Stop complaining about our class.

Shaman
Prev 1 3 4 5
18/09/2018 09:42Posted by Beeblebrox
People need to stop posting about ele/enh/resto shamans.
We know we have a few issues.
There are some posts that provide good criticism adding what needs to change. Those are fine.
But people need to stop complaining. We are just damaging our class reputation in-game.
If you don't like the class just re-roll.
My opinion is chill and just try to find ways to improve your game either it's pve or pvp.

I've done some pve and pvp. And as main elemental we are not that bad as many people point out. Yes I miss legion and yes I know we are not perfect.
Things will just get better sooner or later.

No arena rating, 5k honor kills, barely any achies, so your new
I understand why you have no idea what you talking about

But i totally agree, let's make some few posts about how trash shamans are and prey they do something! Instead of we acually speak up about the problem, and show them that's there is acually a problem!
Complaining is what makes blizz do changes. Its sad, but it is what it is
28/10/2018 18:57Posted by Fygle
18/09/2018 09:42Posted by Beeblebrox
People need to stop posting about ele/enh/resto shamans.
We know we have a few issues.
There are some posts that provide good criticism adding what needs to change. Those are fine.
But people need to stop complaining. We are just damaging our class reputation in-game.
If you don't like the class just re-roll.
My opinion is chill and just try to find ways to improve your game either it's pve or pvp.

I've done some pve and pvp. And as main elemental we are not that bad as many people point out. Yes I miss legion and yes I know we are not perfect.
Things will just get better sooner or later.

But i totally agree, let's make some few posts about how trash shamans are and prey they do something! Instead of we acually speak up about the problem, and show them that's there is acually a problem!

Is this a !@#$ing joke?

Have I said, I did high end content on both pvp and pve? I said I've done SOME. SOME, content not high not low fcking general content.
Tell us Mr. pro constructive post how I don't understand. Teach me. And thank you for reminding me that I'm not into PVP a lot. I totally forgot. Apologies but you had me triggered and I bet that was your intention. Congratz

I've said I know the class has problems and Blizzard is trying to do some fixes. And my %^-*ing RECOMMENDATION TO YOU IGNORANT TROLL !@#$S was to CHILL THE %^-* OUT and try to improve YOUR game and ADOPT that means = CHALLENGE/IMPROVEMENT, ADAPTATION = ENJOYMENT/FRUSTRATION = REWARD

And ofc 60%+(edit) of the replies on this post were TROLLS.
A lot of people have already spoken what are the problems. Hence why Blizzard is doing some changes. (that ofc might not be embraced from everyone like always)

I !@#$ing enjoy my shaman to the fullest for the content I'm doing. I know the class limitations and I give 0 %^-*s about people calling shamans trash.
I've seen many people that took Ele shaman to high end content. Both pvp and pve with very good results.
I wish I had their talent or workrate to play my shaman like that. But I'm not that skillful. And I'll never reach their level.
This doesn't mean I suck. Not every player in WoW needs to be a !@#$ing PRO. This game is for everyone. It's a fcking MMORPG. And I'm starting to believe that it's not Blizzards problem but the community is %^-*ing TRASH. At least the majority. Thank god I find some decent people that can actually try to socialize and play the game together. That's what MMORPG are for.

The game has much more flaws than class imbalance. And I'm not gonna sit here explaining what. It's all over the internet on why BFA is not in a good spot right now.

If blizzard would listen to everyone this game would be a !@#$fest.
Do you even know how democracy works?
Can you imagine having the public VOTE (online polls lets say) for each and every %^-*ing decision the government makes? That would create !@#$ing chaos.
The thing I want to say is that, you will always have people crying w.e Blizzard does. Blizzard can't please each individual player.
Let them do their %^-*ing jobs. They can't listen to every !@#$ing request. People have been crying over class imbalances since the beginning of the game. Get a %^-*ing life. This game is going on for more than 10 years.
If you don't like the game stop paying for it. And actually enjoy something in your life instead of crying all the time.

