You found a bug on our beta expansion? Banned for a month!

General
1 2 3 8 Next
The paladin that soloed mother and vectis got banned for a month.For finding a bug.That shouldnt exist in the first place.That should have been resolved in the actual beta not the current live one.
I am pretty sure this post will be locked by the end of the night as well.
25/09/2018 18:32Posted by Kurosu
That should have been resolved in the actual beta not the current live one.

What do you mean? We are playing Beta and the live version is coming in the next patch.

Why do you create it then? If you know that discussing punishments is not allowed, I wonder why you open a topic about it.
For finding a bug.

... and exploiting it.

The exploit being the issue.

That shouldnt exist in the first place.

Humans make mistakes and with a game as complex as WoW there's going to be bugs.
25/09/2018 18:42Posted by Theronarum

Why do you create it then? If you know that discussing punishments is not allowed, I wonder why you open a topic about it.

Since when having an opinion is not allowed? I said it will be closed because I have noticed that most if not all posts that show a bad image for blizzard are closed .Could be my imagination
Its not like he strolled into somewhere and stumbled across a bug. He actively used one mechanic then with help/a summon, used the bug to kill the latest bosses.

On top of that, posted a video about it which found its way onto an exploit site. Its not surprising he was banned.
It was a huge exploit and he deserved to get banned
Wow, another one of those. He is lucky that he only got one month after exploiting two bugs and showing the world how to do it. A ban is more than justified.

Also he didn't get banned for finding a bug. But nice propaganda there.
The paladin that soloed mother and vectis got banned for a month.For finding a bug.That shouldnt exist in the first place.That should have been resolved in the actual beta not the current live one.

And this affects you how?

Ah it doesn’t you just want to sh*t stir.
25/09/2018 18:47Posted by Eggs
Its not like he strolled into somewhere and stumbled across a bug. He actively used one mechanic then with help/a summon, used the bug to kill the latest bosses.

On top of that, posted a video about it which found its way onto an exploit site. Its not surprising he was banned.

Well , legally , if you find 100$ on the floor on your way to the supermarket, you need to go to the police and hand them. But do you do that?

So , stop with "abusing" bug. Everyone will abuse. Sure, this guy even recorded and uploaded the video, but guess what? He's pretty known now. So he's a famous.

But Blizz, shouldn't really ban the guy for 1 month. I mean, one user above said "Human Error". Human Error on my money ?! Ok, sure, but come forward and admit you made LOTS of errors in this expansion, not just this bug.

So for Blizz to have MULTIPLE "human error" is fine, right?! But isn't if a user is using it... TO MAKE A POINT , hence, he uploaded the video.

More common sense, less azz kissing please.
25/09/2018 18:46Posted by Kurosu
25/09/2018 18:42Posted by Theronarum

Since when having an opinion is not allowed? I said it will be closed because I have noticed that most if not all posts that show a bad image for blizzard are closed .Could be my imagination

If he was banned for breaking blizzards rules then how does it show them in a bad light? It's like saying a newspaper report saying how the police caught and prosecuted a mugger is showing the police in a bad light. Some people make me laugh so much it's better than watching Jeremy Kyle on DNA results day hahahaha
... and exploiting it.

Define exploiting? Using a bug to kill a normal raid boss which gives trivial loot? Same amount of effort could be applied in an LFR run of that boss.

♿️Devs coming through!♿️
25/09/2018 18:54Posted by Jagarde
Well , legally , if you find 100$ on the floor on your way to the supermarket, you need to go to the police and hand them. But do you do that?

So , stop with "abusing" bug. Everyone will abuse. Sure, this guy even recorded and uploaded the video, but guess what? He's pretty known now. So he's a famous.

But Blizz, shouldn't really ban the guy for 1 month. I mean, one user above said "Human Error". Human Error on my money ?! Ok, sure, but come forward and admit you made LOTS of errors in this expansion, not just this bug.

So for Blizz to have MULTIPLE "human error" is fine, right?! But isn't if a user is using it... TO MAKE A POINT , hence, he uploaded the video.

More common sense, less azz kissing please.

So what you're saying is, he knew he was doing wrong but did it anyway because he wanted the fame from the video.

Cool, enjoy the ban.

Good, he should be banned. It wasn't something he found/did accidentally while he was livestreaming. He knew exactly what to do / how to exploit the bug, and he made a video about it to show everyone else in the game how to do it. He is lucky that he didn't got a perma ban.
it wasn't a bug tho, it was clever use of game mechanics

u found a bug oh well great but why would u go and solo raid bosses with that thats totally exploiting u should of known that was going to be bad for u its like finding a hack that can one shot bosses in game and saying oh this hack should of never existed in first place hack no u are wrong about this sir and u deserved a ban
if u find somethink u think that should not exist then report it instead of killing raid bosses with it.
25/09/2018 18:54Posted by Darkmein

And this affects you how?

Ah it doesn’t you just want to sh*t stir.

So by the same logic, if someone starts killing everyone at the house next to you, you should shut your mouth and be silent as a grave because it doesnt affect you personally in any way?

Extreme example but thats how flowed your logic is.
25/09/2018 18:43Posted by Someoneelse
For finding a bug.

... and exploiting it.

That shouldnt exist in the first place.

Humans make mistakes and with a game as complex as WoW there's going to be bugs.

How do you prove a bug if you do not test it? He found that you can spawn worms outside of dungeon, he tries to think of worst case you can exploit that, he soloed a current tier boss (great achivement) while proving that current design of an ability is problematic given specific circumstances. he reported it and made it public, shareing all data collected.
What is wrong with that?

Exploiting a game bug to your advantage is against the rules, yes. Using a bug to prove an ability is not well designed, as he did, is good for the game. All in all he did good and IMO he does not deserve a ban. I dont remember if Swifty, who is known for finding unintentional game mechanics (oneshot macro) and many game bugs (wich he filmed and reported), was banned for that.
He wasn't doing any progression race and there should have been no ban. Besides, I don't think he was abusing a bug; the game mechanic allowed for very high stacks on last defender; it's not his fault. Shame on Blizz, this guy was doing their job for them.