Flame Shock frustrating, need some advice

Shaman
So if I flame shock a target who then dies before the cooldown is over, what do I do to my next target for a whole 2-3 GCDs? Lightning bolts? I don't wanna waste lava burst damage and if I have a proc waiting I feel pressured that I'm missing out on damage that could be applied to the target. Sometimes I self heal during that time but the spec is really nice except that flame shock cooldown. Why is it on cooldown?

Bonus question - talent row 100 is not very interesting nor compelling gameplay changers, what do you like to use here?

Thank you guys
Target death should definitely reset its timer.
Most our talents are boring. They are just bandaids trying to fix a broken gameplay.

To answer your question, what I do is either Stormkeeper or EQ/Earthshock or start popping big CDs to prepare for the next flameshock and rotation. You could spec into icefury too or activate a trinket if appropriate.

I agree it is a real pain as we can't switch targets as much now, especially in pvp.

Imo, they should remove the cd but put a rule that flamshock dmg is divided among all targets or make it do X less dmg per extra targets.
Don't Flameshock targets that die in the next 6 sec.
Focus on another one. If all would die in 6sec, the tank is either pulling too slowly, or it's bursting week (as it is right now) and you can heal people a bit to help the heal.
I always mention that I need 4+ mob pulls to do decent DPS
If you try to get in groups I would advise you to make a macro to whisper the group leader your strengths (utilities written down, it's a long list) make sure to provide that utility then

Being 20% below the DPS of others is okay if you are actively kicking every 12s, purging stuff and stunning / hexing (for example uninterruptible casts that force the group moving away, motherboard assassins for example)
If your group notices this and is not stupid they will appreciate it.

There are many mobs with shields / heals where a purge actually deals around 100k Ding, effectively, which doesn't show up on the meters.
18/09/2018 13:56Posted by Zudoku
Don't Flameshock targets that die in the next 6 sec.
Focus on another one. If all would die in 6sec, the tank is either pulling too slowly, or it's bursting week (as it is right now) and you can heal people a bit to help the heal.
I always mention that I need 4+ mob pulls to do decent DPS
If you try to get in groups I would advise you to make a macro to whisper the group leader your strengths (utilities written down, it's a long list) make sure to provide that utility then

Being 20% below the DPS of others is okay if you are actively kicking every 12s, purging stuff and stunning / hexing (for example uninterruptible casts that force the group moving away, motherboard assassins for example)
If your group notices this and is not stupid they will appreciate it.

There are many mobs with shields / heals where a purge actually deals around 100k Ding, effectively, which doesn't show up on the meters.

Thats 100% true. Its nice to see high dps, but know what you do with you class and help other to have high dmg by dispelling, hexing , and like you said interrupt so they don't have to move its a big deal and everyone will appreciate that . Every class has its own strengths . That's what you have to look at class when you choose what you want too play. Don't worry if you are #10 in dps on the list while Demon hunter, or ret paladin are top that's fine. You made that possible to them by dispelling, interrupting and hexing
if you are clearing trash in raid, dont even bother casting FS. Actually don't even bother casting anything cause people will clear it before you cast 1 or 2 spells.