And for that fcking guy that spends more time in the forums crying than actually playing the game Mr. Varileztra 7k posts
Tell us again how one of the best shaman theorycrafter quit the game.
Have you actually READ his !@#$ing public letter? The GUY FELT his subscription is not justified for the content he is getting. That's his decision about BFA and he just stop paying for it. That's %^-*ing it. I you feel the same I recommend to un-sub too.

I'm gonna leave these links here. If anyone is interested about good shamy youtube channels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOSjZL3PNIM&t=184s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHPXG74qnU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhAa0r0dumiejEEZ5ZNl8Q

And this (Whats wrong with Mythic+ community)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1KnpWG7bJI&fbclid=IwAR2brXL4PrwlZ24ZDQ0oStA03r1UuqJwKyaLzEVNtLvWG1jFTX9Wld3ungA

But yeah I have no clue what I'm talking about. w.e
These forums are public and since I'm playing the game I can say whatever the !@#$ I want. Just like all the %^-*ing lonely crybaby trolls that keep posting !@#$ comments and posts.
yikes
30/10/2018 11:50Posted by Zarkad
yikes

Indeed, but reading through the lines/swearing etc :D I do agree with what he says.

He replied to someone who went all Asmongold on him....someone gives their opinion, and they go and check their profile, make an insult, and then start saying other stuff....some people are tired of it. I myself couldn't be bothered.

In BfA I haven't done anything worth mentioning yet, in Legion I did ok, I went up to HC raiding, something I hadn't done in the past.

But even so, everyone is entitled to an opinion. I also enjoy my shaman, I even enjoy BfA. But if you say that, the so-called pros come out and start insulting you....that if you enjoy BfA you must be braindead or something....not that I let my mood get ruining by some !@#$ty kid who thinks it's ok to insult anyone he/she pleases.....over a game.

But as he said, we live in a democracy right, so everyone is entitled to state their opinion.

I also think, just wait for the patch. I have a good feeling about how elemental will be.

It is a fact that we play a BETA since the start of the expansion. I just chill myself, my life aint depending on this game. If my start spec starts being useful a few weeks after the expansion, then so be it....I'm focussing on levelling my alts, doing most quests, doing some rep stuff, but not grinding my a** off :-D
Brought some marshmallows to roast on the flames left by Beeblebrox there :D

In between the expletives I think I agree with you and thanks for the videos. i'm going to check them out. i've been looking for some good shammy videos :)

As others have said on here. If you go into any class forums, they are all complaining that their class is underpowered because of blah blah. Seems that too many people want to be FOTM. Being top doesn't bother me. Working as a team to overcome the challenges is what matters. The MMO part of the MMORPG :)

I've only just started healing mythics, in fact I have only done one, but it was no great challenge and to be honest, I was a bit worried after reading a lot of the crying on here about the state of shamans. So maybe I'm missing something, but when a group works together (ye know... MMORPG), then what's the problem?

Yes, i'm a filthy casual, I log on with my mates, we team up and do a few dungeons. It might take us longer, who knows, I don't waste my time PUGing but when we complete the dungeon, it's a win for all of us.

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion on how the game should be played, but my logic is this is a social game where players work together. I think there are a lot of people who care about 'ME' and not about 'US'.

I'll sit back, smoke my pipe, take a swig of ale.... chomp on my hot marshmallow and wait to get told I don't know anything lol! :D
30/10/2018 12:18Posted by Kudir
He replied to someone who went all Asmongold on him....someone gives their opinion, and they go and check their profile, make an insult, and then start saying other stuff....some people are tired of it. I myself couldn't be bothered.

Should I roast his profile too? Nop. I'm pretty sure he is a troll. If he is an actual good player, then, his a fcking prick/troll.
I've done some decent grinding on Mythic+ since legion 7.3.2. I know what my skills are and how far I can go. I won't take shiet from anyone.

