"make your own group"

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
Suppose I start a group for Uldir and demand that all players inside it are dwarf females. Does anyone have any right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Or if I demand max ilvl of 290, because I want to have extremly challenging raid, with most likely a lot of wipes, but challenging. Does anyone have right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Or if I demand ilvl of 380 for raid which drops 350, if I want SUPER SMOOTH fast with closed eyes done run. Does anyone have right to complain? Absolutely not, you are not forced to join it.

Therefore, your QQ here about the requirements set by other person is completelly pointless. Either move on or make your own group. Trust me, making, organizing and leading the pug is not sometimes anyone enjoys doing in their free times. That said, I prefer to be done with it in 2 hours max. In order to achiever that, I wlil also ask curve and 940+ for Antorus Normal. You dislike it? Move on, and make your own grp. Trust me, there is a lot of people like you who will join and you together wlil be able to progress through the raid the whole Saturday afternoon.

Whatever you wrote down to justify it, is irrelevant. Everyone is allowed to set their own requirements, there is literally no problem here. Just because some of them are not valid in your own eyes, doesn't mean you are right.

Regards,
Imm
This discussion is pointless this is what i do to level my !@#$ty alts. I make my own group.
While agreeing with many of the posters here, I just have to say that... Geez the level of snobbery is strong. Just wauw xD
and yet the only solution is

MAKE YOUR OWN GROUP

i just dinged a new druid 2days ago and want ed to do some simple +2 and oh lord these people are depleted with their 340gs.

therefor i asked already for a simple +2 for350+ because i couldnt finish toldagor +2 twice with <350 people in a row.

people are horrible and sadly you cant use raider.io yet for low keys.

the only solution blizzard can make is remove all the welfare gear from warfront, lfr/normal raid, weekly chest. but when everyone and their aunt is 340+ ilvl after 5hours on lvl120 then yes i ask for 350+

edit: and just another deplete because 345 ilvl people too dumbf or king rest +2

amazing should rather wait 30min and wait for 360ilvl
You keep calling it a problem, it's not. People have the right to make their own groups and ask for whatever requirements they like.

There will always be different kind of players. Good with low ilvl and bad with high ilvl. Those that make groups rather have players with high ilevel because even if they are bad, the high stats on their armor can change the fight. Even if it's something as simple as having a bigger health pool.

I understand you don't like this answer, but making your own group is the solution. It's really not such a big deal.
If I make a group for a dungeon because I have a quest there then I won't ask for anything special, since I rather do it with others that need to do that quest as well. However, I will still rather choose the players with high ilvl that sign up, since it will make things easier. It's my group and my choice.

It's like soccer in school. You choose the good players or your friends, even though they can play badly on that day. It's your team.

Anyway, just make your own group and invite whoever you want, low or high.
You can write in the description box in LFG exactly what you are looking for and you will find the players for it.
Im a casual player, i work and have a life. I cant spend whole evening wiping on a mythic 0. I have to play safe. I dont have the time to check if you are skilled enough to compensate for ilvls.
18/09/2018 01:56Posted by Subbie
There's plenty of groups without iLvl requirements/with low requirements, so what's wrong with those?

Easy.
Those groups have a much smaller chance of successfully carrying him in a 7-10 m+
Could we please stop using this as the answer to everything related to dungeon and raid PUGs asking for excessive item levels for the simplest of runs? I get it, you want to hide the issue under the rug …

No, they just want to be nice. The real answer is: Stop being a loner and get some friends.

The best solution for PUG issues is to avoid PUGs like the plague, because that's what they are. They are for the bottom of the barrel players. They serve as well as a source of cheap bots for the rest of us if we don't want to bother our friends with some silly normal instance. But in essence is the solution to all issues with PUGs to don't PUG.

Community hostile and toxic? Play less PUGs!
Players bad and not kicking? Play less PUGs!
Lost faith in humanity? Avoid PUGs for a while.

Everything in wow is better without this kind of pugs you are talking about. If you build a pick up group from your friendlist, things are much different.
Hold on guys, the solution is at hand - mythic + LFD - same as LFR but for mythic + whilst being on normal dificulty so every snowflake is entitled to enjoy everything without any effort.

