Shamans

General
The worst healer currently ingame? The Restoration shaman!
The worst melee dps spec? The Enhancement shaman!
The worst ranged dps spec? The Elemental shaman!

So, can shamans get a BFA refund and subscription refund if they so wish?
Nowhere was there a warning about this absolutely horrendous treatment (unless you saw the developer Q&A a few months back).
Well. I also dont like, that my main is like 10% worse that any other class in game. Now if you start use cc to make run a bit easier, dps drops like you are 1st time in this game.
After some time NO ONE will take you in m+
Is Enh Shaman really the worst melee spec ? What about Dks
14/09/2018 20:31Posted by Mayoi
Is Enh Shaman really the worst melee spec ? What about Dks

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#difficulty=4&dataset=95

Wellllllll..... unholy maybe equally bad...frost? I think they are in a good spot, accordnig to the overall stats so far.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19#dataset=95

And then there are the current mythic stats, in which dk is literally topping the overall stats for the moment
Elemental might be worst ranged spec competing with Shadow Priest but Enhancement Shaman is not even close to worst melee spec.
Didn't realise resto was that bad tbh
14/09/2018 21:25Posted by Jesi
Elemental might be worst ranged spec competing with Shadow Priest but Enchantment Shaman is not even close to worst melee spec.

there is no such thing as an enchantment shaman

but how can you say that, when the log stats clearly show enhance being super super super low?
Like the higher you go in the percentiles, the worse enhance performs compared to the other classes. Or rather: The better the players of all classes become, the worse enhance competes against the rest.

and btw where did the notion come from, that dks would be bad? Like unholy maybe, but i see frost high up there in the top specs on any percentile i am checking
Logs are nothing... you have more utility than others and superior self-healing. Every sheep can pummel immobile raid boss or targed dummy for fancy numbers but numbers are not everything in this game.

Fact that Frost Death Knight is at the top and Unholy is at the bottom is laughable for example. I would rather buff Frost than Unholy and I play Unholy.
Doesnt they said that shamans, especially elemental gonna be reworked once 8.1 hits? As far as i remember they havent got enough time to work on shaman during beta, correct me if im wrong
Yea, all that utility shaman brings to raid over a dk... like deathgrip, with which we can reposition adds in a reliable manner on range
oh wait, no, that was dks, who did that.

But we have thunderstorm and can kick people out of mythrax orbs with that... oh wait, no cant do that, because thunderstorm a) has a tiny range and b) deals damage, which overwrites it's knockback component in those orbs. Args, damn.

Our amazing tremor, that we have so often use for...like you know... this one boss in atal dazar. Well and maybe the trashpacks at him, if people don't have interrupt on t heir bars.

But we have a mass stun! Yea, that stationary one, that also needs to charge up, unlike that dk disorientate, which admittadly will break immediatly, but at that point it already did everything that it was supposed to do: interrupt the mobs while doing whatever they were doing.

And ofc how could i forget that shaman BR, that we can toss out into the group as utility. Wait...that was dk aswell...damn. Welp at least we have bloodlust i guess.. that can also be brought in via drums, that literally everybody can use.
ANd i dunno, i personally would much rather take AMS and death strike over 5 healing surges before oom, that also have to be cast, if you don't have enough maelstrom.

So i am sorry, but the no matter how i look at it, dk looks perfectly fine to me, at least in frost as a dps. Mobility might be a thing you are inferior to an enh shaman in

14/09/2018 21:43Posted by Arames
Doesnt they said that shamans, especially elemental gonna be reworked once 8.1 hits? As far as i remember they havent got enough time to work on shaman during beta, correct me if im wrong

Just that 8.1 is still at least a month away, maybe two or even three.
And that is no excuse to not give shamans ANYTHING.
Not to mention that they pulled this cr4p of launching shaman in an utterly underperforming state three times in a row now. Ele at least, enhance was ok in legion beginning. But back in WoD they had to buff both ele and enh twice. Once the weekbefore the raid released and once the week after the raid released. Adding 2x 20% to LL and SS, dmg to lava burst and gave ele an additional multistrike chance on crit for lvb.
Dont even try to compare yourself with DK... you will only embarass yourself.
Watching Arena cup on twitch atm... resto shaman does not seem bad looking at that lol
shaman is crap. easy target, easy kill. especially for beginners. whole game is a joke, not only shamans have an issue
14/09/2018 20:14Posted by Disasterpiec

Nowhere was there a warning about this absolutely horrendous treatment (unless you saw the developer Q&A a few months back).
You must be high or have either never played resto or seen a good one as I main resto sham and I too heal most of the time. There healing is great.
Resto shamans are apparantly quite good in arena atm.
So are enhancement shamans.
Ele is awful though. Just awkwardly bad.
I am taking back my work.

Ion just wasted a LOT of text on NOT answering Shaman issue questions.

"But you have tremor totem" - "Niche spec" - "Mobility working as intended" and last but not least "We will have to wait for a patch"
It's great to be best at something.

Even if it's being best at being worst.
14/09/2018 20:14Posted by Disasterpiec

Says a level 7 lock.

Shamans are fine.
14/09/2018 21:40Posted by Jesi
Logs are nothing... you have more utility than others and superior self-healing. Every sheep can pummel immobile raid boss or targed dummy for fancy numbers but numbers are not everything in this game.

Fact that Frost Death Knight is at the top and Unholy is at the bottom is laughable for example. I would rather buff Frost than Unholy and I play Unholy.

Yeah, that's why there's not a single shaman in any of methods pulls.
Nice b8 m8

Folks like you should be banned from the forums.

Shamans are fine. Either that or everyone else in my raid group sucks and/or has horrible gear because an Enhance Shaman is our top dps.