Ion Elemental Immoblity Working as intended

Shaman
"Elemental Shaman is intended to be a less mobile spec, for example, while Hunters overall have mobility as an explicit strength. So when we receive feedback that a less mobile spec wishes they were more mobile, frankly, that's working as intended"

Guys relax the immoblity we have been complaining for years about is working as intended even tho hunters do way more dmg while being mobile
and the fact that we used to have lightning bolt as a cast while moving ability and spiritwalker's grace to cast while moving for the whole duration of ascendance which they removed is all working as intended. Rejoice
also shouldnt we technically beat every other class while standing still if we are intended to be immobile?
Well if Blizzard wants me to me immobile then how about like i dont know, give me some antimelee tools? Now i understand why people in reddit is negative towards this talk..
Frost shock has no cooldown and can be spammed while moving. It does almost as much damage as a lightning bolt cast (before mastery is considered, but its faster cycle means it does roughly the same as a basic single target rotation with no procs).

There are other instant spells than can also be used while moving, sudden or preplanned.

Ele isn't ideal when moving, but don't act like your spell kit can't provide some basics to fill the gaps.
16/09/2018 01:24Posted by Seung
Frost shock has no cooldown and can be spammed while moving. It does almost as much damage as a lightning bolt cast (before mastery is considered, but its faster cycle means it does roughly the same as a basic single target rotation with no procs).

There are other instant spells than can also be used while moving, sudden or preplanned.

Ele isn't ideal when moving, but don't act like your spell kit can't provide some basics to fill the gaps.

frost shock deals !@#$ dmg on baseline and our dps while moving is non existant compared to other classes but its offset in balance by being complete and utter garbage while standing still as well
I wouldn’t mind so much if the payoff was that if we were allowed to stand still we would do great damage.

We should also be a LOT tankier - there is no reason we should be less tanky than warlock or priest.

You are honor level 4 and haven't played a single ranked arena. Melee has a 100 ways of catching up on you. Have fun spamming frost shock which won't even outdamage most melee's auto-heal. If you get caught doing so enjoy dying in the stun.
16/09/2018 13:49Posted by Koekje

You are honor level 4 and haven't played a single ranked arena. Melee has a 100 ways of catching up on you. Have fun spamming frost shock which won't even outdamage most melee's auto-heal. If you get caught doing so enjoy dying in the stun.

Please teach him, honor lvl 9 and 45 rated arena games played. Seung is one of the shaman vetarans on these forums, he is not clueless. And he is right...no matter the damage, ele still has something to press during movement. Frost shock is good in that regard becuase it has a slow aswell.

I know it is hard moving from Legion, where ele was op and had almost zero weaknesses in PvP, but the spec is not trash in pvp now (not top tier either). It just requires adjusting and moving away from the ''spread FS and pump procs'' mentality. I wouldnt be surprised that FS was back on the cooldown is because of PvP.

I would argue that ele brings a lot of utility in pvp, but is no longer the main burster. Your damage needs ramp up time (and i understand why it is easy to conclude the spec suffers in 1v1, and i do think it should be buffed in that regard).

Ill come back later with a link from one streamer, who explained in detail what to make ele pvp work.

However, i still want ele to be about burst and damage. It is why i rolled the spec all those years back. But in BfA, i've found myself using far more of my spell toolkit then i did in Legion, which is a refreshing thing.

I strongly suspect somebody will soon accuse me of being a Blizz white knight, so let me just say that i didn't play WoD for the first ten months because of elemental changes. I expressed my opninion of ele with my wallet.

I can't even begin to understand how could some1 think think this is the worst ele has been. WoD was a disaster. I remember them buffing LvB damage in pvp only like 5-6 times. They took our iconic mastery and gave it to everyone via multistrike (which was removed in Legion).

In cata, we were so bad that it took an overpowered tier bonus to make us viable. Some buffs later made us solid, but still....
Frost shock generates no maelstrom and has no interaction with our mastery. It also does about 2k dps....

Blizzard said the game should be fun.... theres nothing fun about spamming frost shock....

Ele isnt trash it just feels like !@#$. Same with Enhance, theres nothing fun about spamming stormstrike.

Its a game, games are supposes to be fun, as Ion stated.
16/09/2018 15:33Posted by Nalaadu
Please teach him, honor lvl 9 and 45 rated arena games played. Seung is one of the shaman vetarans on these forums, he is not clueless.

I am a WoW veteran. My point is still valid: he didn't even play rated arena and hardly and BG's yet he claims ele is fine in PvP. The number of (ele) shamans in arena speaks louder than words.

There is absolutely 0 chances to kite a warrior, DH, monk or frost DK with frostshock. They will stick to you no matter what. Plus, priest dispell ghostwolf on top of it.

Earthgrab totem would have helped and I find that was actually a huge nerf, teh slow totem now does nothing. They all blink, dash, jump, rush you past the totem.
[quote]

Earthgrab totem would have helped and I find that was actually a huge nerf, teh slow totem now does nothing. They all blink, dash, jump, rush you past the totem.

Here you go, you just gave a great idea as pvp talent:

Immobile Totem: 1 min cooldown

Summons a totem at the target location for 15 seconds that makes any teleport, charge, blink abilites to be not casted and if casted, the target is rooted for 5 seconds.

If we should not be mobile, let us tools to make enemy immobile.
Ele shaman is only good in pvp and that only in BG. Run with you group and simply be support . That's the only way shaman shines in BG. Besides that, lava proc's are low, flame shock has long cd. this should be our main spell without cld or maelstrom cost. And lava burst doesn't need 2 charges, give only one but that actually deals some dmg. not Storm bolt 3K lava crits 5K. Compare to lock who has immolate that deals decent damage with shor casting time, chaos bolt not to mention it, and hey!! do i have to continue? Ele is broken as !@#$ but remember this game is created by Blizzard so don't expect to much from it. If there was complain about high gold drops, and complains how casual players get easy gold by doing old raids, they fix it in mater of hours.
bump this should get stickied for the grandkids to see