At least Asmongold, most of the time does this constructively. (I think)
I actually enjoyed some of his videos. And most of the time I agree with the guy.

I also enjoy watching Naesam (Shamxd) and others (e.g Tiqqle). These are people that actually play the game fully and always give constructive criticism and test a bunch of stuff. e.g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvfQHFHPlL0&t=1352s

And of course everyone is entitled to their opinion. But giving utterly stupid opinions doesn't help anyone.

30/10/2018 12:21Posted by Gulkas
I've only just started healing mythics, in fact I have only done one, but it was no great challenge and to be honest, I was a bit worried after reading a lot of the crying on here about the state of shamans. So maybe I'm missing something, but when a group works together (ye know... MMORPG), then what's the problem?

Everyone has to start from somewhere. You can do so many stuff in WoW. Personally i spent 90% of my playing time grinding mythics cause that's what I enjoy.
The only thing you need to read (if interested) is guides and how to improve your gameplay (if you want to). Not crap posts on how 1 stupid number or talent makes a class trash.
If you play with your mates that's awesome. That's what I do myself, and we tag along with some randoms that don't mind coming in our discord and play together and get to know each other. that's what MMORPGs are for.
If you guys want to progress on mythic plus you can start by reading some guides learn the mechanics and slowly grind up that rating. doing 2s then 4s etc etc.
You will fail so so many times. That's part of the experience and learning.
No 1 (team) goes in a mythic+10 the first time and wrecks everything (with 0 knowledge).
Cheers Beeblebrox. I think, the way we are playing is pretty much like you said. We'll see how far up the M+ tree we can climb, but for us it's a group achievement, so it's about completing the dungeon, not necessarily beating timers blah blah. I'd rather do one hard instance that takes 2 hours and we get it in the end, rather than do 5 easy ones and achieve nothing special.

I'll definitely be reading up on the guides. I go to Icy Veins a lot for 'how to play' stuff, but I need to get into the dungeon Mythic guides too.
@Beeblebrox agreed, and I also enjoy Asmons vids, but sometimes it's a bit over the top, but his audience is fairly childish sometimes :-)

I also enjoy these shammy vids on youtube, sometimes a bit too technical. I know things are logged and measured, but going through logs like it almost being math, for me takes away the fun. Plus it takes away the RPG of things. I am aware for high content you need perfect talents per fight even, when it comes to RPG that doesn't make sense though, since in the end, you make a character, hopefully unique, but in wow that's gone, since everyone just copies what's on ciy veins, or what comes out of sims :-D , I sometimes take a more fun talent and I accept the "calculated" DPS loss. E.G., I use aftershock, I don't miss the totems, aftershock is awesome and fun!!!

I did see Naesam's latest vids. I guess it's about timing of CDs. I do try to get a bit of a rotation, at least the start, in my system, but I ain't a robot :-). I do sometimes wonder though, certain fights, it's better to wait with CDs. Not all fights you pop CDs at the start, but first I get to know the fights, hen I start to learn the moments where I pop my CDs. I'm not taking exact moments from a guide, I still do part of that by feeling/instinct. Of course I could measure my gameplay, and perfection it. I wish I had time for certain things, but this is the best I can do. Already try sticking to one spec, if I play too many alts, you can't really get good at one particular one.
I must admit that I had hoped, with the introduction of the patch 8.1 on the ptr I had my heart a thousand and trying my class I had noticed that a potential improvement was there, even if not free from problems
the rotation was particularly confusing talents that were in contrast, we always remained the usual turrets, but still, but at least we did more damage.

after the modifications after nerf and change of the ice fury, I tested my class thoroughly and I must say that now I do not want these changes I keep what is now on live.

the rotation is confused the damage is the same as I do in the live server I to the dummy 11.2k against the 10.8k of the ptr, still the same identical problems not obvious by a possible increase in damage,
if I use ice fury I lose dps if use frostshock I lose dps
surge of power: the only good thing was the overlord guaranteed on lb now RNG is therefore not reliable and does not go in the combo with unlimited power, before you could safely do two proc and waste the third to refreshare the buff and have always active (you had to be good but you could do it)
the line talents of the single-strenght level 60 master of the element
I can not find any step forward, I respect the live, in fact I find everything cumbersome.

many will be glad they can go back to elemental balst ice fury, but I wonder if you're serious? why do I have to rotate 7 spells to do less dps than a mage?

