyone used their ticket to watch it online. There were plenty of people who only got it because they added a 'limited' item to it. The mounts.

It's real easy to give the customer the feeling of 'getting a great deal' by adding a simple item, where as without that item they would not be interested. It's business tactics that have worked and will remain to work for many many years, we're simple organisms like that.

An example I could give would be your electricity provider. Every year they try to grab customers away from eachother. How do they do it? "Sign up now and get a free tablet or whatever technical goodie we got for cheap!" and it works.

True to some extent, but this is not the case here, a re-skinned mount among hundreds other mounts available in-game won't be a selling point for anyone who just unsubed angry and unsatisfied with the expansion, especially at 80$+ price point.

They do this because that's how they generate revenue, 80$ now is better than 80$ six months later, not because they are losing subs or panicking, it's just a bad timing for Blizzard to release this, made them look bad.

By the way, if you had a six months sub from before even with one day left you still get the mount . After all the mount is optional, if you are already subbed or see yourself playing for the next six months, then hey, you get a free mount :) , otherwise no one is forcing you to sub.