You found a bug on our beta expansion? Banned for a month!

General
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
Well, news.

Rextroy got unbanned and Blizz apologized.

So there you go white knights. Babbling ,,omg, exploit, ban who cares, cheater'' without any info about the person in cause makes you look like a fool .
they cant make their game work properly, better ban people!
25/09/2018 22:38Posted by Shandlyre
Well, news.

So there you go white knights. Babbling ,,omg, exploit, ban who cares, cheater'' without any info about the person in cause makes you look like a fool .

Unbans can be unjustified too.
Well, news.

Basically just advertising if you’re a “known” player you get away with exploiting. If it was anyone else it wouldn’t have been reverted. Still deserves a ban, still exploited.
Well, news.

That has nothing to do with white knights. I disagree with the blue and reverting the ban. Rextroys videos go far beyond testing for bugs or finding out how they work. He didn't have to kill Vectis or those dozens of people to show that something is wrong.

It doesn't mean !@#$ that he helped fix a lot of bugs. If he breaks the rules, he gets banned. This stinks of preferential treatment.
Very bad, bad Player. Uncle Blizzard dosent like when you are showing people how bad they are at creating their game.

No no, especially now when things are looking worst by the day
Remember guys, just because we're paying to play test Beta for Azeroth doesn't mean we get to actually find and confirm bugs without getting banned.
25/09/2018 22:55Posted by Manieks
Very bad, bad Player. Uncle Blizzard dosent like when you are showing people how bad they are at creating their game.

No no, especially now when things are looking worst by the day

25/09/2018 23:04Posted by ßootyßandit
Remember guys, just because we're paying to play test Beta for Azeroth doesn't mean we get to actually find and confirm bugs without getting banned.

Guys he was unbanned get over it.Blizzard apologized.
they probably rolled back his stuff.
for those you think he deserved the ban,one way to report a bug is to reproduce it and make a video of it or show each steps.Just saying "something is bug" wont help them that much.
Though I agree he could use a few days(or one) suspension(for some of his videos,not all of them).just saying.
25/09/2018 18:32Posted by Kurosu
The paladin that soloed mother and vectis got banned for a month.For finding a bug.That shouldnt exist in the first place.That should have been resolved in the actual beta not the current live one.
I am pretty sure this post will be locked by the end of the night as well.

He just didn't find a bug. He went on exploit it and potentially gain from it from a current boss that is considered current content. Furthermore he went on to post the video to alert the masses that he exploited it and HOW he exploited it.

Does that sound like JUST finding a bug?

Don't make me laugh. If you find a game-breaking bug one of the first things you do is actually submit to the company in PRIVATE through their e-mail address.

That's how you submit a bug. Good job on the ban.
Sorry but bizz lost my respect on this one, I would hate to be the one to find this !@#$ out only to get the ban hammer for blizzards own mistakes. Poor decision, you should of fixed the exploit and moved on with development. Not try and discourage others by making an example of someone. Disgusting behaviour.
25/09/2018 23:12Posted by Tymaar
He just didn't find a bug. He went on exploit it and potentially gain from it from a current boss that is considered current content. Furthermore he went on to post the video to alert the masses that he exploited it and HOW he exploited it.

Exploit it how? Was it killing the horde players that ran into him or the fact that he killed a boss for gear with lower ilvl than the junk you can buy on the AH just to prove a point? He even waited for it to be fixed before releasing the video.

Does that sound like JUST finding a bug?

No, but it seems like he's actually doing Blizzards job for them by checking numbers that should've been fixed before the launch.

Don't make me laugh. If you find a game-breaking bug one of the first things you do is actually submit to the company in PRIVATE through their e-mail address.

Actually it's not. You usually want to check if you can replicate it so you can give more detailed information than "oh I was doing this thing and suddenly I dealt a thousand times more damage than I ever should".

That's how you submit a bug. Good job on the ban.

Except that it apparently wasn't the way.
Well, so he is known by blizzard for bug reporting and this is how he does it, fair enough bit strange but it's a detailed way of reporting it.

But when you view it from someone outside of blizzard HQ it just appears that he is bug exploiting.
Bugs From Azeroth.

BFA right?

Deliberately taking extra time to fix stuff or not caring at all, as part of their renovated sub-gating programme.
Ban got reversed. Took em a few hours but at least they woke up i guess
This is so sad.

Just another proof that Blizzard don't even try out the contents they make....
Blizzard lashing out when people expose their broken-!@# game.
Good to know, blizz is spending its time with tasks that really make the game more fun to play, ... wait what?
25/09/2018 22:53Posted by Dappywarrior
Basically just advertising if you’re a “known” player you get away with exploiting.

Well, official response via a ticket once after asking why "average joe" get's banned but "youtube joe" doesn't was "youtube isn't sufficient evidence of exploiting!"

Moral of the story, get yourself 5 digit subscribers on a social network if you're gonna exploit...
25/09/2018 23:19Posted by ßootyßandit
No, but it seems like he's actually doing Blizzards job for them by checking numbers that should've been fixed before the launch.

Well yes I agree with that but not every bug is found.

I was reading further into this and it appears there were misunderstandings internally and the ban has been reversed according to a blue post in the US.

EDIT: What I disagree with is this thread's tone and exaggerated blown up hype on the ban. It was still an exploit regardless.
Guys can you stop?

REXTROY WAS UNBANNED
Blizzard apologized for it.

can a mod please lock this thread like they did on US forums?