- - - Updated - - -

the most effective rotation is a scariness machine

ie launch the lavaburst before an earthshock (so as not to be affected by the nerf) launch a Lightingbolt make the surge of power buff on lightinig bolt launch a lavaburst and raise lightinig bolt with the proc once finished you must get to cd of the LVB for reuse an Earthshock and so on.

is the only way to have a constant dps sometimes increases,
but it is of an absurd machinosity the best talents are: 231111 and final to choose between 1o2
@Beeblebrox you need to take a chill pill. You made topic "Stop complaining about our class". What the hell did you expect from people while class is in this state?
Read your own first post, please do it.

Me personally, i am disguted when i read "If you don't like the class just re-roll" but you remain somewhat cool and had positivity. Get in to your head that people aint gonna damage image of class by voicing their opinion. DPS charts will (or however they are called).

Going all caps and $%#*?-* ... What if we responded to you in the same way after that first post?
30/10/2018 16:04Posted by Gromche
@Beeblebrox you need to take a chill pill. You made topic "Stop complaining about our class". What the hell did you expect from people while class is in this state?
Read your own first post, please do it.

Maybe you are right. Then again all I wanted to say is people need to chill a bit and be more constructive. Tbh I started visiting the forums because of shamans ''current state''. And I felt I needed to say something. I'm passionate about the class and id never re-roll. And about that re-roll thing I said. I wouldn't never wanted someone who's a shaman to re-roll. And I've said that before I think.
I've had a lot of people make fun of me because I'm playing an elemental. Maybe sometimes as a joke. But still. I felt I was defending my class.
I'll just take a break from the forums.
@ Beeblebrox.

Don't you dare! You're my current source of video tutorial content!! :D :D :D
Hey guys, how come I'm always 2k dps below other classes with an ilvl similar or a bit higher to mine? Surely 5-10 ilvl don't make up for 2k dps.

I really hope they do more changes then the current ones for ele in 8.1 because in 13 years of playing this class, it's the first time I'm really that bored and annoyed that I'm always at the bottom of the dps meter. I'm ilvl 356 and I should be able to do at least +7 or +8 but people don't even want to +5 or +6 with me because I'm a shaman.
31/10/2018 06:15Posted by Nilutsu
really hope they do more changes then the current ones for ele in 8.1 because in 13 years of playing this class, it's the first time I'm really that bored and annoyed that I'm always at the bottom of the dps meter. I'm ilvl 356 and I should be able to do at least +7 or +8 but people don't even want to +5 or +6 with me because I'm a shaman.

Have you forgotten the start of TBC ?
The situation was exactly the same.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj8DOWY-O1o

Mythic+ is nice. But the system is failing.
Blizzard needs to focus that too.
30/10/2018 09:37Posted by Beeblebrox
28/10/2018 18:57Posted by Fygle

Is this a !@#$ing joke?

