Class exclusive epic quests

Classic Discussion
I mean those whose rewards were Benediction/Anathema, Rhok'delar, etc. If I'm well informed, you first need some drop item to start the quest chain.

Personally I can't wait to get my shiny golden & pink staff (Benediction)

Are you guys going to invest time in this?

:)
14/09/2018 04:30Posted by Egia
Btw, I'm a little bit worried that Blizzard could cut off these quests from players who don't have the achievements/appearances in retail.

Wtf man you cant stop here this is bat country you are too hilarious.
14/09/2018 05:55Posted by Jaskajekku
Btw, I'm a little bit worried that Blizzard could cut off these quests from players who don't have the achievements/appearances in retail.

Wtf man you cant stop here this is bat country you are too hilarious.

?

I mean those whose rewards were Benediction/Anathema, Rhok'delar, etc. If I'm well informed, you first need some low drop item to start the quest chain.

Laughed at the last part.
"Cut off these quests from players who don't have the achievements/appearances in retail"? What? This makes no sense, I literally can't understand neither why you thought this would happen or why Blizzard would feel the need to do it.

About the items, Benediction requires eye of shadow and eye of divinity.
Eye of divinity drops from a boss in molten core and it has a 50% drop chance (either that or the leaf for hunters, guaranteed), while eye of shadow is indeed low drop but it's BoE, you can buy it from someone else or just farm it yourself with the help of friends/guildies.

Rhok'delar requires the leaf from molten core, mature black dragon sinew from onyxia (100% drop) and blue dragon sinew from Azuregos (a world boss, but it can be farmed on elite blue dragons too), and then you can start the quest.

Those things don't really look like time investments to me, outside of getting the items from the raids (assuming you will raid, because if you won't, then you cannot get Benediction and Rhok'delar).
It was just a thought (a paranoid one it seems) maybe due to those weapons being too unique right know or because over the years I've read many vanilla players not wanting old items to return.

14/09/2018 07:02Posted by Агграэль
I mean those whose rewards were Benediction/Anathema, Rhok'delar, etc. If I'm well informed, you first need some low drop item to start the quest chain.

Laughed at the last part.

You don't need to be so rude. That response was childish and unnecesary, and you are all too old for that :)
14/09/2018 07:04Posted by Keala
About the items, Benediction requires eye of shadow and eye of divinity.
Eye of divinity drops from a boss in molten core and it has a 50% drop chance (either that or the leaf for hunters, guaranteed), while eye of shadow is indeed low drop but it's BoE, you can buy it from someone else or just farm it yourself with the help of friends/guildies.

Rhok'delar requires the leaf from molten core, mature black dragon sinew from onyxia (100% drop) and blue dragon sinew from Azuregos (a world boss, but it can be farmed on elite blue dragons too), and then you can start the quest.

Those things don't really look like time investments to me, outside of getting the items from the raids (assuming you will raid, because if you won't, then you cannot get Benediction and Rhok'delar).

Useful response. Thank you
Would imagine I will do it, yes.
And there is Atiesh, staff of the Guardian - legendary with variants for each class it includes. I'm curious why it doesn't have a Shaman variant though.
17/09/2018 07:58Posted by Bigkeg
And there is Atiesh, staff of the Guardian - legendary with variants for each class it includes. I'm curious why it doesn't have a Shaman variant though.

Or warrior?
Or hunter?
17/09/2018 08:34Posted by Droorid
17/09/2018 07:58Posted by Bigkeg

Or warrior?
Or hunter?

That's an odd tangent.

Atiesh was a spell caster staff with both DPS and healer variants.

Why wouldn't there be an Elemental/Restoration variant for Shamans when there was versions available for druids?
I always wanted to get Quel'Serrar so I guess the quest goes on!
Well, paladins and warlocks had a quest to obtain an epic mount. Shamans could get a (not very good) epic helmet. Mages had.... pig form polymorph?
@keala

I don't recall the Sinew from Onyxia (hunter quest) being a 100% drop at all. I could be wrong though.

What I'm sure of is that you only need the Leaf from MC to start the quest. Which funny enough all it said to you was something in the line of: "Find the owner of this Leaf GL". From there you would get the three quests to form the Bow/Staff and also a quiver.

You also forgot to mention the funniest and sometimes frustrating part. Which is the quest that involves hunting down 4 elite demons around the world. Thing is, you can't use your pet or any other help (besides buffs) since anything but you can aggro the elites. All this in a not instanced enviroment, so add in the extra spice of a PvP server.

Edit.

Yup, just checked. During Vanilla was around 20% drop chance. 100% was a later CHANGE (disgusting) in Cataclysm or Woltk. If you had the quest, not only that, you could get it from the random black drakes wondering Burning Steppes.

But in Classic you should pray to those RNG gods. Enjoy being ganked a bit and see how that random fella who just wanted to help you !@#$s your grind for another 2 hours. Trully one of the greatest quests in WoW Vanilla, getting that bow was rewarding as hell.
I see, I've only done the priest quest so the hunter one was never 100% known to me, I only knew the basics.

I have never paid attention to that item, neither on vanilla retail nor private servers so that was my bad. At the same time though, even if the drop rate is not 100%, all you had to do was just wait iting for it to drop AND be assigned to you, and while that might take a while, it's not like you have to do hours of grinding to get the quest going, it's just a matter of waiting.

But yea, I was wrong on the drop rate of the black sinew.
I mean those whose rewards were Benediction/Anathema, Rhok'delar, etc. If I'm well informed, you first need some drop item to start the quest chain.

:)

I still have mine. I remember waiting for the NPC with a 2-3 hour spawn at 4-5 in the morning before school.
Altho you will need friends to get it. I got mine before they increased the drop of "Eye of Shadow" in Winterspring. That ment 5-10 people from my guild spending their friday or saturday killing demons in Winterspring for no reward at all, at the droprate of more or less a world epic.