And btw I would suggest finding a guild which is the best way to run mythic plus without fear of not being accepted. Every casual guild runs this content novadays and everyone can use active players who are willing to go. If your guild cant even do that then it is not WoW problem.
18/09/2018 06:10Posted by Taronn
Do you want Blizzard to force better players to play with less skilled people just to make those players feel better about themselves?

Sounds like my 2's partner ( him being the better player ) :D
You aren't being limited in any way. If players decide not to take you - tough !@#$%^s.

As most have said, the option to make your own group is there.

The option to make a friend only group is there.

The option to make a guild group is there.

You're not being limited in any way by Blizzard. This is all down to 1) player choice and 2) your own choices. Deal with it.
Honestly, I try to avoid going for anyone asking for high ivls for trivial content. If you're asking 350 for an M0, that suggests you don't know the mechanics of the fights and don't know how to play your class properly. Besides, how dull is a dungeon if everyone over-gears it by 25 lvls?

That said, making your own groups and setting sensible ilvl requirements really is the only solution to the problem. Blizz can't force people to take lower item level people, and if they didn't let us set gear levels in the group finder then we'd just do it manually anyway.
18/09/2018 12:54Posted by Dargaroth
If you're asking 350 for an M0, that suggests you don't know the mechanics of the fights and don't know how to play your class properly

Yeah no. It just lower the chance of failure in pugs, due to overgearing. Yes, yes, you can wipe in trivial content with high ilvl, I know, but generally speaking, chances are lower you will wipe in M0 if everyone is 350, than if everyone is 300.

So don't try to spin it around.

Again, this whole discussion is pointless. You cannot complain over someone else's requirements. Again, I can make a dungeon and require that only female tauren monks join. Can anyone complain? No. How is that different than asking for 360 for M0?

Regards,
Imm
My group = my rules. Your group = your rules. Make your own group if you don't like someone else's requirements is literally the legitimate answer to your unreasonable position.
Can we stop using strawmans and logical leaps in order to spill venom and toxin at our peers?

No one in the LFG tool owes you a /kneel.
Players making their own group are perfectly entitled to set the rules for that group, you, on the other hand are NOT entitled to force them to change those rules.

Sounds to me like you're one of those players that want others to do all the hard work while you get carried through a dungeon doing SFA.
I mean if you can't even be bothered to make your own group then you deserve not to be included in anyone elses.
17/09/2018 22:59Posted by Midnightfist
Could we please stop using this as the answer to everything related to dungeon and raid PUGs asking for excessive item levels for the simplest of runs? I get it, you want to hide the issue under the rug and claim it doesn't exist, but when the majority of groups are asking for ilvl requirements that are beyond what you can get from the content, there is a serious problem. Saying "just make your own groups" isn't going to solve the problem.

The problem is that there are a lot of players who are skilled enough to do the content but aren't being let in because they haven't got the ilvl high enough to do it. And let's not even talk about how your highest ilvl gear isn't usually your best gear. My highest ilvl is 351 but my best gear for dps (depending on the situation) is 345.

https://raider.io/characters/eu/silvermoon/Midnightfist

You haven't even took the time to do every key on a +2 or higher yet and you're complaining about groups not taking you due to ilvl? They aren't taking you because you haven't bothered to even try every key yet and you are probably lacking any knowledge regarding the dungeons.

A lot of people use the raider.io addon and when they see a score below 500 it just screams that you haven't bothered to do all the dungeons, even a low level yet.

Why the hell would anyone take you over someone who has put the time in? There is no reason. Do a bunch of +2's and work up from there, like most people do.

PS: You haven't even bothered to do your weekly on 4x +0's yet to get a free piece of 370 loot.
Just don't inv shamans and prot warriors.
There's truth to it, but I feel that often it's used to just tell someone to stop whining.
Not everyone likes to lead, or maybe doesn't know the best way to progress further with their character (gear, gems, rotation, etc).

I think it would be better to try help them with that instead. The forum could use some positivity.
18/09/2018 14:35Posted by Cheekyute
You haven't even took the time to do every key on a +2 or higher yet and you're complaining about groups not taking you due to ilvl?

to be fair, it is entirely possible that a player hasnt done all dungeons in mythic+2. i am still missing two and unless my friends and myself get the key it wont happen anytime soon.

that beeing said. if you go into random groups and you are behind the progress curve, expect to earn your stay. i would insta kick anybody that doesnt have a weapon enchant or has open gem slots (the cheap ones are like 5 gold).