Have I said, I did high end content on both pvp and pve? I said I've done SOME. SOME, content not high not low fcking general content.
Tell us Mr. pro constructive post how I don't understand. Teach me. And thank you for reminding me that I'm not into PVP a lot. I totally forgot. Apologies but you had me triggered and I bet that was your intention. Congratz

I've said I know the class has problems and Blizzard is trying to do some fixes. And my %^-*ing RECOMMENDATION TO YOU IGNORANT TROLL !@#$S was to CHILL THE %^-* OUT and try to improve YOUR game and ADOPT that means = CHALLENGE/IMPROVEMENT, ADAPTATION = ENJOYMENT/FRUSTRATION = REWARD

And ofc 60%+(edit) of the replies on this post were TROLLS.
A lot of people have already spoken what are the problems. Hence why Blizzard is doing some changes. (that ofc might not be embraced from everyone like always)

I !@#$ing enjoy my shaman to the fullest for the content I'm doing. I know the class limitations and I give 0 %^-*s about people calling shamans trash.
I've seen many people that took Ele shaman to high end content. Both pvp and pve with very good results.
I wish I had their talent or workrate to play my shaman like that. But I'm not that skillful. And I'll never reach their level.
This doesn't mean I suck. Not every player in WoW needs to be a !@#$ing PRO. This game is for everyone. It's a fcking MMORPG. And I'm starting to believe that it's not Blizzards problem but the community is %^-*ing TRASH. At least the majority. Thank god I find some decent people that can actually try to socialize and play the game together. That's what MMORPG are for.

The game has much more flaws than class imbalance. And I'm not gonna sit here explaining what. It's all over the internet on why BFA is not in a good spot right now.

If blizzard would listen to everyone this game would be a !@#$fest.
Do you even know how democracy works?
Can you imagine having the public VOTE (online polls lets say) for each and every %^-*ing decision the government makes? That would create !@#$ing chaos.
The thing I want to say is that, you will always have people crying w.e Blizzard does. Blizzard can't please each individual player.
Let them do their %^-*ing jobs. They can't listen to every !@#$ing request. People have been crying over class imbalances since the beginning of the game. Get a %^-*ing life. This game is going on for more than 10 years.
If you don't like the game stop paying for it. And actually enjoy something in your life instead of crying all the time.

And for that fcking guy that spends more time in the forums crying than actually playing the game Mr. Varileztra 7k posts
Tell us again how one of the best shaman theorycrafter quit the game.
Have you actually READ his !@#$ing public letter? The GUY FELT his subscription is not justified for the content he is getting. That's his decision about BFA and he just stop paying for it. That's %^-*ing it. I you feel the same I recommend to un-sub too.

I'm gonna leave these links here. If anyone is interested about good shamy youtube channels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOSjZL3PNIM&t=184s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKHPXG74qnU

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhAa0r0dumiejEEZ5ZNl8Q

And this (Whats wrong with Mythic+ community)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1KnpWG7bJI&fbclid=IwAR2brXL4PrwlZ24ZDQ0oStA03r1UuqJwKyaLzEVNtLvWG1jFTX9Wld3ungA

But yeah I have no clue what I'm talking about. w.e
These forums are public and since I'm playing the game I can say whatever the !@#$ I want. Just like all the %^-*ing lonely crybaby trolls that keep posting !@#$ comments and posts.

Eles are pretty good numbers wise, Naesam did a +19 so we are viable, its just that the rotation is meh. Maybe im spoiled by frostquake build in antorus, which was imo the most fun ever, but theres just not enough of a skill ceiling. Atleast icefury will be viable in 8.1, and the new reincarnation trait so we can die more, lol.
18/09/2018 15:04Posted by Beeblebrox
Guys I totally agree with you. I'm not ignorant.
But I find it pointless to keep complaining, it's been 2 months now. And we knew we would suck even before the exp, on pre-patch.
They said (blizzard) they know the issues and a hotfix is out of the question until 8.1. So we need to be patient. (for ele/ench)
I'm still having fun with the game (until now) but that's just me. For some, it's not fun and It's fully understandable.

Based on Slanderman's letter he felt the subscription wasn't worth it (for him) at the game's current state. It's not only Shaman class that is suffering. The core gear system of BfA is shiet. Along with it, so many other flaws. The release feels rushed.

So who's up quitting all together? :P Lets all shamans pause the subscription fee giving the same reason to blizzard. ''Fix our fcking class.''

until 8.1 for ele and 8.2 for enh **